“Awesome, comfortable, welcoming and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Ahlam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Derb El Miter | Ain Azliten, Fes, Morocco   |
Ranked #4 of 91 Hotels in Fes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome, comfortable, welcoming and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but felt like valued family returning home. The atmosphere, service and comfort was superb. Thank you to Kacem and his team.

Rooms are beautifully finished and very comfortable. We had more than enough room.

It is only a very short walk to the many wonders of the medina and advice is readily available - and Kacem took the time to ensure we felt comfortable with his clear directions and map. We felt comfortable heading off alone into Fes.

Our best night so far in Morocco. We wish we could stay longer just to sit and enjoy the riad.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Spent four nights at this Riad the beginning of March on our first trip to Morocco. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful, from providing instructions on getting a petit taxi from the train station, to arranging a day trip to Volubilis, to getting us back to the train station on our return trip (thank you again Cacim! ). I don't recall the name of the woman who served us breakfast, but she was always very cheerful and was quick to refill my husband's coffee, even leaving the carafe since he's a bit of a caffeine junky. The breakfasts were plentiful though a bit of a waste on us since we're not big morning eaters, but I particularly liked the spicy, tomato/onion pancake along with the pistachio yogurt.
We stayed in a junior suite which was quite spacious. Bed was of the typically hard, European variety (no Westin heavenly bed here...but wasn't expecting it either), but otherwise the pillows and extra blanket were sufficient. The robes and "slippers" were a nice touch as well. The room itself was far from soundproof, but that was only an issue one night when a family with a screaming child stayed. My husband managed to sleep through it, so maybe it was just me.
The courtyard was very nice and the view from the rooftop was superb. Location was great - just a short walk across a parking lot to the main drag in the Medina.
Word of caution for those who enjoy wine - the Riad itself does not serve alcohol and the closest place to buy provisions would be a Carrefour more than a mile walk away. This was my first trip to Morocco and although I am fully aware it's a Muslim country, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find alcohol in the Medina area, whether for onsite consumption or take away. For me personally, this would have been a good factoid to know when reading reviews prior to booking...not that I would have opted for a Riad that does serve alcohol, but I would have been more prepared on our arrival night :)

I would definitely recommend this Riad to anyone visiting Fes and have already raved about the experience with friends and family. Thank you to the Riad Ahlam staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pipe Gate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

A wonderful experience from start to finish was had at the Riad Ahlam. Kacem the manager was absolutely brilliant - his attention to detail is fantastic, nothing is too much trouble and he saved us from a slightly dodgy arrangement we had made for an early morning run to the airport we had made with the driver of a little red taxi. The Riad is delightful - great bedrooms and shower rooms and a fantastic surprise above the room at the top - views from the roof are spectacular and its a great place to take in the city and surrounds, and just to bask in the atmosphere on a sunbed. It's literally just a couple of minutes away from the main shopping drag through the medina. Food - YUM. Breakfasts had fruit, sweet and savoury pancakes and breads with yoghurt, jams and honey. No need for lunch unless you want more taste of the city. The evening meal will not disappoint. It's all fresh, bought in on demand and also served in the lovely courtyard. As well as preparing great food, the chef had the most infectious laugh - she is a delight. Omar, who served the evening meals and kept the road overnight was a gentle and lovely man. The box of goodies to eat on our early morning way was a lovely thought (and the clocks had gone forward that morning!). So a place we would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We mainly chose Riad Ahlam for its location, but once we entered the riad I felt that I didn't want to get out! Very charming and cozy, friendly staff, clean and very good service.
It is close to the old souk and many other attractions.
Breakfast was amazing.

I surely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Like most Moroccan riads the outside is very simple but when you walk inside and see the spectacular courtyard with its classical Moroccan style you will be blown away. Any hint of the world outside is completely left behind.

Nearly every Moroccan I've met has been incredibly friendly and helpful but the staff at Riad Ahlam take it to another level. Even before I arrived they emailed me with questions to make my stay as perfect as possible.

Perhaps the highlight, though, is the food. Having already been in Morocco 2 weeks I've had a lot of tagines but the chicken tagine I had was by far the best. I found myself mopping up every last bit with the lightest fluffiest Moroccan bread. Breakfast the next day was no less spectacular. Far more food than I could ever hope to finish but all of it was amazing.

I've stayed in a range of places while in Morocco - from the simplest tent in the desert to a high end resort but Riad Ahlam is the only one that I feel is uniquely Moroccan.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

There were many great things about staying in this riad- the service, the atmosphere, and the balcony were all exceptional. Our favorites were the suite and the delicious breakfast. Great location near the main road in the medina and easy for taxis to find too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The location for the hotel is very convineant. For shopping this is a great place to stay as Souks are nearby, and for other sight seeing this hotel is equally noteworthy. The customer service level is top notch and trusting. They speak English, French, Arabic and I think Italian.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Riad Ahlam? Share your experiences!