“One of our truly wonderful hotel experiences” 5 of 5 stars

Palais Amani
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 derb El Miter | Medina, Fes 30000, Morocco   |
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Fes
Boston
“One of our truly wonderful hotel experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We were a bit concerned when the taxi dropped us in front of a vacant lot next to Pension Dalia, but within moments Abdel, our fluent English-speaking host and his staff had grabbed our bags and led us 50 meters up a 1-meter wide street into the medina, past the intricately-carved, unmarked front doors (see photo) and into this completely restored exquisite former mansion with an expansive courtyard adorned with orange and lemon trees and original tile work. We had booked the Misriah suite and an adjoining room for our kids and could not have been happier with these accommodations. The suite has a beautiful private roof terrace that overlooks then entire medina. Dinners and breakfasts were excellent. At breakfast our first morning Abdel told us there was a problem he was working to fix with our booking. We had booked through a web-based travel agent who, had charged us the room rate for each of the two rooms, when, in fact and unbeknownst to us, there was a discount for taking the two rooms together, and, as he said, he needed to find a way to reimburse us for the difference.That typifies their focus on customer satisfaction. (We recommend you go straight to the Palais Amani website to complete your booking to avoid such miscommunications.) We had long conversations with Abdel (one very memorable in the rooftop bar), and he appeared to engage equally with all of his other guests. The staff were excellent, a couple of whom walked us out of the hotel and got us started on our exploration of the medina and gave us advice on shopping. WE LOVED THIS PLACE AND CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I had sent many emails back and forth with Palais Amani after reading reviews. The group there was just amazing in helping me out. Finally I booked, but you are always a bit worried, and I booked for all my friends and myself so its a bit more stressful when you make decisions for the group. Anyways I trusted in Palais Amani so I booked. When we reached the parking we were like where are we, and I felt bad as my friends wanted to stay at Palais Jamai (the Sofitel), but I really liked the look and feel of this place, so took a stab at it! Let me tell ya - it's the best risk I have ever taken - when you walk into this place it's a gem, a hidden gem! The rooms are luxurious, spacious, beautiful, great bathrooms, super clean, excellent food, and the service - you just want to hug them all the time. The staff - so nice, so friendly and super hospitable - the breakfast was mmmmmmm delicious!

I would say you would be really ignorant not to choose this place - the best place for sure hands down! Commuting is easy just jump in a meter cab - Fez being so historical there's not a big nightlife - but in the hotel they have a great bar and the staff loves to throw a great party! This place give you the best of both worlds!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London/Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

After a 5-hour drive from Tangier we arrived at Palais Amani very late at night to be received by a very warm welcome. Despite having booked a standard room we were offered the Royal Suite as this was our honeymoon. For the remainder of the time, we found it very difficult to leave the Palace. We were overwhelmed by the wonderful surroundings and the kindness the staff. We very much admired the architecture, nature, and unique blend of old and new. We could not have imagined a more unique or pampered honeymoon. In fact, we were so removed from reality that it was only when we got the airport to catch our flight that we realized we had not reset our watches an hour back to local time!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

There is a reason why everyone rates Palais Amani so highly. The outstanding service, the beautiful property, the great location, the attention to detail, the great food, the calm and elegant atmosphere, the fantastic staff.
I could go on but you get the idea.
Palais Amani had some of the best service we have ever encountered, all the staff going out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay in Fez.
The attention to all aspects of customer service was to be commended and the staff obviously enjoy being there.
The rooms are beautiful and have wonderful sheets and the best towels I have ever used and special amenities like argan oil soaps, beautiful oil and shampoo.
The hammam is great and not too daunting for the uninitiated.
Palais Amani is not cheap but it worth every cent, If anything it is undervalued.
Stay at Palais Amani while you still can get a booking, it is destined to be a mecca for those searching for beauty, quality, luxury and service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I was forced to cancel my reservation due to the sudden spanish strike and the hotel decided not to make me pay a euro. The staff was super nice and I surely will book again this hotel next time I'll be in Fes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palais Amani? Share your experiences!