“A nice place and a warm welcome dispite of our bad timing.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 160 Restaurants in Fes
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
NLD
“A nice place and a warm welcome dispite of our bad timing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

During our stay in the Fes medina (@ riad laayoun which is excelent!) my wife and me visited restaurant la Noria. Despite our bad timing (just before sunset during Ramadan) we were welcomed in and were even invited to join their first meal of the day, their 'breakfast'. It was a very nice experience and the owner, family and staff were very kind to us. The restaurant is located in a garden and their are also some nice plants inside that give it a relaxed atmosphere. We left again before the restaurant actually opened.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ljubljana
“Nice place, but the waiter ripped us off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

The restaurant has a beautiful garden next to the remnants of a watermill.

We stopped here for a breakfast having a croissant in mind, but as nothing of the kind was available, the waiter persuaded us into ordering a plain egg omelette. We forgot to ask for the price beforehand, so he came with a bill of 136 Dh (2x omelette, 2x coffee and 2x juice). When I asked to see the bill he started writing the prices together (10 Dh for the juice, 8 Dh for the coffee, 40 Dh for the omelette) he corrected the bill to 116 Dh, but the price of the omelette was still unreasonable and possibly made up.

Don't go there fore breakfast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“I won't go again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

taking advantage of the fact that it is the only Restaurant recommended by Lonely Planet this place just treats the clients as he likes. It is very big with two terraces and two dinning room areas but be aware, even in October it was full of flies -it is next to the river- and wasp. So the lunch wasn't precisely relaxing. On top of that, the waiter initially only brought us the Menu which includes 3 courses and it is obviously more expensive and it wasn't until we asked that he brought us the Carte. On top of that, I ordered a chicken brochette and he brought me a chicken tagine. Not that it wasn’t good but it wasn’t what I ordered. When I pointed it out he said that I was wrong and that it was impossible that I ordered a chicken brochette because they have never had it in the carte!??? I obviously didn’t want to discuss so I gave up. Would I come back? Nope. On the way back to the medina I discovered an amazing restaurant in front of the gates to the jardin Jnane Sbil called Mezzanine. Check it out online, it is beautiful! If you don’t want to treat yourself I would just avoid to eat at El-Jdid full stop. The medina is only 5 min walk away and the service/food is much better!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jena
“Good food, but owner is a liar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Unfortunately I have to add something:
While we were eating, a man came to our table, we started a small talk, he said to be the owner. He pretended to be a musician and to sell you his music on CD. Don't give him money! You'll never get the CD!
(Later we sent him a letter from our home, asking for the CD. No answer.)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere