“Do not second guess yourself - this Ryad is a fine choice!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ryad Alya to your Saves list
Ryad Alya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Bis Derb El Guebbas, Medina, Fes, Morocco   |
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Fes
“Do not second guess yourself - this Ryad is a fine choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I would strongly recommend this ryad to anybody! The owners, the staff, the service and the ryad is exceptional! They definetly know how tp define Moroccan hospitality - very helpful and very informative when asking questions.

The architecture in the ryad and the design is just breathtaking, the breakfast is delicious and the view of the old medina will leave you in awe!

I came with my partner and we absolutely enjoyed our stay. The only thing I must mention is that if you arrive on Friday- make sure to tour around the old Madina before the Friday prayer (apparently everything closes after the "Isha" prayer). We weren't able to see the old Madina but we did check out the newer part of Fes!

Our only concern leaving this ryad is "when are we coming back?!".

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights along with our 2 daughters. We stayed in the Meknes and
Marrakesh suites. The rooms were very large and nicely decorated in a Moroccan theme. The bathrooms were huge and the beds firm but comfortable. Breakfast was nice, but leaned a bit much on many bread variations. The Ryad itself was like a mini palace, beautifully restored with indigenous artwork and fine craftsmanship. The upper terrace where they serve dinner has an excellent view of the Medina. We had dinner for 2 of the nights and the food was very good. The place is a short walk to the Medina and the Batha traffic circle where there is always a taxi (and the taxi's are extremely inexpensive). We asked the hotel to recommend a guide for us on the first day to give us a tour of the Medina and nearby sites. We found the guide to be just ‘ok’. He took us to a couple of overpriced shops where I know he was hoping for a commission on our purchases, but provided no assistance when we were inquiring about prices in other stores. We bought nothing until we went back on our own. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong staying here. My only complaint is that they were a bit annoying in the way they push dinner on you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ryad Alya was lovely! We stayed in the Ouarzazate Room for 4 nights, which was very nice. However, a note to couples - it is not a double room, it is a twin room with two singles at either end of the room. The room itself was big and clean, as was the bathroom. We had a few issues with the shower not having hot water (but this was mostly fine as it was so hot in Fes anyway). The staff at the ryad are extremely friendly, particularly Hassan, Enas, and Fatah! We were greeted with delicious tea and cookies upon arrival, so delicious that we ordered them on another occasion (for €6). Hassan and Enas even gave us a box of cookies as a leaving gift, as they knew we'd liked them so much! Along with the staff, the other great aspect of Ryad Alya was the amazing breakfast. We had such an array of foods (Moroccan pancakes, bread, cakes, yoghurt, eggs, orange juice, coffee, hot milk, tomato jam - which was very tasty - and more!) and so much of each that we never needed to eat until dinner! The location is also good - just outside the main part of Fes Medina so quiet and hassle-free. Thank you Ryad Alya!

Room Tip: The Ouarzazate Room is a twin room and has two singles on either end of the bed. It isn't a doub...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this lovely riad in Fez. We stayed in a number of riads during our visit to Morocco, but Riad Alya was by far the best experience. The riad itself if beautiful and reminded us of the decor at the Alhambra in Spain. The service provided by all staff - particularly Hassan, the receptionist and Fatah who served the meals - was very gracious. We ate dinners at the riad and the food and service by Fatah was over the top. We would definitely recommend this riad to other travellers!
Richard and Rebecca

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very beautiful riad with excellent services.Strongly recommended to stay there and it is easy to find it.We tried also hammam for me and massage for my boyfriend and were very good.I will stay again there the next time I visit Fes

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful ryad, easily one of the best in Fez. No need to look anywhere else, this is definately the one. Wonderfully restored homely ryad with very proud owners and staff ready to serve and assist with anything you need. The staff were lovely extremely helpful and great fun. Would be a great choice if you were also visiting with children. We loved staying here and would not dream of staying anywhere else in Fez. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I (along with four friends) stayed at Ryad Alya for two nights the end of April, 2013. We arrived in the evening after landing in Casablanca and driving to Fes (and making stops in Meknes and Volubilis). We were all rather tired when we finally arrived.

We were met with kindness and warmth by Hamid and Fatah. And "Moroccan Whiskey" - our first experience with mint tea. After a long journey it was so lovely to be welcomed in such a professional yet homey way.

The riad is beautiful and the rooms clean and comfortable. The food was delicious too. I have a medically restricted diet (Celiac disease) and I am unable to eat gluten (wheat, barley, malt, etc.). After explaining my situation to Fatah he quickly understood and offered me other options. While my friends were enjoying a feast of breakfast breads and treats, Fatah brought me a bowl of sweetened rice.

With a great location, clean rooms and such kind employees I highly recommend a stay at Ryad Alya.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ryad Alya? Share your experiences!