“Amazing Riad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 168 Fes B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed at this Riad with my boyfriend for 3 nights at the beginning of November, after a recommendation from friends who stayed here. Upon our arrival it was raining and we were greeted at the Riad with hot tea and shown to our room. We booked a double room and it was beautiful. Plenty of room for all of our belongings, big plasma TV, ipod dock, fridge, balcony, huge spa bath and big comfortable bed.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. It was my boyfriends birthday when we were there and Youssef organised to have our breakfast in our room (as it was too cold to have it on the balcony) and also for him to have an hour long massage.
The breakfast was really good and included fresh bread, tea or coffee, eggs, OJ, this really yummy chocolate spread and yoghurt. You can chose to have breakfast served to you in your room or on your balcony or on the patio, where it was nice to meet other travellers. Anyhting else you wanted Youssef was happy to help you with.
The Riad is only a short walk to the medina and Blue gate, a very good location.
I would reccomend Riad Verus to anyone who is coming to Fes!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RIADVERUSFES, Owner at Riad Verus, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
thanks for coming to stay with us off a recommendation from a friend and we are so pleased your meet and greet was great and you liked your room and that it was spacious and you liked the plasma tv and dock and balcony and huge spa bath and big comfortable bed, we are also glad that the staff were so attentive and friendly and you liked the massage and breakfast in bed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
GWilkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My friend and I spent an absolutely wonderful few nights at the stunningly beautiful and conveniently located Riad Verus, which is located right inside the Fez Medina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We were treated to a very comfortable and exceedingly clean guest room with a private bathroom which felt more like a 5 star hotel (without the 5 star price) than a youth hostel. I would recommend this place for anyone looking to have a great time in Morocco!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
RIADVERUSFES, Owner at Riad Verus, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thanks for spending a wonderful few nights at Riad Verus and we are delighted you liked your clean and comfortable bedroom with ensuite and that you found it to be of 5 star quality but at a great price, thanks for recommending us.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

A friend and I are studying abroad in Europe this semester and decided to make a trip to Morocco. We found this great little spot through hostel world and what a treat its been to stay in a traditional riad right within the medina! The moroccans are known for their tea and this place offers the best sweet tea we've had, and its complementary! its economical so if youre a student this is the place for you!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
RIADVERUSFES, Owner at Riad Verus, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
We are so happy you had a fabulous experience and that you found it to be economical and you loved the rich complimentary mint tea!
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The Riad Verus is a great place to stay in Fes. It is in a good location close to the medina, lots of cafes and plenty of other things to see and do. The Riad offer lots of activities and a good inhouse menu as well as a bar (not always easy to come by in Fes). The double room is really nice, one of the most light and airy Riads we have stayed at in Morocco. It is very clean and staff are friendly and welcoming (tradiational tea in hand) and will help organise any activities or tours.Would def recommend. If arriving in Fes by train and you get approached by a very frindly young man (there are planty around, who tells you the Riad you have a reservation for is dirty/bad etc DO NOT BELIEVE THEM, they are scam artists!
PS Wifi at Riad Verus is excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Having just returned from three wonderful nights at the very beautiful Riad Verus I feel compelled to share my experience.My first impression was very positive as although I was travelling alone I received a warm welcome and was offered a complementary drink on the comfortable patio where I could admire the most attractive Moroccan style decor. I was then shown to my room which was equally beautiful and although I had booked a dormitary to minimise cost it was only shared by one other. Leanora, who I believe was either the owner or manager, explained that she had upgraded me which was perhaps due to the fact that I was at least twice the age of most of the other guests who came from all over the world.
In the evening I was invited to a free BBQ on the roof terrace where the views even by starlight were stunning and thoroughly enjoyed the company of my fellow guests.
At about midnight I went to bed and although some of the younger travellers continued to chat on the roof I slept very well in the air conditioned room. The en-suite shower was most refreshing in the morning with plenty of hot water and good sized towels of fine cotton provided. Breakfast which I took with fellow guests on the patio, was served from 9.30 which allowed me to take an early morning walk around the Medina which is only a few minutes strole away to increase my appetite. Breakfast consisted of fresh juice, tasty bread, yogurt and a wide variety of jams accomanied by fresh coffee or mint tea.
So by now you will have gathered that I was most impressed by the service and standards of Riad Verus and the hard working young team who make it all happen but what makes it quite unique is the atmosphere. I have stayed in a few other places that have been as beautiful and some that may have been equal on service, but at the Riad Verus I found a unique combination like the best cocktail of surprise ,flavour, taste , style and most important of all fun - even for a senior citizen. I certainly intend to return and MAY even bring my wife!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 I believe.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Riad was in convenience location - only a short walk like 3 minutes to the town centre. I personally felt that the area was quite safe too, as I had experienced no hassels returning to the Riad at 11PM alone.

The interior of the Riad was decorated in a traditional Moroccan style. Best to check out the roof top where you will find a spectacular view of the area! I went there up there every morning for sun-bathing! :-D

Staff were SUPER friendly! They would help you out whenever you required an assistance.

Breakfasts were great and came in a good portion. Although the time starts a bit late i.e. 9:30AM, I guess this is normal to Moroccans as their activities start quite late too e.g. souks are not openned until like 9AM onwards.

As a single Asian traveller, I really enjoyed my stay. Great thank you to Leanora, Noor, Josef, the two ladies who prepared the breakfast & the man who always does the fixing in the building (sorry I didn't know your names....)!

Can't wait to visit Morocco again! Take care!

Room Tip: I guess the single room with own shower would be a good choice if it is within your burget.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Ghent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Positives: beautiulf terrace, nice decor, very clean

Negatives: LOTS of noice, booiming music until very late at night even after complaining. Door that doesn't lock. No shelves or hooks or even a spot to put your toothpaste in the bathroom. Shower that overflows.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Verus? Share your experiences!