“Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca

Save Saved
You added Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca to your Saves list
Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160, Av Des Forces Armees Royales, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #27 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
Sao Paulo, SP
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The room is clean and well decorated (more of business style). The main problem was the air conditioning that expelled a bad smell when turned on (on winter this is not a problem). The breakfast was good, with many options. The staff was helpful. I do recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Paris, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel was quite impressive and the rooms very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The food in the dining room was satisfactory but no attempt was really made to keep the hots, hot or refill the empty dishes quickly.

Room Tip: The higher the better, just because it improves your chances of a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here one night at the beginning and one night at the end of my tour of Morocco. The room was comfortable and attractive with reasonable amenities, though nothing to distinguish it from nice hotel rooms everywhere. There my favorable comments end! The lock on my door was faulty. Once inside, I had great difficulty getting out of the room and finally passed a key under the door to my friend in the hall to get the door opened from the outside. On both occasions, service at the reception desk was cold bordering on rude and certainly unhelpful. For example, the bellman who brought my luggage in put it off to the side somewhere and the reception desk made no effort to connect my luggage, room, and me. I had to seek out the bellman and arrange for him to deliver my luggage. The man who checked me in and out never smiled or welcomed me or gave me any sense that my business was appreciated and gave me no information during the process to explain the protocol. The only bottled water in my room was in the mini-bar; there was no price list and only on checkout did I learn that the price was 4 times what I paid for water at any other site in Morocco, including hotels and restaurants, and also including the hotel's restaurant. There was no service in the restaurant. I mean it! None! The first night at dinner, I stood around waiting for someone to give me a table, but it never happened, though waiters were standing around gossiping with each other through the whole meal. I sat down at a table and waited for someone to bring me water and a menu or invite me to the buffet. That never happened. I served myself at the buffet and finally went up to a waiter and asked him to get some water. He acted put out and brought it toward the end of the meal. When I was ready to leave, no one brought a bill, though I waited a long time. My dinner was included in my tour price, so finally I just left and nobody seemed to care. Repeat performance at the other dinner, though the one element of service was that a person did take my room number. At both breakfasts, waiters talked with each other and other staff again without providing any service. No clean coffee cups were put out with new table settings after guests left or at the coffee station. My companion asked for a cup that never came. She got up and borrowed one from another table, only to find that one coffee container had cold coffee and the other had coffee that was more like slightly colored water. The first afternoon I wanted to have my nails polished. The spa menu in the room listed this as one of the offerings. I called for an appointment and was told by a rude woman that they don't do that. In the middle of my trying to explain that the spa menu listed it, she hung up on me. After all the charming and beautiful dars and riads and hotels and wonderful service in other parts of Morocco, what a disappointment this hotel was.

Room Tip: Just be sure the door locks function correctly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very nice upclass hotel. Modern African hotel, international standards with a local twist. Room are accomodated for both the business traveller and the tourist although none of the two do disturb eachother. Spa is marvelous and breakfast the way it has to be. Good price/quality ratio.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good typical hotel for businiess travelers, rooms have plenty space, comfy bed, the only down side is needing a cable to connect up to the internet...no wifi after the first floor.

Stayed their 5 or 6 times now and have always found the meals in the resteraunt good, bar always busy, but you will need to time to check in and check out...not the quickest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a clean well placed hotel,rooms are clean modern and bath rooms are too. Staff is a bit tuff but seems it is normal in morocco, the pool is rly nice and food at restaurant is average don t try the moroccan soup"harira" here as it has nothing to do with the original one,but try the lamb with prunes it is delicious, hotel is not far from the train station .

• Stayed October 2012
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Just sitting in the lobby of the golden tulip farah in Casablanca as I write this. We stayed one night during our circuit of the imperial cities of morocco. The hotel is a really good 5 star. The staff were always flawless and attentive. On our arrival while we were waiting to check in we got given a glass of natural juice. After checked in we went into our room in the 8th floor. The room was big with a queen size bed, air con, flat screen tv, bathrobes, and it was clean and quiet. I could sleep easily after a tiring day. The dinner which we had included was very good offering Moroccan food. Also the breakfast was good with a vast choice of cold meats, beans, sausages, eggs, etc and also the option of having something cooked fresh for u. Also natural juices tea and coffee and bakery. All in all a very good experience and we would not hesitate to stay there again if we come back to Casablanca.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca? Share your experiences!