“Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Mount Claremont
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms are just ok. However the rest of the hotel is a joke. The gym is a wreck...I think someone smashed it up.

The resturant food is apaulling, the breakfast Buffett is gross, if you don't like the lunch Buffett, you can have a burger or sandwich.

My room had no bath towels, it took me 3 calls to 'house keeping' to get this message through, and then they came and provided me with hand towels, not Bath Towels.

I was locked out of my room, because the key stopped working, when I went to reception 3 girls behind the counter, just smiled and waved away.

Trust me, unless you enjoy sticking hot needles in your own eyes...find another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel in Casablanca...never stay here.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hakim M, Directeur général at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope this incident will not leave you with a bad impression of the Novotel Casa City Center and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel more than met our needs. Brand new, modern, efficient, with excellent food. We had a set of adjoining rooms on a high floor that looked out on the Hassan II mosque and the port. Very nifty sleeping lights and other technologies made this one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed at, and a great (but spoiled) first night in Morocco. The breakfast was the best that we had during our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mosque.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hakim M, Directeur général at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is centrally located. The internet service in the room is great. The room is comfortable with a thermostat that works. Having a toilet separate from the tub/shower is great. The room is very clean and bathroom is very functional.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for four nights. The hotel is modern and the room was a good size with a very comfortable bed, Gym was good. Staff were very pleasant from housemaid to restaurant to reception all were friendly. Maybe lacked a bit of personal touch but would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I Spent the New Year's Eve at this city hotel Novotel which is a stone throw away from the city center.

The rooms are clean and bed very comfortable.
There is a big glass window that lets in enough light into the room. It comes with an amazing ocean view and the view of almost half of the entire city. This view gets better in the night.
The weather is fresh at this time of the year.

Was a bit saddened by low spirit for New Year's celebration. No fireworks shows around the city. It seemed and felt like any other night in the year.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hakim M, Directeur général at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is rare that one come's across a hotel which has unhelpful, discourteous and rude staff all over. From the reception to the restaurant to the door, it was amazing how an otherwise decent hotel is ruined by the disgraceful attitude of staff. I booked here this time as it was a quick overnight stay arriving late and leaving early morning. It was next door to the Sofitel where I stayed the previous week and half the price, looked decent. After a cold check-in, I went upto the room and the lights were not working (#601). The bell man got another room done from downstairs. They keep one small (33cl) bottle of water in the room, the rest you need to buy at an exorbitant price. On departure I needed to exchange 20 euros for the cab, that came to 215 Dirhams at the hotel rate. The person would make NO attempt to find the 15 dirhams to pay. He had only 100 dirham bills in his drawer and simply said "bank opens at 9am" you can go there!! I asked him to take from a colleague or I need to see a manager. He said there is no manager, and insisted that he cannot arrange for the exchange in full. The rudeness at each step was getting to me anyway, but the attitude of this person was shocking. Even when I said I will need to put this up on Tripadvisor, he was least bothered and asked me to go ahead. Finally some other staff member passed on the change, and I left for the gate. Avoid this hotel if you expect to treated with courtesy in anyway as a guest. One the worst staff quality I experienced around the world.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your self following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Sincerely

Been to Novotel Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!