“Tired appearance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #15 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
Ocala,Florida, U.s.
“Tired appearance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We spent the last nights of our tour at this property. The room was quite out dated, the furniture beaten up. Worst of all, the carpeting in the room and in the hallways was super disgusting. Make sure you bring slippers. On the positive side, the wi-Fi worked in the room without any problems, there was a hot pot for coffee, and a walk-in shower. Breakfast was okay, a little better than continental fare. We did have a burger at the bar, it was very good. The medina is close by, prices were better than any other place in Morocco. We ate in a seafood restaurant in the Port, which was excellent. I would have rather stayed closer to the seashore area, but this hotel served its purpose.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hakim M, Directeur général at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Casablanca, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Arrived at the hotel late, as plane was delayed. Only it find that the two rooms I had paid for, and had a conformation number were not booked. The staff then suggested I call Australia and figure it out as it was not their fault. The gentleman who was looking "after" me then just walked away and stopped serving me. Waited for an hour to get up to my room.
The room is lovely, but not worth the muck around and general rudeness of the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was at Casablanca for business and discovered this excellent hotel.
Excellent location near Casa port very delicious breakfast which diverse choice of food. Although the rates seem high at first glance but for the city and compared to other hotels I think its an excellent deal. I recommend this hotel for everyone and if you in Casablanca for business don't even hesitate!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here twice on a tour of Morocco. While the accommodations are adequate The temperature control ind the room did not work and the food was less than ideal. The second time we stayed at the end of tour trip they would not allow our driver into the parking lot. Then when we entered the building we had to go through a search of our bags. When I asked at the front desk during our check in what the issue was, he replied, it is better for you. I am very angry. If there is a security threat then he should have advised us and gave us the opportunity to go elsewhere. If the extra security was due to a guest then, he could have simply said so and did not have to divulge who. We called maintenance regarding our air conditioning and when he came up he told it was working and he had just turned it on. We had it set at 5 degrees c and should have been freezing but could not even sleep with a blanket on. And although Morocco has made a law regarding no smoking in public places, the smoke in the dining was unbearable. The food was no better. We order a ginger with shrimp soup, and when it was served it was barely even tepid and mine did not contain any shrimp. We ordered a chicken supreme with a honey and spice sauce, and when it arrived at the table is was a sliced chicken breat with some type of red tasteless sauce. We won't ne back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope this incident will not leave you with a bad impression of the Novotel Casa City Center and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Novotel Casablanca City Center is a very nice establishment, just minutes away from the Medina and Casbah of Casablanca. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night, the last night of our tour of Morocco. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean, The higher up in the hotel they are, the better the views. The corner rooms have views of the Hassan II Mosque and the port. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel. The free breakfast is nice, but nothing to write home about. There are many other eating options in the area. I would suggest the Novotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay in the Casablanca area.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Only stayed for one night in this comfortable centrally located hotel. I like Novotel as a group and this hotel did not disappoint. The service was very good from all the staff that I encountered. I ate out during the evening and I had to rush breakfast, so didn't get to fully explore breakfast, which was reasonably priced for a hotel.
I would be happy to stay at this hotel if I ever visit Casablanca again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A budget hotel lacking in maintenance. Like an Ibis. I’ve stayed in luxurious Novotels but this one isn’t. Friendly staff. My frig was unplugged and didn’t get very cold when plugged in. (More like a wine chiller.) Stain on chair. Cramped bathroom with doorless shower. Toilet in separate room. Outward-opening bathroom door covered the room light switches/thermostat. Comfy full size bed. Shower good. Limited outlets. (There's one in the hairdryer that worked to charge my laptop.) Better wifi (which is free but you only get 12 hours at a time. Just need to go thru process every 12 hours- a ridiculous inconvenience.) Please see my photos for more room details. If you found my review helpful, please click on “yes.” Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear,

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.