“Great service :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

Save Saved
You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great service :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I decided to stay here for my first few nights in morocco so that I could adapt to the time change and ease into the culture. As a solo female I wanted to ensure I was in a good location with helpful staff. This hotel was a fantastic choice :)
The rooms are exactly as pictured which was a pleasant surprise. Very clean, modern and the windows also open. The tv has a few english channels, the minibar was stocked with typical beverages and I had plenty of towels and pillows. Also I had free wifi in my room which was incredibly helpful.
What really made this hotel wonderful was the staff! My French is horrific but thankfully most of them speak English :) They assisted me with walking directions to a small grocery store so that I can purchase snacks, made sure the red taxis would take me places with the meter on (most never wanted to turn it on which would then be double the price) and they always made sure I was doing good. Everyone had smiles and a very helpful attitude. It was highly comforting to know that they were there if I needed them.
I ordered room service two nights and it arrived quickly and for spaghetti it was good. I paid for the food in cash and while the server never had change on him he always came back several minutes later with it. The staff here works hard so don't forget to tip ;)
My room had a sea view with great views of the mosque. It was nice to relax by the window at sunset while enjoying some tea.
in many hotels room service will simply enter your room at anytime... Not here! I wanted full peace and quiet sometimes and they always respected my do not disturb sign. I left it on for two days. Then when housekeeping saw me emerge from sleeping in late she rushed to me to ensure I had everything I needed.
I'm checking out today and headed to different parts of morocco.... This was definitely a great hotel to start my trip with!
Tip: when u exit the hotel turn left and follow it down to the main road. Cross the Main Street (watch out for all the cars!) and there is a Pizza Hut. While I love to eat local cuisine I find it fun to try fast food places at least once on a trip as the menu is incredibly different than in the states.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel is modern and fuctional as you would expect. Comfy bed, clean bathroom and drinks facilities in the room which for some reason I wasn't expecting, so quite a nice surprise. Location is quite good – fairly central and easy to get to both the train station and Hassan II mosque and the lovely old souk. Staff at Reception were nice. Breakfast is disappointing with only a very limited choice. Lobby was quite smoky, but that’s something you notice in Morocco as smoking is still allowed indoors. Eurgh. Luckily it is quite a big lobby so it’s possible to squash up against a wall away from the smokers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your feed back!

Mermaid Waters
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent two nights in a Superior Room with view of the sea and Mosque. Lovely bright room, not huge but very adequate. Good bathroom with plenty of space and good towels. Tea and coffee in the room. Lovely breakfast and very pleasant staff. Costs about 50 MAD in a taxi from Casa Voyageurs and withing walking distance of the centre of town and the Mosque. Was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel, would definitely stay here again as was good value for money.

Room Tip: Superior rooms with a view are definitely worth the extra
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2013

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

it was our second trip to this novotel and we can say, that it is apretty good hotel - modern interiour and mostly friendly staff there. good location,just 10 minutes walk awayfrom casablanca center and tro the main shopping street. directlyin front of this hotel is the fishmarket and the cty train station (train to airport!!!). room wasoutfitted in the usual novotel design and we had a nice view from the room to the garden.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013

North of London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night only as part of a tour. Arrived late and a platter of cold meats and fruit awaited in our room. Room had tea and coffee facilities and good bathroom. Breakfast delightful assortment of hot and cold foods. Very good would be happy to stay longer. Also had currency changing facilities and free wifi.

• Stayed May 2013
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Here for an overnight stop. Pleasant room, good size hard bed. Excellent shower in the small bathroom. Breakfast standard large hotel fayre. Plated salad left for us in the room, since we were a late arrival bit dubious as we were not sure how long it had been in an unairconditiined room! Yogurts also but only one spoon between two! No milk on the tea/coffee tray. Clean and nice white towels.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Novotel Casablanca is a non-descript business hotel with decent parking. Since we weren’t planning on spending any real time in the city, just a quick overnight to catch a flight the next morning, I picked it based on its proximity to Rick’s Café. An easy 20 minute walk to the restaurant, the hotel turned out to be a good choice. Parking and the in-room wifi is free but we skipped the usual overpriced business hotel breakfast buffet, 150 per person. The room does have a water boiler and a selection of instant coffee and tea.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013

Sincerely

Been to Novotel Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!