I decided to stay here for my first few nights in morocco so that I could adapt to the time change and ease into the culture. As a solo female I wanted to ensure I was in a good location with helpful staff. This hotel was a fantastic choice :)
The rooms are exactly as pictured which was a pleasant surprise. Very clean, modern and the windows also open. The tv has a few english channels, the minibar was stocked with typical beverages and I had plenty of towels and pillows. Also I had free wifi in my room which was incredibly helpful.
What really made this hotel wonderful was the staff! My French is horrific but thankfully most of them speak English :) They assisted me with walking directions to a small grocery store so that I can purchase snacks, made sure the red taxis would take me places with the meter on (most never wanted to turn it on which would then be double the price) and they always made sure I was doing good. Everyone had smiles and a very helpful attitude. It was highly comforting to know that they were there if I needed them.
I ordered room service two nights and it arrived quickly and for spaghetti it was good. I paid for the food in cash and while the server never had change on him he always came back several minutes later with it. The staff here works hard so don't forget to tip ;)
My room had a sea view with great views of the mosque. It was nice to relax by the window at sunset while enjoying some tea.
in many hotels room service will simply enter your room at anytime... Not here! I wanted full peace and quiet sometimes and they always respected my do not disturb sign. I left it on for two days. Then when housekeeping saw me emerge from sleeping in late she rushed to me to ensure I had everything I needed.
I'm checking out today and headed to different parts of morocco.... This was definitely a great hotel to start my trip with!
Tip: when u exit the hotel turn left and follow it down to the main road. Cross the Main Street (watch out for all the cars!) and there is a Pizza Hut. While I love to eat local cuisine I find it fun to try fast food places at least once on a trip as the menu is incredibly different than in the states.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Casablanca City Center is a 4 star hotel offering 281 rooms (including eight suites) located right in the centre of Casablanca, a short distance from the old Medina and the prestigious Hassan II mosque. The hotel offers five meeting rooms, ideal for conferences or seminars for up to 250 people. Whether on a business trip or holiday in Casablanca, you will be charmed by our Lounge restaurant and bar and our comfortable rooms featuring satellite TV and WiFi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Casablanca City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Casablanca City Hotel Casablanca
- Accor Casablanca City Center
- Casablanca Novotel