“Horrible Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #15 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
Jacksonville, Florida
“Horrible Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed as part of Gate 1 tour. Room is very nice and bed very comfortable. Hotel is 5 minute walk from old medina, but mostly sporting clothes shops. Not really worth it, but decide for yourself. My complaint with this hotel is the customer service and management. My first negative experience was when I changed money. After check in, I changed $20, which would have gave me, approximately 165 dirhams. I needed this last money for food and entry to Mosque. The front desk only had 100 dirhams and stated he would give me the remaining 65 in a little bit. That little bit, turned out to be over two hours. He did not give me a receipt, when changing, so I wanted to get it taken care of that night. I had no proof of the exchange and if the employee was not working the following morning, I probally would have been cheated. The main complaint was the attitude. I had decided, after two hours, that I would tell them to give me a 100 dirhams, and I would owe them 35. I'm sure that would have never happened. The second complaint was on the second day. I returned to my room, made up, but no towels. I told the maid and pointed, so I am pretty sure she understood me. After two hours and four requests, to the front desk and management, I finally got the towels. I found this customer service unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Of all the hotels on our Moroccan tour, this one got it all right. Great facility, good food, pleasant and professional staff, comfy beds, nice bathrooms and convenient location. I heard only minimal concerns from fellow travels and all problems were solved.

It was a pleasure staying here and I would definitely return. I highly recommend the Novotel Casablanca City Center.

Room Tip: The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms nice. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Novotel for the final night during a Gate 1 trip to Morocco. Novotel always has a sleek, contemporary design, and this was no exception. The lobby area was spacious and led into the seating area for the bar and for the continental breakfast. The rooms were fine--the bathroom was positioned at a strange angle, but, as I said, that is Novotel's trademark: modern, with lots of angles and minimalist design. We prefer two beds but they only had rooms left with one bed, so my husband slept on the pull-out sofabed, which he said was very comfortable.

Check-in for our large group (about 40 people) was a bit chaotic, and the first room they gave us was occupied! Yikes! Sorry--didn't mean to walk in on you. So we had to go back down to the still-chaotic check-in to get a new room. Just a minor glich, but since the Moroccan food had recently begun to take its toll on my system, I was anxious to get into a room and stay near the bathroom. Anyway, all worked out fine.

If I were staying in Casablanca longer, I am not sure if this would be a good location for exploring the sites through walking. Rick's Cafe was a rather long walk on a not pleasant road, and the tour guide would NOT let us walk back to the hotel from there at night. Nothing else seemed to be nearby. However, do NOT miss the Hassan II Mosque--pay the entry fee. Definitely worth it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I arrived into Casablanca around 7pm and were heading out to Meknes the following day and so wanted a room that was reasonably priced, well located and comfortable! The Novotel Casablanca met all 3 requirements. The rooms were decently sized with comfortable beds. The bathroom was well equipped. And the location was perfect – we were just a few blocks off the main square.

Some downsides:
- When we arrived at the hotel, the bellboy did not help us with our luggage. He just stood watching us unload our bags from the taxi and carry them into the lobby
- Since we arrived late, we decided to grab a quick bite in the hotel itself. The food was terrible- they even managed to make a simple dish like a Penne Arrabiata taste bad

That said, I would definitely stay in the hotel again as it is good value for money and guarantees a certain standard that one thinks of when they think of the Novotel chain of hotels

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope this incident will not leave you with a bad impression of the Novotel Casa City Center and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.
Dakar, Senegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Friendly service, great lounge bar downstairs with good food. Centrally located at walking distance from the train station (Rabat trains), the Hassan II mosquee, the old soukh, restaurant Maur and Rick's cafe. Good quality price balance.WIFI. Great beds too! Hard to find anything to criticize.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Walking distance to the Medina, Rick's Cafe and the tourist areas. Rooms are roomy, large windows, and free wifi. The breakfast bar includes many choices. Food was good. If you are going to Rabat the train station is less than a block away. A good upscale hotel for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The hotel is less than a block from the train station that goes to Rabat not the one from the airpor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I accidentally booked a prepaid night at the Casablanca Novotel when I meant to use vouchers/points. When I arrived the hotel, the manager immediately said there was absolutely nothing they could do to refund the money and let me use vouchers instead - which I don't believe as I've spent more time in hotels than my own home. The Accor customer service phone line was equally useless. I've been loyal enough of an Accor customer to rack up over 40k+ points within 1 year - does that really count for nothing?

Average rating is because the room/location are fine - just displeased with the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Best Regards.

Been to Novotel Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!