“Decent choice in Casablanca” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

Save Saved
You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
CT
“Decent choice in Casablanca”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Novotel for the final night during a Gate 1 trip to Morocco. Novotel always has a sleek, contemporary design, and this was no exception. The lobby area was spacious and led into the seating area for the bar and for the continental breakfast. The rooms were fine--the bathroom was positioned at a strange angle, but, as I said, that is Novotel's trademark: modern, with lots of angles and minimalist design. We prefer two beds but they only had rooms left with one bed, so my husband slept on the pull-out sofabed, which he said was very comfortable.

Check-in for our large group (about 40 people) was a bit chaotic, and the first room they gave us was occupied! Yikes! Sorry--didn't mean to walk in on you. So we had to go back down to the still-chaotic check-in to get a new room. Just a minor glich, but since the Moroccan food had recently begun to take its toll on my system, I was anxious to get into a room and stay near the bathroom. Anyway, all worked out fine.

If I were staying in Casablanca longer, I am not sure if this would be a good location for exploring the sites through walking. Rick's Cafe was a rather long walk on a not pleasant road, and the tour guide would NOT let us walk back to the hotel from there at night. Nothing else seemed to be nearby. However, do NOT miss the Hassan II Mosque--pay the entry fee. Definitely worth it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I arrived into Casablanca around 7pm and were heading out to Meknes the following day and so wanted a room that was reasonably priced, well located and comfortable! The Novotel Casablanca met all 3 requirements. The rooms were decently sized with comfortable beds. The bathroom was well equipped. And the location was perfect – we were just a few blocks off the main square.

Some downsides:
- When we arrived at the hotel, the bellboy did not help us with our luggage. He just stood watching us unload our bags from the taxi and carry them into the lobby
- Since we arrived late, we decided to grab a quick bite in the hotel itself. The food was terrible- they even managed to make a simple dish like a Penne Arrabiata taste bad

That said, I would definitely stay in the hotel again as it is good value for money and guarantees a certain standard that one thinks of when they think of the Novotel chain of hotels

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope this incident will not leave you with a bad impression of the Novotel Casa City Center and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.
Dakar, Senegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Friendly service, great lounge bar downstairs with good food. Centrally located at walking distance from the train station (Rabat trains), the Hassan II mosquee, the old soukh, restaurant Maur and Rick's cafe. Good quality price balance.WIFI. Great beds too! Hard to find anything to criticize.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear ,

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Walking distance to the Medina, Rick's Cafe and the tourist areas. Rooms are roomy, large windows, and free wifi. The breakfast bar includes many choices. Food was good. If you are going to Rabat the train station is less than a block away. A good upscale hotel for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The hotel is less than a block from the train station that goes to Rabat not the one from the airpor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I accidentally booked a prepaid night at the Casablanca Novotel when I meant to use vouchers/points. When I arrived the hotel, the manager immediately said there was absolutely nothing they could do to refund the money and let me use vouchers instead - which I don't believe as I've spent more time in hotels than my own home. The Accor customer service phone line was equally useless. I've been loyal enough of an Accor customer to rack up over 40k+ points within 1 year - does that really count for nothing?

Average rating is because the room/location are fine - just displeased with the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Best Regards.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel was really clean. Our room was very clean and comfortable..We appreciated the tea and coffee making facilities in our room and the free onsite parking. yosef at reception were very helpful friendly and attentiv.Enjoyed gym facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear ,

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

we spend there two daysfor businessandtwo days for holiday. we went therewith the train from airportand final train station is just fewminutes walking away from the novotel (station casablanca ville). alse the fish harbouris just across the street and especiall in the early morning hours, there was much business and also good for tourist attraction (but get up early!). hotel by itself is newandin the usual novotel standard outfittet. we went several times for businesslunch and dinner in the restaurant and we had been satisfied with the service and taste there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Karim,

Sincerely

Been to Novotel Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!