“Strange service at this location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Casablanca City Center

Save Saved
You added Novotel Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Novotel Casablanca City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ouhmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #9 of 68 hotels in Casablanca
Budapest, Hungary
“Strange service at this location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at this location for one evening before our return to the US. The food in the lobby was decent and the rooms were typical Novotel quality. However, we did arrange and pay for late checkout which turned out to be a headache. We were told three different times for our extended checkout , and despite leaving a do not disturb sign on the door, after 12 pm, the cleaning crew knocked and tried to enter without a response every hour for 5 hours until our late departure. Also, if you desire a non-smoking room, make sure to request it during booking under special requests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

672 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Saint-Raphael, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Clean, very good position, even better than few 5 stars hotel in Casablanca!!
Just go and enjoy your stay relax even for business.
Price is really according to what you have and wifi is free. Some 4 or 5 stars hotel in Casablanca haven't it for free.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

sydney australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed one night here before going to Marakesh. I was originally thinking of another smaller boutique hotel, and after walking in Casablanca for only 2 hours, I am glad we chose a name brand hotel....Casablanca was so disappointing. I really did not want to see anymore after 2 hours, so we came back to the Novotel, had drinks, and a yummy dinner in the lovely downstairs area.
The rooms were average - nothing in the mini bar at all! just empty - which was odd. The pillows were like styrofoam cubes in a pillowcase - but it was clean.....and the breakfast was great. Probably the best choice for staying in Casa. (But if possible, avoid going there in the 1st place!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Standard Novotel look and furnishings that you would find in other cities, although a little tired looking in places. WiFi was free and of a good speed, which is a bonus and not very common anymore.

Stayed in a standard room with good views over the big mosque and port. The room was simple but clean. It had all the things you would expect...minibar, safe, tea/coffee, blackout curtains, iron and board. The toilet is shoehorned into a tiny little room separate from the rest of the bathroom; this might be an advantage if 2 are sharing the room. The shower was fine although it ran hot and cold at times (something I've experienced at other Novotel hotels). Good toiletry products provided but the towels had seen better days.

The food was rather poor. I ordered a burger in the bar/lounge on the ground floor. The bun was toasted rock hard and the beef patty was rare. The fries tasted like they had been over-fried in oil that had been used many times. I was only able to eat a few bites. I mentioned this to the waiter when he collected my almost untouched plate, but he just smiled and brought me the bill. Breakfast was marginally better. A good selection of breads, cold meats and pastries, but the warm food was terrible...cold sloppy scrambled egg and a couple weird looking sausages.

The gym is small with 4 cardio and a couple weight machines. It is clean and the machines are modern and look new. Towels and cold water are provided. Good for a quick work out. It would however, benefit from a clock and a fan to keep the air moving.

The staff were pleasant but didn't go out of their way to help you.

Adequate for a one night business trip or at the end of a holiday while you wait for a flight. Not comparable to 4* hotels you would find elsewhere and a bit below what you would expect of other Novotel Hotels. Probably best summarised by the American who was sat near me at breakfast..."I'm ready to go home now."

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear,

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

Please accept my sincere apologies.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really nice example of the brand, clean tidy and all I would have expected. Pity about the surroundings. I was expecting Casablanca to be mysterious, whitewashed and tented with rich fabrics abound, instead it was manic and the streets were extremely dirty with litter and debris everywhere. What a pity. The haunting sunrise with the beautiful singing from the mosque was so atmospheric, until you ventured out. Maybe its because im getting older, maybe this is the place for backpackers who dont mind a bit of rough - watch out for the red petite taxis, yes they are half the price of the white mercs, but i feared for my life in the one I stupidly got in!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Morocco and it was just what we needed after 10nights in Riads. It lived up to the novotel brand, excellent service, clean and spacious rooms. We had tons of english channels to choose from (including English movie channels).

Location: Great if you want to be near the Casa port train station. It is right across the road from Casa port. However beware, if you want to go to the airport from the hotel, you must take the train from casa vouyegurs station. If you do not, you have to change at Ain something station. This does not serve efficiency as the interchange time is long.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

Sincerely

Been to Novotel Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!