“Had a good time. Staff was very helpful and courteous” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf

You added Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf to your Saves list
Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   La Colline II Sidi Maarouf | Route de Nouasser, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #17 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
Sacramento, California
“Had a good time. Staff was very helpful and courteous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at the hotel in Nov, 2010. The staff was very helpful. A special thanks to Mr. Hicam, Mr. Mohammed, and Ms.Hanane (I could have the name wrong or was it Ms. Leila). For the price paid I was pleasantly surprised. The location is close to a shopping center (10-12 min walk). The breakfast was good.

My only complaint would be that I wish IBIS allows for internet in the room. Coming to the lobby is an inconvenient.

Thank you and I look forward to coming again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I trust Ibis because anywhere in the world, their hotels are good. I have been to Ibis in scotland and morocco and I know what to expect. They dont disappoint.
This hotel is near to train station which has a direct train to airport,takes 40 mins and 30 Dirhams I think. If you will take a taxi from airport to city then it will cost you around 200 Dirhams.
Very nice and clean hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Room was very nice and I was satisfied with a room service.
Location is good enough for bussines trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

- Room was small but had the required furniture
- Though sheets are changed everyday, cleanliness can be improved
- Breakfast was OK and there is lot of scope for improvement. Fresh food is NOT always available.
- Location of the hotel is good, as it is very near the business district
- there were several mistakes in the final billing, inspite of repeated complaints

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I travelled with a group of friends to Casablanca as tourists. We chose the Ibis due to its reasonable price and location. Online reservations were easy and accurate. One friend reserved via Expedia and had an issue with pricing. Be sure to take your online reservation statement to back up your understanding of the fees. Check in was easy, the rooms were clean, more spacious than I expected although a typical European style room. Bathrooms were nice and well supplied with hot water. The location is on a very noisy, busy street but with the window closed, the room was extremely well insulated and quiet. The windows could be opened which was needed at times because of the air conditionning issue. The rooms have excellent air conditioning which worked well and was very quiet. Unfortunately when the weather outside becomes cool by Moroccan standards they turn the air off. Returning to the hotel after a busy day out and about, the humidity is oppressive in the room. Sleeping with the window open was unacceptable because of the street noise. When we requested for the air to be turned on, the registration desk clerk lied outright and told us that the air was broken in the entire hotel. One friend was more aggressive than the rest and pressed them until they came and turned on the air for her room. It turned out that each room had a switch behind a locked cabinet in the hallway that controlled the air. When we discovered this, we immediately 'requested' upon our return each day that they turn it back on for our rooms. After being lied to twice, I simply would tell them I knew their story was not true and to come and turn it on. They then began to respond quickly, but with an attitude, to our requests. Other than that the hotel was well run, breakfasts were good, rooms kept clean and our stay was very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
perth, australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

On arrivak, i was krpt waiting for 10 minutes at reveption before amyone even acknowleged me. It was only after the man who stood next to me suggested that the receptonist attend to me first as I had arrived first that i was actually acknowledged! we stayed here for one night after a particularly harrowing stay elsewhere so it was nice to be in a clean and comfortable hotel again. However our hotel door didn't work and we had to go down to recepton 4 times to ask for it to be fixed. I asked for an extra towel to be brought to the room. Two hours later, and after several phone calls which went unanswered, the receptionist said it was not possible and I had to wait until morning! They also tried to charge me for a cup of tea(which was my own special tea from home) and he was also rude and arrogant. Just because I am a young female traveller, I do not feel I should be treated differently to other paying guests. However, after my last hotel experience was nice to have a clean place to kip!

• Stayed September 2010
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

very bad hotel near the casablance train mainstation

We've reserved 1 week before and they don't have the reservation, and they were very unfriendly.

Nobody talk good english, just basic word

I was with my wife and they force us to take 2 rooms even we are married!!! just incredible!!!

So if you plan to stay near the train station, ask a taxi driver to get a nice hotel in the center for less money and more confort

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple