“Great value! No frills but plenty of positive things to say.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Guynemer

You added Hotel Guynemer to your Saves list
Hotel Guynemer
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Rue Mohamed Belloul (Ex.Pegoud) | Casa-Anfa, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #47 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
Denver, Colorado
“Great value! No frills but plenty of positive things to say.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This is a locally owned and operated property that serves its guests well. It's not fancy, and is not for someone who needs to be pampered. Casa can be harsh; Hotel Guynemer feels safe. Restaurant serves wine and decent food, awesome oud player after dinner, breakfast is adequate, and the price is right. The bathroom was on the edge of acceptability in my book, but they would have moved me if I had asked. The staff is kind and intelligent. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Guynemer in Casablanca with some friends during both my trips to Morocco. The hotel owners were so hospitable and the rooms were nicely furnished and very modern. I was comfortable in the hotel, felt safe, and it was very quiet. The hotel restaurant had great Moroccan cuisine and live music. My friends and I enjoyed our evening at the restaurant so much and it provides me with some wonderful memories of my time in Casablanca. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel. Next time I return to Morocco, I will be sure to stay at Hotel Guynemer.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I actually stayed at this hotel in April 2008, but this site wouldn't let me go back that far in the "date of stay" field. I stayed in this hotel a couple of nights solo before joining a group tour of Morocco (the tour company used this hotel as its joining point, so I just added a couple of nights). I'm so glad I chose this hotel! The staff (manager and chef, in particular) were very friendly, and went out of their way to be sure I was comfortable (as a female traveling alone), and that I had a great experience in Casablanca. They recommended places to go, arranged car service for me, and even accompanied me once or twice. There is an onsite restaurant that serves a delicious dinner! The rooms were clean and comfortable. After a few days in this hotel, I had a great impression of Morocco and its people. (I'm actually still in touch with a couple of the staff via facebook).

• Stayed December 2009
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Not a bad place to stay in Casablanca. We just slept there after long flight. Nothing bothered us.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We chose Hotel Guynemer based on it being the pick for Casablanca budget accommodation in LP's Morocco guidebook. It is very difficult to fairly review the hotel as we have not stayed elsewhere in Casablanca, but can compare with similarly priced accommodation in Chefchaouen, Fes and Marrakesh.

Hotel Guynemer staff were friendly, but did not go out of their way like other places we've stayed. Although, one very good aspect was the cleanliness. It is difficult for old hotels to look clean but our room was serviced daily to an excellent standard - cleaned bathroom, new towels, new sheets etc.

The hotel is quite run down and could really use some 'cheering up'. The room was small and basic with old furniture, a tiny TV and ridiculously small bathroom (tall or large people beware). The shower had almost no water pressure, but did produce relatively warm water.

It is relatively good value although if we went to Casablanca again we would look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

from other reviews, it sounds like rooms are hit and miss. our room was kind of falling apart and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We arrived and were given a room that you could not swing a cat in as it was that small. The toilet was continually running and could not be turned off. We complained and were given a better room. From the time of our arrival we were hassled by the front desk to take the Hotel's local tour. The first evening we were in Casablanca we ate at the Hotel. After a lengthy delay food was served. Other guests saw it and decided to eat elsewhere. I had beef brochettes and I would have been embarrassed feeeding them to my dog. The breakfasts were OK. We had a hasske with the front desk about the cost of breakfast. One price was advertised but we were charged 5dms more. It is a petty amount but the priciple counted. The Hotel is spending a lot of money doing up it's exterior but there would be more purpose if they did up the rooms and installed an elevator. It is no fun dragging a couple of bags up several flights of steep stairs. T cap it all off, the toilet sear was not attached to the bowl and it was a balancing act evrytime you wanted to use it

• Stayed September 2010