“Urgent renewal needed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Madrid, Spain
“Urgent renewal needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is well located but it needs an urgent renovation.
Rooms are ok, well sized, well distributed and with all the common amenities, the problem is that the floor, furniture and specially the bathroom are and look old. Probably the room is not that old but some furniture and carpets just seem to age worse than others...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelo-Maroc, Directeur général at Barcelo Casablanca Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Customer,

We feel very uncomfortable for the statements you relate and we apologize for it. We believe that is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our customers that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for. With this in mind, the comments such as yours are of the greatest importance and assistance to us.

Although your recent stay in our Hotel did not fully satisfy you, we would dearly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future. If so, please let us know in advance of your arrival in order to welcome you personally.

Barcelo Casablanca Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was clean and orderly and well priced. However the issues in the hotel were not worth the low price. Centrally located, the hotel had very slow wifi, and the elevator was too small for so many people. One time I watched it pass my floor 5 times going up and down and it never stopped. I started taking the stairs. Also I had to request towels and toilet paper often and they only gave us one set of towels for 2 ppl. I would not stay here again. The staff was very nice and respectful. But no one spoke English and it was difficult communicating our needs. I guess you get what you pay for

Room Tip: If you need wifi dont stay here. We found if we hooked up to the restaurant wifi at night, it was be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Casablanca, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you are a non smoker then you should not consider this Hotel.
You will not be asked during reservation; you will not be asked during checkin and assuming that you end up in a non smoking floor you will be surprised to know that all your neighbors are smoking...

On the other hand, and compared to other hotels (or what they call hotels) in Casablanca, it is a good hotel. Ok from the inside, Clean and the breakfast is not so bad.

I would give it an average rating.

Room Tip: ASk for your room to be on the side that is not facing the highway. to have a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barcelo-Maroc, Directeur général at Barcelo Casablanca Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013

Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I travel twice to Casablanca a year and stayed regular in the BARCELO hotel. During the last years the rooms are getting more dirty and bad maintained. On my arrival this week I was given a room on the second floor. The AC did not work, the television set did not work and the carpet at the entrance was so dirty I didn't dare to walk bare feet. The bathroom was full of mildew and the door frames looked terrible. I asked to change the room but the receptioist told the hotel was fully booked, although there was very little movement at the counter. Next time I will look for another hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your time and comments.

We seize the occasion of your related facts to inform you that our property is on the process of a heavy and deep renovation that involve guest rooms as well as all other common zones of the hotel.

We are sure you will change your mind once you see the final renovation results.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in Barcelo Casablanca.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I usually come to Casa on business and had to go for Barcelo because the 2 other hotels I usually stay in were fully booked :(
The reception staff are quite arrogant and don't speak a lot of English!
The room was clean but can use a refurbishment. Bed sheets and pillow covers didn't smell too fresh either.
The bath tub is rusty and only 1 set of towels was provided despite asking for another. There was no soap provided and when i asked, the receptionist said the hotel is out of soap!! The next day a only one tiny piece was provided.
Laundry service is not available on Sunday and only provided from 8am - 5pm so better keep that in mind if you have some pressing to do as not even an iron and board will be given to you as I've been informed they only have one and its with other guests!!
There's no complimentary water bottles, coffee & tea sachets or even a water kettle in the room. The expensive mini bar only has water and fizzy soft drinks.
TV only has a 2 English speaking channels and the reception is pretty bad across the board!
Finally, when asking for a plug adapter (coz the one I had broke) ....well as expected they don't have any in the hotel :)

Oh and the food isn't great either!!

For the price you can do much better

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Positives: I stayed twice in this hotel both on business trips. This is a business hotel hence most of the guests are business men & women. The rooms are quite spacious, clean and has the right lighting. Based on TA comments I requested for a higher floor which they have given me so I had peaceful sleep.

Breakfast were simple and quite nice. Service staff were ok and accommodating. On our last day my colleague overslept and when he went down to the dining area, breakfast was over and kitchen was closed. He was accommodated by the staff and served breakfast since we were scheduled to travel back to Dubai.

Negatives: Front desk staff needs more training. The guy automatically assumed that my colleague and I were staying in one room when it was clearly mentioned in our hotel booking (done by our travel company) that there are 2 rooms which have been paid for already. I don’t know, maybe he can’t read?

Another one would be the adapter, the sockets are different (same as in Europe) which was fine I guess. However they should have an adapter available for guests with different plugs. My colleague was really pissed when he requested one and after almost an hour of waiting was told that it was not available and he should buy it outside. This was a really stupid thing to say because where could a guest buy an adapter if he was new in the country? As it happens he had to call his family urgently after arriving in Casablanca. The least they could have done was to offer to buy it for him.

Recommendation: I recommend this hotel for people traveling on business only since there are not much to do here. No swimming pool, gym or spa. I always look for a spa when I travel and no matter the cost I always get a massage or treatment. There was a nearby Hammam Center which I tried but I would not go there again. I’ve had better Moroccan bath in Dubai.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor to get away from the street noise Bring your own adapter if you are from t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Customer

We wish to thank you for your time and comments.
It was a pleasure to read your review and we are thankful for your encouragements to continue to challenge ourselves to make you feel at home.
Looking forward to welcome you again at the Barcelo Casablanca.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Its an ok hotel. But Casablanca its the least interesting place in Morocco. we stayed here for to 1 and half days. staff is helpful, breakfast is good. I probably wont return to casa but if i do... i guess id stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelo-Maroc, General Manager at Barcelo Casablanca Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Customer

We wish to thank you for your time and comments.
Looking forward to welcome you again at the Barcelo Casablanca.

Barcelo Casablanca Hotel

Been to Barcelo Casablanca Hotel? Share your experiences!