“worst 4 star hotel I've ever stayed at” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Zenith Hotel & Spa

You added Le Zenith Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Le Zenith Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route d'El Jadida, angle 1077, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #52 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
“worst 4 star hotel I've ever stayed at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

i can't believe this place, first of all its really far from the main part of the city, extremly over priced, there is nothing around the hotel (not even other places to eat so you have to eat at the overpriced restaurant in the hotel) to use the indoor pool you have to pay extra 200 dirhams to swim for one hour, to use the fitness room you have to pay 200 extra dirhams for one hour, the shower curtain is not long enough so the bathroom gets soaked every time you shower, the staff is extremely rude and nobody speaks english, the free breakfast is terrible (diarrhea on the first day right after breakfast), the AC in the room barely works. I've traveled to many places throughout the world and i am 100% convinced this is the worst 4 star hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Enfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

it was very difficult making the booking, so many negative comments some quiet worrying.
but I kept the booking and went.
The staff at reception was helpful and patient and they needed to has we had confused date and numbers of rooms so had to clear it all. The staff at the restaurant need more training way of serving
The rooms, I was on the 4th floor the bed was good all looking clean wifi was working perfect and strong signal, the negative the bathroom, it was clean towels changed daily but the mould on the wall was not very attractive and the smell could be unpleasant
The restaurant, avoid waist of time breakfast poor but with a big P menu for diner? sad you would be expecting some local dish and even the only 1 on the menu is horrible.
The club yes their is one and i would strongly advise to take a room on 4th or 5 floor if you don't want to be bother by the music
the location, will need a car as you are quiet far from centre but no parking space so be prepare to park hard way

Room Tip: get the top 2 floors away from the road or you will have the club at night until 3am and the klaxon...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

had to change room four times; first due to position above a disco that carried on till 5am, second due to electricity not working, third time I was locked in room, unable to exit!
On our last night, I was woken up at 2.30am with an acrid smell, opened door to hallway and the room was flooded with smoke. The fire alarms were not on and no staff were around advising people to leave as the hotel was on fire!!!
Once the fire was out, the staff were almost aggresive in their pursuit to get people back in the hotel despite the acrid smell of fire. talking to the fire service who turned up - they said the hotel had received a warning two months previously about an inoperative fire alarm system! They took no action. Obviously will not stay here ever and would not recommnd anyone else does... beds were like stone and bathroom was filthy and in very poor condition. (in all rooms I stayed in).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Telford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for four night with two companions on a business trip, there was nothing good about this hotel all our rooms were dull and dreary, the shower curtain was missing and the rail was hanging off the ceiling, light fittings broken and the air conditioning did not work, the food was of a very poor standard and the internet never worked, was told it was a global problem.
I do not recommend anybody to stay here, we had no choice as my customer arranged and paid otherwise we would have changed hotels

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We (3 friends in a triple room) stayed here for one night before flying out of Casablanca. Here is the breakdown of our horrible experience at this awful hotel:

Staff: unfriendly, rude, unhelpful, obviously not trained in hospitality or service.

Room: air-conditioning was not working so the room was too hot, we tried opening the balcony windows but it was way too noisy from the cars on the highway outside. The bed linens stank and clearly had not been washed. There was a cigarette burn in one of the bed covers. The furniture was chipped. The room lighting was so weak at night we could barely see anything while we were packing. The mini-bar fridge was empty, dirty and broken and the shower curtain had mould on the edges. The most disgusting room I have ever seen in a 4 star hotel. I’ve stayed in 2- and 3-star hotels that had rooms much cleaner and more comfortable than this.

Breakfast: eggs were under-cooked and the sausages were raw, orange juice was not fresh and was clearly from a cheap concentrate, buffet plates were dirty with grease stains, quite possibly the worst hotel breakfast ever.

Cost of the airport shuttle: 300 dirhams per person!!! You're better off staying at a much nicer hotel in the town center and negotiating with a grande taxi for 150 dirhams per person.

Location: in the middle of a highway with no access to any public transport and very few taxis drive by.

Baggage handling: We were leaving our room at 6 am and when I asked for the bellboy to come and collect our luggage I was told, very rudely, by reception that there was no bellboy working during that time and I would have to deal with the luggage myself!

Wi-Fi: It is not available at all in the rooms- only in the hotel lobby. You can get a cable from reception to connect to your laptop if you want Internet in your room but there is a catch: the cable does not work (and anyways it’s less than a meter long so you would have to sit on the dirty carpet next to the cable point in the wall).

Star rating: this is NOT a 4 star hotel- the rating is clearly a lie- this is more like a 1 star hotel.

Money exchange: We asked if we could exchange our US dollars at the hotel for Moroccan dirhams- they offered us an exchange rate reduced by 150 dirhams from the going rate! And when we asked why they very rudely said because it is ‘hotel policy’. Ha! A few days ago we stayed at the Ibis hotel in Fes and they had no such policy and very politely exchanged our money at the correct rate. Either the staff at Le Zenith just cannot be bothered to deal with their customers or the hotel is seeking to make money from anything, seeing as they are clearly not profiting as hotel service.

The hotel was very empty when we stayed. Having stayed there myself I can see why. Please do NOT stay here. The 4 star rating is completely inaccurate- this place should be downgraded to 1 star or completely shut down and taken over by new management and staff.

Fellow travelers, you are better off spending your hard-earned holiday money somewhere cleaner, friendlier and more efficient.

Room Tip: Please do NOT stay here, it is awful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wermelskirchen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was being decorated while I stopped there for 3 nights. The restaurant service was none existent, was sat at my table for 15 mins with staff only "looking" over to me, asked for a menu & drink only to be waiting for another 10 minutes so decided to go to my room and get room service, which only took 10 minutes????
I was on business and I was travelling out of Casablanca so the location was good for me but if you wanted to go into Casablanca this is not a good hotel as you need to get a taxi who WILL try to charge you over the odds. Breakfast not so good with no water only poor tasting coffee & fruit juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This honestly has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. Rooms were dirty, staff spoke little English and are very rude and we found a dead rat outside our room. This place is not 4 star like it claims. The food was disgusting but most of all the staff just didnt care about you. Also it is no where near the airport like it claims. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Le Zenith Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!