“Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Zenith Hotel & Spa

You added Le Zenith Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Le Zenith Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route d'El Jadida, angle 1077, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #52 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Telford, United Kingdom
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for four night with two companions on a business trip, there was nothing good about this hotel all our rooms were dull and dreary, the shower curtain was missing and the rail was hanging off the ceiling, light fittings broken and the air conditioning did not work, the food was of a very poor standard and the internet never worked, was told it was a global problem.
I do not recommend anybody to stay here, we had no choice as my customer arranged and paid otherwise we would have changed hotels

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We (3 friends in a triple room) stayed here for one night before flying out of Casablanca. Here is the breakdown of our horrible experience at this awful hotel:

Staff: unfriendly, rude, unhelpful, obviously not trained in hospitality or service.

Room: air-conditioning was not working so the room was too hot, we tried opening the balcony windows but it was way too noisy from the cars on the highway outside. The bed linens stank and clearly had not been washed. There was a cigarette burn in one of the bed covers. The furniture was chipped. The room lighting was so weak at night we could barely see anything while we were packing. The mini-bar fridge was empty, dirty and broken and the shower curtain had mould on the edges. The most disgusting room I have ever seen in a 4 star hotel. I’ve stayed in 2- and 3-star hotels that had rooms much cleaner and more comfortable than this.

Breakfast: eggs were under-cooked and the sausages were raw, orange juice was not fresh and was clearly from a cheap concentrate, buffet plates were dirty with grease stains, quite possibly the worst hotel breakfast ever.

Cost of the airport shuttle: 300 dirhams per person!!! You're better off staying at a much nicer hotel in the town center and negotiating with a grande taxi for 150 dirhams per person.

Location: in the middle of a highway with no access to any public transport and very few taxis drive by.

Baggage handling: We were leaving our room at 6 am and when I asked for the bellboy to come and collect our luggage I was told, very rudely, by reception that there was no bellboy working during that time and I would have to deal with the luggage myself!

Wi-Fi: It is not available at all in the rooms- only in the hotel lobby. You can get a cable from reception to connect to your laptop if you want Internet in your room but there is a catch: the cable does not work (and anyways it’s less than a meter long so you would have to sit on the dirty carpet next to the cable point in the wall).

Star rating: this is NOT a 4 star hotel- the rating is clearly a lie- this is more like a 1 star hotel.

Money exchange: We asked if we could exchange our US dollars at the hotel for Moroccan dirhams- they offered us an exchange rate reduced by 150 dirhams from the going rate! And when we asked why they very rudely said because it is ‘hotel policy’. Ha! A few days ago we stayed at the Ibis hotel in Fes and they had no such policy and very politely exchanged our money at the correct rate. Either the staff at Le Zenith just cannot be bothered to deal with their customers or the hotel is seeking to make money from anything, seeing as they are clearly not profiting as hotel service.

The hotel was very empty when we stayed. Having stayed there myself I can see why. Please do NOT stay here. The 4 star rating is completely inaccurate- this place should be downgraded to 1 star or completely shut down and taken over by new management and staff.

Fellow travelers, you are better off spending your hard-earned holiday money somewhere cleaner, friendlier and more efficient.

Room Tip: Please do NOT stay here, it is awful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wermelskirchen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was being decorated while I stopped there for 3 nights. The restaurant service was none existent, was sat at my table for 15 mins with staff only "looking" over to me, asked for a menu & drink only to be waiting for another 10 minutes so decided to go to my room and get room service, which only took 10 minutes????
I was on business and I was travelling out of Casablanca so the location was good for me but if you wanted to go into Casablanca this is not a good hotel as you need to get a taxi who WILL try to charge you over the odds. Breakfast not so good with no water only poor tasting coffee & fruit juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This honestly has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. Rooms were dirty, staff spoke little English and are very rude and we found a dead rat outside our room. This place is not 4 star like it claims. The food was disgusting but most of all the staff just didnt care about you. Also it is no where near the airport like it claims. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks at hotel le zenith , overall the rooms where very comfortable, kept immaculate - had no problems with the finish of the bathroom bedrooms very nicely presented. The breakfast was fabulous with a fair amount of variety - the full English was not on the list unfortunately but we were in moroccO so that was fine. The waiting staff where lovely, the evening meals where a bit bland and boring if I am honest but barable and palatable. The location of this hotel is best if you are on business or visiting the technical college across the road it is about 15 minutes away from centre of Casablanca. The bar area was nice and lively in the evening, the spa was very relaxing - clean, serviceable, if a little bit expensive. All in all the hotel is decent like I say it's clean and well presented, if you are staying longer than a week find some resturaunts in Casablanca the evening meal menu got boring after a while !

The staff were very friendly and the car park man was lovely ! You can't knock the service at hotel le zenaith

• Stayed February 2012
Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The Zenith. Where to start? This place was supposed to be close to the airport... nobody’s fault but mine: it isn’t, and they could give a rat’s rear how you get there from the airport. When the person I called there told me that I should talk to the cabby and try to negotiate a good price I should have known what was in store. Mind you, it was 2am, nearly no one at the airport spoke anything other than Arabic and French and there was a very thick hustle to get these dumb Americans in my cab situation going on as soon as we stepped out into the night air. Looking back, I could have simply been more trusting, but at the time the only word for the whole fiasco would be scary.

No data plan in Morocco! I could have sworn when I called ATT before leaving the states I told the agent we’d be spending time there also, he didn’t mention there’d be no service in Morocco (or to be fair, only $20/MB service).

There was no cute little tourist stand in the Casablanca airport... no maps or hints about transportation.

So we waited for a cab for 200Dh instead of 250Dh (the currency out there is about 10 to 1 for the US Dollar) and drove off into the night in the dark. In the total dark.

We finally got to our destination and what was scary about the cabby (and an old man that rode with us... his other fare) melted into what was just different.

When we got into the Zenith what was kindness melted into what is inept. Smiles and sorry’s alone aren’t service at 2am when your room has been paid for via Orbitz and you’re dying for sleep and one of you is coming down with a nasty cold. “Okay fine, charge me again, just give me a room key already!” Be careful what you ask for. We got the nastiest room... I wonder if it was their worst. Visibly dirty sheets (stuff on the edges)... towels that have apparently never seen bleach, warm thick cigarette smoke stained air. Worse outside the window, nothing but concrete and air-conditioner fans. A hatch with hand prints and no lock above the toilet. A shower that drains a puddle out onto the floor. Lights and AC that only come on when you put the room key into a slot on the wall (which would have been fine if they’d told us that at the front desk). Lamps in the room that don’t work because they have nowhere to plug in. Dark hallways that light up via motion sensor 3 feet in front of you, to illuminate stained carpet and walls. One of two elevators busted. Roaches in the Lobby. Don’t bother calling the lobby for anything. I prayed against bedbugs... might have slept in clothes too... can’t remember.

There was a continental breakfast (essential because the Zenith is in the middle of no where)... the soup and pan au chocolate made it work for me.... everything else was highly questionable.

Word of advice: Skip Casablanca. Everyone knows you don’t want to vacation there, but what I’m saying is SKIP it... don’t even fly into Casablaca. Both Fez and Marrakech have airports. And unless you’ve done something wrong and wish to punish yourself, don’t visit the Zenith.

Room Tip: Perhaps have a look at a few rooms before settling.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Verona, Veneto, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel is very nice, good position, even if is on a main street, so the traffic is very busy.
service is good, restorant is very good, the room is big and also the bed, especially the double bed. internet is available in the room only with cable connection.
taxi is available almost always, but better to ask reception to call one if you need...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Le Zenith Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!