“Luxury is a Lie, Rooms are a joke, Customer Service is Questionable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Rue Bouhtouri, Quartier Gauthier, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #14 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
New York, NY
“Luxury is a Lie, Rooms are a joke, Customer Service is Questionable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My friend and I booked Le Trianon for the last night of our stay in Morocco, thinking we'd splurge and go somewhere a bit decadent. Many reviews on this site swayed us that way. We booked the suite through a third party site but when we arrived. After confirming on-site that they had our reservation (which was an odyssey in and of itself), we left some luggaget there for our return to Casablanca. When we did return, they gave our suite to the person in front of us who had no reservation at the time and then put us in a room that can only be described as NOT a suite.

It was one of their bigger rooms, but the term bigger is misleading. That means you had 3 feet of space between the bed and the television instead of just one foot of room between them. And it meant you had a "couch" in the most ridiculously pointless place in the room.

After much complaining, the front desk continued to insist we didn't have a suite, just a double room (remember, they confirmed the suite several days earlier) and said that instead, they'd give us each our own room.

And here was where it got super fun. We realized this was the best we were going to get and requested two specific rooms that they had already offered us. But instead, they gave us two completely different rooms and had us go up there even though THE ROOMS HADN'T BEEN MADE UP YET. When they were finally actually "ready" the rooms had no towels, no soap, a shower that didn't drain and no room to put your luggage. My room in particular had damaged and stained walls. This was not the luxury we were expecting.

We complained and the best the hotel was willing to do was give us a $50 credit towards a future stay and some free spa services. I mentioned that I live in the USA and that coming to Morocco is not a regular occurrence, but their excuse was not being able to transfer funds outside of Morocco. Riiiiiiiight.

I would definitely NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 405. Stains everywhere. Most rooms are teeny tiny. Rooms with "extra space&qu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First of all I would like to say that the staff was great during my stay,
The hotel is well decorated with a good vibe.

The basic room is quite small, with a nice bathroom, but little space for luggage.

I would going for a 4 star rating until I found no towels on the second day. Weird stuff!!!

Anyway breakfast is good, on a la carte basis (anyway I'm not to demanding during breakfast - bread and cheese with coffee and milk plus an orange juice is my thing).

Room Tip: Don't go for the basic room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Praia, Cape Verde
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

First of all I would like to point out that the staff was both very nice and helpful.
Secondly the breakfast was good.
Location ok, with a lot of cafes, restaurant (high quality) and shops. The noice level at night was resonable.
I only give three marks because of the room. It was simply too small, especially when the hotel is called a luxury hotel. Not that size allways matters, but there was no there was no desk and chair making it impossible to sit and work with the compter. I have been in smaller hotel rooms, all managed have a small workspace. The hotel did have other places that could substitute, e.g. A big lounge.

The shower cabins are very small. I managed to switch of the water (accidential) a few times while taking a shower. On top of that, there are no place to put your soap or shampoo..... And finally it was leaking when taking a shower.

The madrass was a bit hard for my taste.

The mini bar was empty - and not filled. There was only one bottle of water the first day.

I had several powercuts in my room. Apearently, it was only in my room as there was light and music in the corridor. It should be said that it was fixed when I reported it in the reception.

The same buddha bar record was played in the reception and in the corridor - day in and day out. A bit tirering.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friend and I booked the suite at the Trianon - after all the recommendations from folks online - in order to have a nice little splurge (as well as room to repack our bags after two weeks away) on our last night in Morocco. We had stopped by the hotel on Sunday June 1st, to leave one suitcase, and confirmed our reservation for the suite the next Friday. They didn't have any record of our reservation - which was troubling - but he took a photocopy of my hotels.com confirmation that stated all the details and I confirmed we had already been charged for the suite on my credit card. Friday June 6th, we returned to Casablanca and the Trianon. There was a man at the reservation desk in front of me and I overheard the desk clerk (who had taken my confirmation info the week before) say "We will put you in the suite." So I spoke up and said that I had already reserved the suite and - again - provided my confirmation page clearly showing the clearly identified suite. To which I received the response "no problem ma'am." But alas, there was a problem, because then he tried to shove us into a tiny room. Which then began an hour-long, run around the hotel to find a decent room which was fruitless. They ended up giving us two separate rooms, which were disgusting. In fact, my room had not been cleaned when I was given the key. Once it was cleaned - there were no towels, soap or bottled water (important in a country where travelers shouldn't use tap to brush their teeth, also it was stated as included). The shower didn't drain - i kept checking and it took over 20 minutes to drain the water from a 5 minute shower. My friend's room had mold and filthy wall coverings. The worst part was definitely the complete lack of interest on the part of the hotel staff however. After pointing out to them that we had paid $50 more for use of the suite, as opposed to a double bed room, he said "There is no problem with payment." Yeah, because you've already been paid $50 more for what you're now giving us, and gave away while we stood here and pointed out our prior reservation - TWICE. I cannot recommend staying away from the Trianon strongly enough. We were going to spend a nice afternoon at their hammam as well, but instead walked down the street to Kenzi Towers because we weren't giving the Trianon another cent.

Room Tip: no room at the Trianon is a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

After 10 days in the desert it was a place on another planet.

Small hotel with deigner attitude. The receiption welcomes you with a subtle flavour and very friendly staff.

The rooms are rather small but tastefully decorated. Negative point: the shower cabin is very small and does not have any holder to put the gel or shampoo. It does not have ventilation.

Breakfast in the restaurant is positively different from business hotels due to the personal service and relaxed attitude.

I did not use the spa but what I could see it is well worth a try.

Overall: a nice alternative to the usual hotel towers in Casablanca.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bled, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at hotel at the beginning of our trip to Morocco. And decided to find a bit more luxury hotel for good price/value.

Hotel is located in the heart of new part of town and withing walking distance to sightseeing locations, train station, markets, etc.
Although the hotel is in a small street / alley, is therefore more quiet as one would expected.

First night we stayed in a family room (traveling with a 5y child) and we went directly to sleep. The room was small for three people but tired, we went to bed. Soon we have seen that pigeons were gathering on air-con just outside our room (1st floor) window (overlooking into inner courtyard). We were annoyed and at the reception, we complained a new room in fifth floor. This room was much more spacious and more luxury. The room had mini bar, fridge, coffee machine and bathtub.

Food in restaurant was fine, even though the restaurant is relatively tiny and located near the entrance to the hotel. We had breakfasts, served at the table with good omelets, orange juice and all the local delicates.

Staff at the reception was friendly and helpful, staff at the restaurant were also very friendly. We made additional contacts, because everyone wanted to talk to out child :-)

Spa and sauna at the hotel is located in the basement. Sauna had strange smell, so I changed my mind in last minute.

Would I stay in this hotel again: Yes, If I stayed only for one night (not for three nights) and if I could get a room on 5th floor.

Otherwise great stay, lovely staff and great proximity to top sights and main streets (for getting a cab, catching a train, etc.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice small hotel and spa. Clean, friendly stuff and good breakfast. Very central location close to most places. A short drive to the landmark Mosque and near the city centre. There is a vibrant city scene with restaurants and some bars close by. The Spa in the premises is a pleasant surprise with room price including sauna and hamam. After our drive from the desert and through the mountains it was all we needed!

Pleasant, relaxing and good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
wail h, Directeur général at Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Mr Christos

We thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to Le Trianon luxury hotel & Spa.

We are delighted to learn that you have been seduced by our hotel located in the heart of Casablanca's life. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the comfort and the cleanliness in our home . Know that we will share your comments with our entire staff.

hope to see you again in le Trianon Luxury hotel & Spa

regards

Wail Hasoon

Been to Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!