“Get Me Outta Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Le Lido Thalasso & Spa

You added Casablanca Le Lido Thalasso & Spa to your Saves list
Casablanca Le Lido Thalasso & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard La Corniche | Ain Diab, Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #50 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Jiangyin, China
“Get Me Outta Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I can deal with an older, run-down property--no problem. It's the fact that the staff here just don't give a crap about anything, that's the kicker. They're downright rude and even MEAN. I'm staying here as I write this, for two nights, and due to check out tomorrow. Read the reviews, and don't be seduced by the pretty pool pictures, like I was. Seriously. Because other than the pretty pool, and the comfy bed, everything here sucks.

Maintenance and housekeeping issues that could have been dealt with, no grudges, but weren't: A shower curtain, towels, toilet paper, working television, working lock on the main door, and working lock on the sliding door. Yet, it took four requests before anyone brought a shower curtain. Requests for towels were ignored. My husband went and stole toilet paper out of the lobby restroom to bring to the room. Television was never fixed or even looked at. A maintenance guy came and looked at the broken lock on the room door, couldn't fix it, shrugged, and left. Same with the broken lock on the sliding doors. Anyone can come into our room via these broken doors--it's unsafe, and I haven't ventured far from the room because I've been worried about theft (read earlier reviews by other posters for info on THAT).

And I'm not sure what the deal is with the bad attitude of the hotel staff. There's been like, ONE nice guy, who helped bring our bags in. Other than him, everyone has been evil to us. Even at breakfast, before I had one sip of coffee in my system, the cook was glaring at me and literally THREW my requested pancake at me, with her bare hands. Now, I don't know if you've ever had a pancake thrown at you before by an angry woman, but it's quite an unpleasant experience, in my book.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter to me that the place is a wicked dump--those issues can be fixed--but for criss sakes, smile at the guests once in awhile--it's called hospitality! I will never stay here again; even though we've two other nights booked at the tail end of our Morocco journey, we're cancelling them right now. I can't wait to leave here in the morning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Looked very nice on approach, on the Corniche on the sea front (mind you the traffic on the Corniche is mad!) but appearances can be deceptive. Seems to be a hotel with a combination of standard block of hotel rooms and an area of apartment like rooms round the swimming pool. It was hard to find our room as the signs with room numbers just didn't account for ours, but a lovely lady member of staff rescued us from our wanderings and apologised for her lack of English as she'd only just started lessons, but she got us there! Our room was OK but with a dreary outlook over a service road to a warehouse across. We stopped complaining when we discovered fellow travellers in our group in the "nicer" apartments had found cockroaches and others raw sewage coming up through plug holes. We suspect that as we were early season, the poolside rooms hadn't been sorted for the summer whereas the main hotel block rooms had more constant use as it was obvious from people there that they were used for conference delegates. Food was OK and staff tried to be helpful but there weren't that many of them. We never discovered the way on to the beach though we were told it was there. Think before booking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I agree with all the other reviewer.
Rude staff at reception dirty rooms, scruffy towels .The only plus is the location.
Please take this hotel off the web site.
This hotel is not wheelchair friendly .

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Staff are rude. Rooms are disgusting. Outside garden and pool area is beautiful. Stayed one night as our hotel had a private function and moved us to another hotel, did not sleep in the bed but on top. Room was not clean on arrival.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Moroco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have been there by me self the hotel location is very closed from Ocean but the room condition is very terrible and uncleaned at all I chocked when I arrived I don't recommend this hotel please see photo .it is very old facility and never renovated since long long time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We booked five rooms in this (supposedly) 4* hotel for myself and family members. When we checked-in we saw horrors for which you can see the pictures attached:
- meter-wide stains on the floor's carpet - you need shoes at all times in this room.
- chocolate pieces on the floor that had not been cleaned,
- a blood stain on the bed,
- paint cracking in the room
- paint cracking and flaking in the bathroom,
- a lot of mold in the bathrooms,
- one bathtub did not even have a shower curtain!
- rust on furniture and on air-conditioning unit.

I honestly think that this might be the most filthy hotel rooms I've ever seen. Everybody agreed we could not stay there. We spoke to the manager, we were shown other rooms that were just as bad, so we decided to leave and not stay a single night. Luckily, we found a replacement hotel next to this one that was a lot better.

The manager charged us one night for every room (five nights total) although we did *not* stay a single night in these filthy rooms. This is outrageous because clearly, the insanitary conditions made it impossible for us to stay there, and also mean that the hotel did not fulfill its contractual obligations towards us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

In Casablanca I usually stay at Casa Voyageurs Ibis at the station for a quick visit. This spring I
wanted a hotel with a pool and chose Le Lido Thalasso online, specially because there were both
inside and outside pools. On arriving to my room I noticed, that the french windows leading straight to the garden didn't lock . A man from Maintenance came over and fixed it and also
the roomsafe in the closet. There were no towels in the room and when they finally arrived they
were gray, once white. I was surprised to notice, that the inside pool belonged to the Spa and
the admission fee was high. The pool in the Garden was fine and I could swim in peace, as the
water was too cold for other guests. On leaving the hotel I found out that 300 euros where missing
from the cash I kept in the safe. I had long discussions with two persons at the reception and
finally the Hotel manager, who insisted that it was technically impossible for anybody else to to
to my safe. I didn't want to contact the police, as I would have had to stay on in Casablanca and
wouldn't still have gotten my money back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Casablanca Le Lido Thalasso & Spa? Share your experiences!