“Best choice and location in Casablanca” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best choice and location in Casablanca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In the center of Casablanca across from the Medina and old souk lies this attractive hotel.
You enter into a impressive lobby with striking floral arrangements and furnishings.The reception
is gracious and attentive.The rooms are well appointed though I felt a bit cramped. I had a late night snack downstairs in the lounge,sitting on plush cushions,sipping my first Moroccan tea , tasty squash soup with chicken on a bagel. Back upstairs to a sound sleep on a plush well appointed bed Pleasant dreams

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm a frequent traveller to these types of business hotels. From my physical look around its the nicest place to stay in Casa. That said it's not quite at the same standard as other properties, other's correctly noted a mix of very luxurious finishings and somewhat dated ones. Slept well on the 3rd floor facing the tram line, noise was within expectations (its very central and the old souk is close by). The staff were very helpful and worked to help us find a few innovative solutions to those little problems that occur first day in a new place. When in Casa again we will return for sure.

Be aware though, we didn't really find that Casablanca had much to offer tourists, and a day was very sufficent for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Lausanne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is the best hotel the city can offer, but lower your expectations when you go there. some parts are dated some are luxurious giving a mixed and uncomfortable feeling

On the good side, staff is friendly and tries to go the extra mile to meet your needs. The hotel location is in the center of everything and right in front of the new Metro line. Breakfast is okay, loved the fresh raspberry juice ;)

On the negative side,
-This hotel is not for claustrophobics!! The floors ceiling is 230cms high and feels even lower with the carpet floors and long coridors.
-Housekeeping needs to improve, the minibar and toiletries were not replaced for two consuquetive days.
-Nice big wall for the TV and get a tiny 30" screen installed on it, the hotel should go for bigger sized screens.
-Also on the TV, would be great to enjoy watching TV while relaxing on the nice Sofa, but, you cannot tilt the TV and you could only watch it while in bed. Come on guys, invest 10$ more and get a tilting wall-hanger.

Room Tip: go for high floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having said that, I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Casablanca, but the Hyatt lives up to its reputation. Rooms are both spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet offers a number of excellent options. Staff is extremely helpful and courteous. What more could a traveller ask for?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, February 13, 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel seems to have had a recent facelift. It has a modern decor. Nothing spectacular but quite nice overall. The room is decent sized and has all the stuff that you would expect from Hyatt. Really liked it that the temp in the room was turned up way high when I entered so did not have to spend the first hour freezing. The room overlooked the road with distant views of the sea/minarets. A check-in/check-out the staff was friendly. There was a confusion in my booking which they took care of very professionally. The hotel is pretty central, so was a relatively short rides to meetings through the crazy traffic in the city.

The highlight was the dinner. The food at the Moroccan restaurant was really nice. They have Moroccan musicians and belly-dancers. Not something I really enjoy but the others in the group seemed to have a good time. The food and ambience was nice. The fish that I ordered for lunch from room services was exceptional, they made it exactly the way I liked it. Not smothered in sauce. While I did not have the breafast, a colleague was raving about it

Room Tip: higher floors would be better otherwise the road noise might be a problem
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived late evening and the staff was friendly and efficient. Suggested room service since we were jet lagged and this was just what we needed. Beautiful king size bed and fabulous marble and granite bathroom with fully enclosed shower. The breakfast ( included ) was the best we had in Morocco...all kinds of eggs, soups, pastries, fruit, meats, cheeses, cereals and coffees. Do not miss a dinner at one of their restaurants...Cafe M. This small, but elegant room was a calm oasis in the bustle of Casablanca. Excellent wine list with many Moroccan wines ( try some of the Medallions ). The lobby lounge/bar is full of overstuffed chairs and sofas...perfect place for a pre or post dinner drink.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is this ourcropping of luxury in the middle of the chaos of Casablanca. While the traffic honks their horns outside, the hotel offers beautifully spaious rooms with separate showers and bath tubs. The room service is also delicious with local cuisine presented beautifull. Check in and out were easy and smmoth and all of the staff was friendly and helpful. I would higly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Been to Hyatt Regency Casablanca? Share your experiences!