“Great choice for Casablanca” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
Bahamas
“Great choice for Casablanca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having said that, I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Casablanca, but the Hyatt lives up to its reputation. Rooms are both spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet offers a number of excellent options. Staff is extremely helpful and courteous. What more could a traveller ask for?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, February 13, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel seems to have had a recent facelift. It has a modern decor. Nothing spectacular but quite nice overall. The room is decent sized and has all the stuff that you would expect from Hyatt. Really liked it that the temp in the room was turned up way high when I entered so did not have to spend the first hour freezing. The room overlooked the road with distant views of the sea/minarets. A check-in/check-out the staff was friendly. There was a confusion in my booking which they took care of very professionally. The hotel is pretty central, so was a relatively short rides to meetings through the crazy traffic in the city.

The highlight was the dinner. The food at the Moroccan restaurant was really nice. They have Moroccan musicians and belly-dancers. Not something I really enjoy but the others in the group seemed to have a good time. The food and ambience was nice. The fish that I ordered for lunch from room services was exceptional, they made it exactly the way I liked it. Not smothered in sauce. While I did not have the breafast, a colleague was raving about it

Room Tip: higher floors would be better otherwise the road noise might be a problem
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived late evening and the staff was friendly and efficient. Suggested room service since we were jet lagged and this was just what we needed. Beautiful king size bed and fabulous marble and granite bathroom with fully enclosed shower. The breakfast ( included ) was the best we had in Morocco...all kinds of eggs, soups, pastries, fruit, meats, cheeses, cereals and coffees. Do not miss a dinner at one of their restaurants...Cafe M. This small, but elegant room was a calm oasis in the bustle of Casablanca. Excellent wine list with many Moroccan wines ( try some of the Medallions ). The lobby lounge/bar is full of overstuffed chairs and sofas...perfect place for a pre or post dinner drink.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is this ourcropping of luxury in the middle of the chaos of Casablanca. While the traffic honks their horns outside, the hotel offers beautifully spaious rooms with separate showers and bath tubs. The room service is also delicious with local cuisine presented beautifull. Check in and out were easy and smmoth and all of the staff was friendly and helpful. I would higly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hyatt Regency has been the best place in our trip to Marrocco. The staff was extremely friendly and service was without any flaws. Also the food in the Marroccanian Restaurant was outstanding The staff was falling in love to our baby and all of our 5 person family had a great time and we wished to stay longer at this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are a family of four that stayed on the Regency Floor for a weekend.

Our welcome into the hotel during check in and room orientation was extremely personal and detailed. During check-in, the Guest Services Manager came to introduce himself and explained that they had set up an extra bed in our room in anticipation of our arrival with our two small boys. He provided his card and asked that we call him if it was not sufficient. The gentleman that escorted us to our room provided a clear, personal and detailed room orientation. Our guest room was located on the 8th floor (Regency Floor). We found the room to be clean, sleek and a with a view of Hassan II Mosque. The extra bed was exactly what we needed for our boys and it fit fine in the room.

Breakfast was enjoyed in the Regency Club. The buffet included hard boiled eggs, a selection of cheeses, fresh squeezed juices (raspberry, tomato, orange and lemon), pastries and breads, yogurts, fresh fruits and berries, coffee, cappuccinos, tea and your choice of fried eggs, omelets or scrambled eggs are made to order. The staff was extremly engaging and helpful with our small boys.

The location seems prime for the downtown business traveler. Parking is easy and can be handled with valet or self-parking. If you choose valet, you still gain control of the keys.

Two items that we think can be improved upon are the drive up arrival and driving directions to area attractions. Point 1: Upon arrival to the hotel you will notice security barriers that do not allow cars to access the porte de cochere. The men outside during our arrival did not do a very good job explaining how parking of the car would be handled. A small explanation upon arrival that cars are unloaded and then parked with keys being returned to you during check in would be welcome. Point 2: We decided to visit the Rabat Zoo during our stay and requested directions to the Zoo from the Concierge over the phone prior to our departure. The Concierge asked us to stop by on our way out so that he could provide us with a map and directions. The map was a large over view of Casablanca and Rabat with the necessary details unclear. The verbal directions to get to the highway seemed clear enough in person, but once we were in our car we noticed that they made no sense what so ever. What was even worse was that he told us that once we get to Rabat we should go to a hotel to get directions to the Zoo. Poor directions seem to be the norm in Morocco, but I hope that improvements can be made in this area.

Each staff member we encountered was smiling, friendly, warm, welcoming and attentive. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Regency Floor provides complimentary breakfast buffet, evening cocktail and hors d'oeurves and c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

kansas/wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My daughter and I treated ourselves to brunch at the Hyatt's restaurant after attending services at St. John, a nearby Episcopalian chapel hidden among palm trees at the far side of the hotel's parking lot. (If you do want to visit the church grounds and you ask for directions, the locals will tell you, "There's no church there, it's only a cemetery." But persevere! There are many gravestones among the greenery but there is also a building which only holds about 60 people.) Back to the lunch: we were the first to come to brunch and the maitre d', even tho' he knew we were not hotel guests, treated us with highest regard. The food offered was breakfast, lunch and dinner fare, nothing was missing, everything tasted super. I wished for an endless capacity. A crepe and waffle bar and bottomless cups of cafe con leche were available. I could hardly find any fresh vegetable salads that didn't include thinly sliced salmon (lox? not my favorite) but finally found fishless salad ingredients at one corner of the bread table. By the time we left, the place was filling up, inside and outside, with singles, couples and families--some with small children who served themselves off the edges of the salad table with somewhat more abandon than I thought healthful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Been to Hyatt Regency Casablanca? Share your experiences!