“A much needed shot of the US” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 67 hotels in Casablanca
Arizona
“A much needed shot of the US”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here our last night in Morocco. I thought perhaps we should book another riad but decided to book the Hyatt instead because of location. Are we glad we did! After 8 night in Morocco we needed a shot of westernization and this provided it beautifully.

The rooms were air conditioned, the beds were so comfortable, the linens very nice and the staff was superbly helpful.

We had lunch and breakfast there and food, service and ambiance were great.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide better views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, December 19, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The staff are friendly but sometimes a bit distracted. The food was ok but better can be found elsewhere along the beach with 2kms. The bar is not very accommodating and closes at 11pm after which you can only order room service. However, a lovely location, super surfing beach behind and nice swimming pool also.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - excellent surfing beach
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My first visit to Casablanca and I decide to stay in Hyatt as the brand name is valuable but I was surprised
With service they provide to their guest the hotel doesn’t look hyatt at all.
• In my 2nd night 08Dec there was electricity shut down in the night and I try to reach call center with no answer from their side
• Again there was electricity shut down on 10th Dec day time with no any apologize letter from Hotel Management
• On 10th Dec I went to have lunch at the restaurant they have and they said we are sorry only a la carte menu no Buffet I was shocked as I know many hotels doing the a la carte menu for lunch during the low season only but in hyatt here they do it even if the run high occupancy as per their staff when the replay to a walk in guest we are sorry no rooms available.
• On 9th Dec I request to have hotel car to drop me to a restaurant in the night but the answer was we don’t have this service at night and you have to use city taxi.
• Breakfast buffet it is the same daily limited and no new choice
• On9th Dec I went to have breakfast and I ask the chef to make an omelet with chess and green paper when they serve the dish there was onion and no green paper and I did not ate the omelet the waiter came and took the plate without asking if I finish or no our if there’s smoothing wrong with the plate
• I have being traveling last two weeks to Istanbul and Cairo and I was enjoying to stay at the hotels there but in Casa I was disappointed
• The staff here is friendly in one Case (TIPS) if you pay tips you will treat as VIP if you didn’t they will look to you and walk without any word
• If you will be back to Casa in the future I will never stay there and I don’t recommend this hotel at all
• Paying high rate with service provide is not fare at all comparing to other Hyatt hotels
• To be fare I meet a lady in the Elevator when there was shut down and she said it is from city and it happened in the area around the hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, December 13, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent location close enough to some of Casablanca best attractions, yet outside the gruesome old Casablanca area. Definitely one of the best breakfast menus you can hope to get in Morocco. Generously sized rooms with a comfortable desk and fast Wi-Fi internet connection. Spacious walk-in shower, well-sized bathtub and high quality bathroom accessories.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, November 27, 2012

Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

At the end of our Moroccan trip we stayed one night in this hotel in October 2012. Check-in was smooth and we did not wait too long. Our room was clean and spacious; bathroom is large. However, the toilet was at another location and there is no washbasin in there so we had to go to the bathroom to wash hands, that was a bit awkward. We had a queen size bed and bed was firm, bed linen, towels were clean. The sleep quality in that room was good, did not hear any noises at night.

After changed some money at the front desk, we went out to the Old Medina, which is at the other side of street, only 5 minutes away. We arrived late that night and only strolled around a little bit in the market. The continental buffet style breakfast next morning was good and the dinning area was pretty.

After checking out, the front desk helped us to call a taxi and we asked for how much we should pay to go to the Casablanca Mohammed V Airport, the lady told us a number and also told us not to pay over this fare. It was true, the taxi driver tried to ask for more, but we refused to pay extra. Not because our taxi driver was rude, but I think it is habit they all try to get more money from foreign tourists. By the way, Casablanca Mohammed V Airport is located 30 km from the hotel. Under the normal condition, it is only takes about 25 minutes to get there from the hotel. Nevertheless, my advice is to take extra time to go to the airport since the traffic is quite chaotic in that city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a review from an unabashed fan of Hyatt -- I travel a lot for work, stay at Hyatts around the world, Diamond on the rewards scale, love the brand. The Hyatt Regency Casablanca has the worst service of any Hyatt I have stayed at worldwide. I stayed here for two nights on business this past summer. First night, arrived at 10 PM. No one in line for reservations, was asked to wait 20 minutes for unclear reasons for check-in. Was essentially fluffed off by the woman at the counter when I asked for separate twins (as I had requested by telephone 3 days prior, and advised them of the late check-in). Was told that there were rooms with separate beds, but I had not requested them previously, and hence they could not place me in one. Not sure what that was about, but I asked to speak to a manager, was told there wasn't one on duty. It soured by entire experience.

There was no help the second day when I asked to change rooms. Was told that there were no rooms, when this was clearly not the case.

There really isn't anywhere else nice to stay in Casablanca if you like big hotels, so unfortunately this is the choice you have. The rooms themselves were ok (avg for Hyatt), bathrooms larger than expected, AC worked, the hotel looks fantastic, hence the 2 as opposed to a 1 which they deserve on the basis of service.

I expect that the manager will reply to this negative review below, so I would make the following recommendations:

1. Many people have complained about your service. Do something tangible about it -- i.e. have a training session about expectations, remove employees that don't meet standards. Don't just apologize here and do nothing in reality.

2. Some people stay at your hotel because of brand loyalty, and quite honestly should be rewarded for it. Please go out of your way for these individuals and indicate in your reply how you intend to do so, beyond what Hyatt requests that you do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your confidence in regards to the hotel.

I would like to assure you that we have taken good note of your remarks and we realize that there are certain areas in which we still have to make efforts and the necessary follow-up are on going in order to improve the quality of our services.

I thank you once more for having chosen to stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Casablanca for business and received a room overlooking the city, which was good. The hotel facilities were not matching its price and I didn't receive any Platinum member services during my stay. The bathrooms were not properly cleaned and only received minimal care. The food variety for breakfast was also not sufficient at all. All was fine until I spotted flying insects roaming around the food at the buffet and a cockroach by the piano which is located right outside the dining area. I asked to have the food removed and changed, which actually happened. My problem was that this was the norm there at the restaurant every day. However, I have to say that the staff at the restaurant are very nice.
This is my second time in Casa and I was hoping to get something better than my earlier stay at Le Meridien which unfortunately didn't happen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

I remain,

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Been to Hyatt Regency Casablanca? Share your experiences!