“Wonderful Elegant Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Royal Mansour Meridien

Save Saved
You added Le Royal Mansour Meridien to your Saves list
Le Royal Mansour Meridien
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27, Avenue de l'Armee Royale, Casablanca 21000, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Casablanca
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful Elegant Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent one night in this lovely colonial hotel on our way home from a week in Marrakech. The staff are warm and welcoming and the service was excellent. The room is spacious and well maintained but the bathrooms are a bit dated and could do with a revamp, but were spotless. The only negative comment would be in regard to the Club room which is meant to provide refreshments to SPG members who stay on the club floor. My husband and I went in the morning for a coffee and tea, the room was unattended even though it serves a light breakfast and when we called for assistance the person who arrived did not know how the machines worked and had to go downstairs for the refreshments, which then arrived luke warm! other than that I would recommend this lovely hotel if you are spending a night in Casablanca

Room Tip: Book a Club room as the wifi is then included in the option.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Anniek2015,

Thank you for taking the time to post this "Wonderful Elegant Hotel” titled review about our hotel, and for being a member of our Starwood Preferred Guest program. I appreciate your kind praise towards our hotel staff, Service and rooms.

While I am pleased with your kind comments, I regret to learn that your experience at our Club Lounge have fallen short of standards. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management for the purpose of making the improvements needed.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be, and get the missing fifth star in your rating. Please, let us know when in Casablanca again.

said.mahrous@lemeridien.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this Starwood property for one night.The hotel was old but the rooms were stylishly decorated, equipped with a unique colonial, European charm with an exotic touch. The bathrooms were adorned with Moroccan ceramic tiles and looked fabulous. Throughout the hotel the decoration was old but nevertheless very gorgeous. The breakfast served at Le Royal Grill restaurant is beyond excellent. However, throughout the rest of the day the restaurant is pretty much empty. The Moroccan restaurant was closed because it was during the weekend, but the interior looked amazing on photo. I stayed on the Club Floor but the Lounge was very small and the staff was usually absent and there was little food served. Also tried the Hammam, it was a mesmerizing experience. The hotel is very close to the city center - places such as the old medina and the Place des Nations Unies, and from the top of the hotel you can catch a nice view of Hassan II Mosque and the rest of the city. Some facilities and decor needed to be upgraded but it is still a good hotel, and I will stay here again next time when I visit Morocco.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side, top floor have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Starwoodhotels, and for taking the time to post such a nice review about Le Royal Mansour Meridien. We appreciate your kind praise towards our hotel's authentic style and decoration, as well as the location, the SPA, and the Breakfast selections offered.

While we feel pleased with your kind comments, we regret to learn that your visit to our club lounge had fallen short of standards. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management for the purpose of making the improvements needed.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would contact me for your next stay, and give us the chance to make the upcoming exeperience as best as it can be, and get the fifth star that we have missed in this review.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed on a trip recently. It is and older hotel with some lovely features nice high ceilings,lots of decent storage in the rooms.The bathrooms are on the older side but everything worked perfectly. Air conditioning was very reliable good supplies of hot water. Efficient staff the housekeepers were lovely friendly with lots of smiles,so were the rest of the staff. Good selection of breakfast items hot and cold,some delicious pastries! Yes a good visit. I have only stayed in this hotel so far in Casa so have nothing to compare it with. The only downside i suppose is no swimming pool but there is a nice fitness/beauty centre on the 9th floor,and pools at Sheraton and Sofitel nearby which they will allow you to use for about 350 DH. Casablanca is more a business destination rather than a tourist destination so need to bear this in mind when choosing hotels

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter there was a wedding on but it did not disturb us on the 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth D,

Thank you for sparing some time out to leave your impression’s on Le Royal Mansour Meridien Hotel experience following your recent stay.

We are glad to read that you had a nice time and found every aspect of your stay to be as lovely and perfect, including all amenities provided and smiling and helpful staff all around.

We wish you a pleasant time and look forward to welcoming you back to gain the missing fifth star that will allow us to get back to the top Casablanca hotels as rated per Tripadvisor!

Kind Regards,

Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and loved it. The room was large, with hardwood floors, a/c worked perfectly, lots of storage and a great city view onto the Hassan 2 Mosque. The bathroom is an old style but very clean and well maintained for its age. It as well is quite large and spacious.

The hotel provides an iron and ironing board for guests (we usually dont get one outside of north america). Another little perk I enjoyed was a north american plug available for your laptop, it worked fine to charge my tablet and camera. I like firm beds, it was medium but very comfortable.
In your room you will find a voucher for a free coffee in the morning (cappuccino, black coffee or cafe au lait).

The doormen are VERY nice, polite and helpful at all times as well as reception and the concierge (Said). I had a little problem with the iron and someone was sent to my room immediately to deal with it and my dress, which had a yellow stain on it due to the iron. My dress was cleaned and returned promptly to my room. A new iron was also brought up to me in no time. All staff you cross paths with are polite and always say hello and it doesn't sound fake or forced.

Thank you to all the staff for making our short stay a pleasant one, next time we are in Casablanca we will return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

We know we can't thank you enough for such a lovely and motivating review!

We are very grateful for your energizing feedback and your kind words about our hotel, rooms, and team. We can see the Iron Lady treated you well and we are glad you were charmed!

Every member of our team, including Said our concierge, was sincerely touched by your comments regarding their hospitality, and they all say "THANK YOU".

We would love to welcome you again at Le Royal Mansour Meridien next time your plans bring you to Casablanca.

With kind regards

Cairo Governorate, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed at the hotel for 3 nights this week and i had a bad start as the key card generator didn't work so they opened my room first using the master key card, also i had problems signing on to wifi till they sent me an IT representative
The hotel decoration needs to be upgraded as its old
Also the colors of the bathroom tends to be yellowish which affects the mood of the guest
The housekeeping talks too much with the guest , at first you feel that they are welcoming you but then you get the feeling that they are asking for a tip
The only positive remark in this hotel is the breakfast (specially Amin who is really friendly and helpful)

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Lotfy,

First of all I want to thank you for taking your time to inform us of your recent experience at Le Royal Mansour Meridien Hotel, and present you our sincere apologies for the key card system failure that occurred at the time of your arrival, as well as for internet login procedure and housekeeping staff attitude that you described.

Unfortunately, these incidents do not reflect our quality of service and the standards that we provide normally to our clients and for sure does not reflect the Moroccan Hospitality.

We find these situations unacceptable and we are particularly and certainly concerned. Therefore, we will look after them and guarantee that such situations do not happen again.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, and We will do all necessary efforts to anticipate your needs and give you a complete satisfaction.

Sincerely yours

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

the hotel was serviceable and it is in a good spot if you want to be right in the middle of a big, quite grimy city. The view from our room was of the backstreet and back of other hotels, no balcony (but then I didn't see any balconies on hotels in Casa itself). Staff were variable. Amin in the breakfast service was just delightful and a real asset to the hotel. Reception staff were generally ok but only one was actually helpful - suggesting when we should and shouldn't go out etc. I didn't take his name down but he was the dark skinned man. He was very helpful. Rooms were a bit tired.

We cut our stay short and opted for a hotel on the Corniche for the rest of the trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Hazel K,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Royal Mansour meridien, and for your positive review of our hotel location and services provided.

Our staff strive each day to provide great service to our valued guests, and we are very proud of each and every one of them, and it is pleasing to read such encouraging reviews.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Casablanca, and we want you to know that we truly appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Le Royal Mansour Meridien Casablanca, Maroc during July 2014 for a week. The desk check in staff, concerige and house cleaning employees were excellent. They attended to my every need even my special requests. The executive chef came to visit my table and took time to serve me. My meal was superb. If I thought it appropriate, I'd love to mention names of those who helped me to have a pleasant stay. A day never went by without a staff member greeting me to see what they could do for me. When my e-device needed attention, someone was their to help me - no charge. The lobby, dining area and my room were clean and comfortable. Lobby and room decor were well done. Le Royal Meridien is at the top of my lists for a place to stay. I've stayed in hotels in Greece, Lebanon, U S A, Thailand, France, etc.. If you're looking for a convenient location, great staff, pleasant room and lots of personal attention Le Royal Mansour Meridien fits the profile. The hotel is a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest group. SPG and Meridien are careful who they partner with, since it reflects on their brand and image. Being part of SPG and Meridien are other positive points. Before I arrived, I made special requests. All of them were met with an A+ grade. I teach hospitality and tourism students, thus I look for things that put a hotel on the top. Le Royal Mansour Meridien, Casablanca is there. I would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Mr. DuWyne,

Greetings from Le Royal Mansour Meridien in Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Casablanca last month, and for contacting us prior to your visit, enabling us to make your experience as positive and enjoyable.

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction and I can assure you that each team member has read your comment and joins me in thanking you for your extremely kind words about our hotel and all the services you interacted with or tried during the time spent with us.

Comments like yours are what motivates us to always improve our service, and we sure hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Kind regards

said.mahrous@lemeridien.com

Been to Le Royal Mansour Meridien? Share your experiences!