“was alright” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Mansour Casablanca

You added Royal Mansour Casablanca to your Saves list
Royal Mansour Casablanca
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27, Avenue de l'Armee Royale, Casablanca 20000, Morocco (Formerly Le Royal Mansour Meridien)   |
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
“was alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend- they had a good rate. The lobby is nice and re-done. Hotel staff is helpful. The room seems old and smelled like smoke. Beds were ok, bathrooms spacy. Shower head was horrible. Not starwood quality I was expecting. Others were having a party in a room across the way which kept me up and smelled like more smoke! Nothing amazing but would stay again when I need

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

In December we decided to spend one night at the Le Royal Mansour Meridien in Casablanca, after having spent 5 nights at the Four Seasons in Marrakech.

I have never experienced such a disgusting hotel before. It is dirty and in desperate need of refurbishment. We booked a non-smoking room but where initially given a smoking room, which stank of stale smoke. We complained and were then told that we should wait in our room until around 4pm, when a non-smoking room would be available - we checked in at 2.30pm. The non-smoking room was as awful as the smoking room, smelling of mould and you could hear the person snoring in the connecting room. The service is terrible and the concierge genuinely suggested Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonald's as lunch options when we arrived.

Breakfast at the hotel was also awful - stained tablecloths, missing cutlery, water tasted of washing-up liquid, bad service and the list goes on.

I would certainly not recommend it. We actually ended up going for lunch at the Hyatt around the corner and it is a much better option!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I apologize for the unacceptable issues that you've noted, and I can assure you that I will personally look into these matters.

If you have the opportunity to contact me at said.mahrous@lemeridien.com, I would appreciate knowing more about these unusual situations.

We would also like you to know that we value your choice to stay with us, and that it is our intention to retain your business.

Clifton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice hotel with old charm and excellent service
Good location within walking distance of major square and souk (local marketplace) and nice service. Only issue was free internet was very slow and unreliable plus only allowed one device so I recommend to order high speed internet.

Room Tip: Stayed on 5th floor on the opposite side of the main entrance to the hotel and had no trouble with n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your positive comments following your business stay at Le Royal Mansour Meridien.

Thanks again and for highlighting our location as well as the charm of our property and its excellent service. I realize that it takes time to write these reviews, and we really do apprecaite your time and efforts.

We took note of your comment with regard to internet connexion unusaul issues, and i invite you to contact me next time you visit us, so i can ensure you benefit fully from our free internet option.

We would also like you to know that we appreciate you business, and will continue to work hard each and every day to retain you as a valued guest.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This once opulent hotel is in dire need of a makeover. Paintwork is very jaded and the bathrooms are very dated. Porters are helpful if a little pushy but rest of staff are great. Dining area is very impressive and breakfasts are excellent. Not too far from the seafront. Taxi for 50 Dirham. Area not the best but fairly central.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days in this hotel.Rooms are greatly decorated and has a great view of Hassan II mosque.The king bed is so comfy and linens are awesomely crisp and clean.They even provided extra cozy pillows located in the cabinets.Coat hangers adequately provided too.Robes are so soft,how I wish I could have one...hehehe!
I'm totally impressed with the generously huge lobby and modernized coffee shop.Complimentary wifi was given to us by the attentive receptionist and gave us a good discount on our buffet breakfast,though I still find it marked highly compare to other hotels.Concierge staffs were so funny and willingly posed with me the worldwide phenominal V sign gesture...hahaha!
What I didn't like here is the foul urinal smell coming out from the bidet,I think.I suggest that they conduct a thorough method of eliminating this disgusting odor.
Housekeeping women were so friendly and courteously provided us with slippers when I asked one.Rooms were replenished and efficiently cleaned up the following day.

Dear Haydee711,

Thank you for your review following your stay at Le Royal Mansour Meridien. We really appreciate your positive comments. Our staff have been going above and beyond our guests expectations, and we are very proud of each and every one of them.

I apologize for the issue that you've noted, and I can assure you that I will personally look into this matter. If you have the opportunity to contact me at said.mahrous@lemeridien.com, I would appreciate discussing with you further.

please know that we would be pleased to have you as our guest, at anytime you are in The Casablanca area!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This property is a majestic older property, that most will enjoy. The service is absolutely top notch, with friendly staff offering high calibre service. The food is very good and the location is very central for what I wanted to see.

Only concern is the mold smell in the room but you get used to it. Value for money is very high.

Upon check-out, without any prompting or mentioning the smell in the room, we were given a 50 % discount on our food and beverage bill. Talk about excellent service!

You will not regret staying here.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Steve

Room Tip: Not sure except to say the rooms are spacious
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to express our appreciation for your kind words following your stay with us.

It is a real pleasure to know that you found Le Royal Mansour Meridien to be your favorite place to now stay in Casablanca, and in your opinion, the best location. Your praise on the quality of service is certainly the most important compliment to us. Please know that we will be sure to share your positive feedback with all of our staff.

Nevertheless, we are deeply sorry about the odor in the room that was assigned for you, and we have shared your comments with our technical department to go to the root of why this could happen in order to avoid this kind of situation.

We are so very pleased however that the staff were helpful and unfailingly attentive. We understand your comment on our Service Recovery, and, please Know that thoughtfulness is a core value for us.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and Tripadvisor readers.

Very cordially

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The wifi wasn't working all day yesterday, the egg station at breakfast was unmanned when I needed protein, and you really have to fight to get the toilets to flush. Staff are very helpful and polite, view is of a building site and a port, but you're very central here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Royal Mansour Casablanca? Share your experiences!