“Better value for money elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Le Royal Mansour Meridien to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Le Royal Mansour Meridien
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27, Avenue de l'Armee Royale, Casablanca 21000, Morocco   |
Ranked #13 of 68 hotels in Casablanca
London
“Better value for money elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Some of the hotel staff are pretty friendly. That is where the good comments stop. Was a real challenge to get anything done or even to get what you order. Have travelled extensively in Morocco and this is way down in terms of product and service. Next visit to Casablanca I will try elsewhere. Place is really tired.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns on TripAdvisor with other travelers.

Your praise and comments on the quality of service and the carefulness of our staff are surely one of the best compliments you could ever make to us.

Nevertheless, we are deeply sorry to learn that the conditions this time were not in keeping with your expectations. Our daily commitment is to always improve on the thoughtfulness in addition to the expected polish and professionalism and the efficiency expected of a five star hotel.

Be assured that we are really concerned by your comments and our priority is to always offer the quality of service that our valued clients are entitled to receive.

Our teams here have only one objective: to spare no efforts and make sure that each and every guest leaves our hotel satisfied. We did not achieve our objective this time, and our only hope is that you will give us a second chance during your next visit in Casablanca, and hopefully we may rectify whatever specifically disappointed you.

We look forward hearing from you.

Kind regards,

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

As Arabs might say, this hotel is nuss wah nuss, or "half and half" when it somes to accomodations. On one hand, the staff is exceptionally nice, wonderfully helpful, and cheerful, without being too fussy. This is true from the top management down to and including the janitorial and service staff -- they all were just very nice, thoughtful, and made me feel quite at home and comfortable throughout my stay. (I have stayed in this hotel several times now over the past several months due to my company having an arrangement with them for fixed pricing.) The facility itself has certainly seen better days --- it's dated, worn, and frankly showing it's age everywhere -- the rooms are clean but the furniture is old and the curtains are getting a bit threadbare, the AC is questionable and the controls really work poorly -- either hot, cold, or not, with no fine tuning -- the hallways are dark and gloomy, the elevators are small, and the lobby areas are dark and pretty sterile, too. The Club Room is somewhat over rated and there are no provisions for hot coffee or tea in the individual rooms which is a significant inconvenience. Room service is generally good and punctual but having to order a cup of coffee and wait 30 mins is painful. I've been in probably 10 different rooms now and the view is usually the same -- not appealing -- the hotel is a run down part of town. Next time I'm in Casa, I may well try something different.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Said-Mahrous, Guest Servives Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at Le Royal Mansour Meridien.

We are much honored to read that you stayed amongst us for several visits in Casablanca and that at every occasion, our entire teams could always make you feel comfortable and at home and keep such a good memory of their helpfulness and their availability in your mind.

Your words concerning our Staff and also the quality of our services at Le Royal Mansour Meridien are very appreciated.

Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to read that your last experience has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations, and that you had to face a less convenient experience with the conditions of the room assigned for you.

You are perfectly right, this situation is not acceptable, and does not reflect the high standards of accommodation we aim to provide for our guests. Be assured however that if you had called our teams, they would have been glad to bring you immediate assistance and take necessary actions to make your stay more suitable.

We would appreciate if you could contact us directly, so as to investigate properly on your recent visit to know how we failed, and to have the chance to organize your next visit with us.

Staying at your entire disposal, I remain,

Yours sincerely,

ADELAIDE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We chose this hotel from choice given by our private tour operator as we wished to have club facilities. The room was quite ok, and the dining facilities nice, but the drinks were very expensive. The club room was a waste of time and money - basically no snacks and we were told there was a limit of 2 drinks per person after being offered (and subsequently charged for) a third drink. After some argument on checkout, they subsequently removed the charge. We were booked in for another night at the end of our tour, but changed to another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money on upgrading to a club room - worst we have ever experienced throughout the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Helen, and David,

We would like to thank for devoting both your time and attention to share with us your experience at Le Royal Mansour Meridien.

We appreciate your honest compliments with regard to our rooms and our dinning facilities.

And we offer you our sincere apologies for not being able to respond to your needs and fulfill all your expectations regarding the food and beverages selections and choices at our Loung Club, and which you found limited.

Nevertheless, we will take into consideration your comments and remarks to recover our shortcoming.

We do sincerely hope that you will trust us again and remain personally at your entire disposal for any further request, and please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation; we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely,
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was left with a mixed view of this hotel. Some parts of the hotel have a Moroccan style that was quite pleasing and made a change from some of the bigger chain hotels. At least I knew that I was in Morocco.Other parts of the building have seen better days and are ready for refit.The view from my window was of a wastland and another hotel.
I have mixed views about the restaurants, my meal in the royal grill restaurant was awful, I actually had a steak that tasted of fish, On one occasion I went into the restaurant area looking for a waiter/ table and was ignored by all of them. Ended up not bothering to eat that night, but the next night at the Moroccan restaurant it was far.better.
The hotel porters are very helpful.
I would have liked tea and coffee making equipment in my room and asked for a kettle. I was told that I could not have a kettle but that the staff would bring boiling water if I asked. Its not the same, not the end of the world but still not what I wanted.

Room Tip: This hotel is near the medina, but this area is very dirty and run down.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Ian,

I would like to start by expressing our appreciation for your kind words about our porters and the staff at our Moroccan restaurant Douira.

All of our teams have read your comment and would like to join me in apologizing for not succeeding in making your overall stay with us a special experience.

It is clear that some parts of the hotel did not meet your expectations and I personally apologize for the incidents you encountered.

We were very surprised to read your disappointment regarding your experience at Le Royal Grill, it is a restaurant with excellent reputation (on Tripadvisor as well) and we recommend it because we have had great feedback from our guests, and It is very rare that we receive a negative feedback about its services.

We understand the disappointment of our guests when sometimes a mishap occurs, and our responsibility is to prevent any gaps from happening again.

Also, we regret that your request for a Kettle was not responded to appropriately, as we have these items available upon the call of our guests.

We already started our investigation, as we knew that you stayed with us from the 23rd of June for six nights, and your room was on the 4th floor. This will surely help us to have a clear view of what happened and how.

We sincerely apologize for these unusual situations which do not reflect the quality of service we constantly strive to achieve. And we will certainly contact the restaurant and kitchen teams, as well as our call center and investigate further regarding your meal at Le Royal Grill and the water Kettle you requested.

I invite you to send us an email at Said.Mahrous@lemeridien.com whenever you are planning a visit to Casablanca, as we would love a second chance to turn around your opinion about our hotel.

Very cordially yours

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is billed as 5* and pictures on the Internet made it look lovely. I stayed here on business and was disappointed. The rooms are large and look nice but mine smelt strongly of damp and sheets and clothing left in the room felt clammy - though this could have been due to the air conditioning.

The shower was very good and the hotel seemed to be clean with good room service and bottled water in the rooms.

I wouln't class this as a 5* hotel and there was a problem with pre- payment from the UK.

Bed douvets were far too heavy for the heat of Morocco in summer even with e air conditioning.

I don't think that I would return, there are many hotels in Casablanca and I think I will look elsewhere for a similar price.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you experience online. As difficult as it was for me to read that we did not meet your expectations, your feedback is extremely valuable as it helps us improve.

However, we are happy to hear that you found your room nice and larger, with its good shower and amenities.

Still, we really regret that you did not inform us about your discomfort while you were with us, as we would have taken suitable action immediately.

Your remarks are always welcome and of a great concern to us and be assured that we will investigate and take necessary action if you could let us know more details.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in the future, and please, do not hesitate to contact me should your travels bring you back to Casablanca.

With kind regards,

Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Quaint and characterful can cover many establishments in Morocco. In this case unfortunately it is now mutton dressed up as lamb. Sloppy maintenance, tired fittings and staff who are willing, but increasingly battling with a hotel in dire need of a revamp and new direction. The breakfast atrium has a fantastic atmosphere and is a real pleasure, encapsulating all that is "Casa", as with the bar, both staffed by willing and efficient people. The rooms are now a bit pathetic. Cheap make overs for many years (yes I have been coming for many years), make for an industrial experience.

At this price point that does not add to the adventure or travel experience. It is unacceptable.

Gym has good equipment and layout, but three machines not operating and not even labeled as such. Internet is free for residents but so slow replication a near impossibility. Secret tip is to pay the 200 Dirhams a day for spectacularly fast streaming. Go figure. Aircon hardly works. A common problem for years in this hotel, but getting worse. Such is the impact of time.

Plenty of new places to choose from with half the atmosphere, but I for one have got to the stage where this is no substitute for a shoddy, overpriced hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Said-Mahrous, Guest Services Manager at Le Royal Mansour Meridien, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you first of all for your loyalty, and for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your stay at Le Royal Mansour Meridien.

We are truly delighted that you appreciated our staff professionalism, and that the service value exceeded your expectations at every occasion.

Besides, we have also noted your comments regarding Le Royal Mansour Meridien Hotel’s style and decoration, which may appear Old Style indeed, but in the same way gives authentic character to the property.

Please, be assured that we are really concerned by your comments and our priority is to always offer the quality of service that our valued guests are entitled to receive. We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns and we do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Mansour Meridien very soon, and make amends for any disappointment that occurred during your stay in June.

In the meantime, we remain

Sincerely yours,

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a large older style room with an entry hallway, a king size bed, a table & chairs and a fridge. The window which was dirty overlooked the main road & we could hear the traffic noise although it wasn’t overly loud. The bathroom had a shower over the yellow enamel bath with a shower curtain. There was good water pressure in the shower. The toilet was in a separate room in the bathroom. This was the first hotel we stayed in Morocco that had conditioner as well as shampoo included in the toiletries.

We were on a tour when we stayed here and dinner was not in the restaurant but in a separate room. The quality and quantity of food at dinner was not particularly great although there were some nice desserts.

Breakfast was in the restaurant and was very good. There was quite a variety of food and they also cooked fresh omelettes & pancakes & the service was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for this nice review you took the time to post on TripAdvisor, and we are deeply honored that you choose Le Royal Mansour Meridien as your destination in Casablanca!

Our first priority is to make our guests feel comfortable, so it is such a pleasure to read how much you liked your room and found the guest room amenities, as well as its Desk, table, chairs, and its refreshment center, perfect for your stay. We are even more pleased that you found our rooms as large and spacious!

We are also glad that you could imagine the touch of the Old Style which adds character to the Hotel.

We thank you also for highlighting the Breakfast buffet quantity and quality, and we are happy your experience at Le Royal Grill Restaurant in the morning was up to your expectations.

We apologize for any disappointment that occurred during your stay and hopefully we may rectify whatever specifically disappointed you, on a further visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Le Royal Mansou Meridien.

In the meantime, we remain,

Very truly yours,
Said.Mahrous@lemeridien.com

Been to Le Royal Mansour Meridien? Share your experiences!