“Charming 5 Star Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Mansour Casablanca

You added Royal Mansour Casablanca to your Saves list
Royal Mansour Casablanca
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27, Avenue de l'Armee Royale, Casablanca 20000, Morocco (Formerly Le Royal Mansour Meridien)   |
Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
New Zealand
“Charming 5 Star Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The hotel is a pleasant surprise after the hustle and bustle of arriving at airport and trying to get taxi to the hotel. When the Taxi driver hears that I am staying at the Meridien, they usually racks up the price, but luckily I was met a local teacher who shared the taxi with me and bargained the price down.

Room is spacious, has beautiful marble floor, yes, it is dated, but still of high standard and adds to the classic look. The restaurant, lounge and lobby is beautiful too. This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in the entire Morrocan trip.

Bear in mind though, the hotel is off city centre and other tourists hotel, so there are not many places to visit or restaurants to dine. Hotel restaurant offers lovely food, and I pay very similar to what I would in New Zealand and Australian hotels. (Also expected to tip!)

Room Tip: Forget about the costs of taxis and paying for the restaurant meals, the stay would be very enjoyabl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Berrada, Director of Sales at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Royal Mansour Meridien, and I was most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Mansour Meridien in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Casablanca, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I last stayed here at the Mansour Meridien nine years ago and it was quite presentable then. But time has not been kind to the hotel, even nine years, which was a surprise. I don't want to slag the place off with curt remarks, but say that if anyone at Meridien is reading this:

PLEASE RENOVATE THIS HOTEL!!

Last week I was in the Meridein in Delhi, which is now lavish, sumptuous and newly done, as was the Meridien bangkok, which I had the pleasure to visit a few weeks ago.
The Mansour is a graveyard of tire sagging styles, depressed staff, complacency, second hand cigarette smoke, botched decor, peeling paint, and general grimness.
My suggestion is to go elsewhere until this hotel has risen from the ashes like a phoenix. It will happen, I am sure.... but it will take time and the deep pockets of the Meridien group.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry you were disappointed by the site of the allocated room. We have a large variety of rooms and suites on offer at the Royal Mansour Meridien and I would recommend that you contact us directly for any future bookings, in order to ensure we select the perfect room to suit your needs.

Kind regards,
Estoril, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I own a travel agency in Portugal and this was a business trip before and after a group arrival. Two separate nights, two different rooms.

Location: on the old part of the city, still the most vibrant one but I would say that might change in a couple of years from now with all the construcion going on on the beach side. Convenient both for business and for leisure, Casablanca is a safe city to walk around and there will always be a lot of people in the streets;
Room: I tried two rooms and both were very big and one of them with a huge bathroom, as they used to build rooms a few decades ago! The decoration is classic, this is a palace hotel, but the bed is comfortable and large. There is an average working desk and the internet connection is pretty good. TV has a lot of international options. Amenities are regular, nothing to talk about;
Breakfast: it really is amazing! First of all the setting is beautiful, a nice room with a glass ceiling letting all the light in, white marble walls and columns, really nice. Then there is a huge offer not only in quantity but also in quality with some chef designed signature dishes that you should try. A couple of cooking stations for International and Local food also help to add up;
Service: concierge was helpful trying to retrieve my lost luggage but nothing very impressive. At the reception everyone was nice and room service was very efficient also.
General: Liked it and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Berrada, Director of Sales at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments.

We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we wish to welcome you again at the Royal Mansour Meridien in a very near future.

With very best regards
Mossel Bay, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel, to conclude our recent Morocco tour.

As Platinum member, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 8th floor. The upgrade included breakfast for two, Club lounge access, free internet, and access to the gym and Spa, with complimentary use of the sauna and hamman. We used Starwood points to stay here, but the nightly rate averages around $160 per night, without breakfast. Using points was a very good value for this stay.

One thing visitors must understand is that this is a landmark building that was built in the late 30's, and has been renovated several time. Yes, I agree that it is due for another renovation, but the hotel breathes history and it is beautiful, and the decor is Moroccan. We really liked it.

We were able to walk to the medina, and other attractions were nearby.

The complimentary drinks and canapes at the Club Room are very much appreciated, and the staff is very friendly. We had the opportunity to try Moroccan wines: the Cabernet President was quite lovely.

The dining room downstairs is quite lovely, suggesting an Art Deco era. The breakfast is not too lavish, but it is nice. One morning, the omelet station young cook was bursting with laughter, and helpfulness (I loved his personality!). The next morning, an older cook, was more severe in personality, but got the job done. Oh, well. Service was satisfactory averaging out the different personalities!

The room was very comfortable, the mattress, pillows, etc. Our suite had a separate office, living room, and bedroom. Each room, except the office had a TV.

The bathroom was large, well-maintained and stocked with Le Meridien's standard toiletries.

My Only Complaint:

I needed to print our flight itineraries, and the printer was out of order in the Club Room, as well as the Business Center. The concierge tried to use his, to no avail. When I complained about this, the Front Desk person said that the IT man was off (because it was the weekend), and also said that they have been having problems with the new computers and printers. I told the gentleman that this situation was completely inexcusable, to get it fixed, sinceit's not a new problem!

I would have given them five stars had it not been for my above complaint.

Otherwise, I do recommend this hotel; we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Request a room in the top floors (above 6), and you'll have a very quiet night's sleep. If...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice comments about the Royal Mansour Meridien in Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our hotel as well as the service and we hope that you will be staying with us in a near future.

Awaiting to welcoming you at the Royal Mansour Meridien

With very best regards
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Landed around 14:00 in Casablanca airport and queued 45 minutes at Customs and Immigration. We took a rip off taxi who wanted to charge us over 300 MAD. The actual price is 250-260 so please do not pay more than that.

After a 40 minute taxi ride we arrived at the hotel with a yellow façade. There are some minor security checks and we proceeded to the SPG check in. Unfortunately there was no one so we went to the normal check in. We checked in with Ms. Wafaa, we are SPG Gold members and we expected an upgrade to a higher category of room. We emailed the hotel in advance and they told me that the next category was a Royal Club room so if one was available they would have give it to us.

Unfortunately they upgraded us to a bigger room but without club access, no internet, no breakfast, nothing. The check in lady was rather unfriendly and when I asked for her supervisor, she told me because her colleague was older, Mr. Hicham was her supervisor but both with the same function. I asked then for the front desk manager or someone else but all where in a meeting and later that evening everyone was gone. But they told me I could still send them an email. But if they do not offer internet access for SPG members, I cannot get online.

I was rather disgusted with the check in and I actually preferred to leave this hotel and to go eg to the Hyatt hotel not far from the Meridien.

We got a room on the SPG floor at the end of the corridor. The elevators were new but our room was still very old. There is a new lock in the room and there is a new TV but unfortunately it are the only new things in the room.

The room was big but that is all positive I can say about it. On the right side was a bathroom with a yellow bath. I assume it was white once. Very disgusting, also the shower head was white and full with chalk. The toilet was in a separate room in the bathroom but above was an ugly panel. The sink was so old and the bath amenities were rather poor.

There was no welcome drink or gift in the room and also not a welcome note. There was one small bottle of water for three persons.

The extra bed arrived but there was blood on the sheets. Also the curtains were dirty and the AC was not working how it should be.

There is a fitness center but you are not left alone, three women are constantly looking and even though you are the only one they do not know what to do so they stay near your side which can be a kind of irritating.

There are a few concierges but Mr. Said did not make a fantastic expression on me instead of Mr. Abdullah who was extremely friendly and helpful .

Definitely I would not return here at all.

Room Tip: Well I have no idea if there are good rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Vorarlberg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel claims to have a long tradition and is said to be the most wellknown in town. The location is fine, you´ll be in a few minutes at the big mosque (taxi) and the corniche. Or just step out of the hotel and you´re in the middle of busy downtown and walk two minutes to the souk. The room was cleand and spacy, the view nothing extraordinary. The furniture is not the latest but every necessary thing is avalaible and working. Staff is exceptionally kind at the front desk or in the restaurant. Food was fine. What else did I forget? Well, calculate enough time to get to the airport.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Royal Mansour is a very comfortable hotel which is centrally located in Casablanca. The service is quite good. The rooms are tastefully decorated in a Moorish style. Some of the rooms are showing a little bit of age, but it's all very charming. I would gladly stay there again.