“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Vancouver, Canada
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stayed there for 4 nights. The hotel is located at a quiet and safe part of the city. Room comes with free internet and bed is comfortable. Big steam room and sauna. Service is ok if you are not picky. One might have expected more given that the hotel is a Sheraton.

Overall, it is still a pretty good hotel when compared to the rest in the city. Will recommend staying there if you visit Casablanca.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Lady Chou: I visited Casablanca last December with my sister and we had dinner in the Japanese restaurant of the Sheraton hotel & Tours ... It was a life time experience!! It's called “Sakura”…...I shall never forget that name!!. One of the servers told me the meaning of Sakura “the Japanese name of the Cherry tree”. we had the chance to taste some succulent sushi, sashimi; tempura…etc.It was delightful!! The staff was very caring & friendly too!!
I loved Casablanca and we are hoping to be accommodated next time in that hotel because it seemed a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Clean and quite good rooms, robably lower standard comparing to the classic Sheraton standard. Poeple is kind and friendly and they speak a quite good English. The hotel is quite close to the center of city. Never tasted the restaurant cousine. Breakfast is good and with a good range of choices.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I am writing this review while here at the Sheraton Hotel in Casablanca. As a regular traveler to Morocco and Casablanca, I learned to keep my expectations quite low when it comes to service, but did not expect the Sheraton to be as grim .

Problems:
1) painful check-in : 4 people arrived in the same time, so I queued for 15 minutes until I had the pleasure to be greeted by a very angry and disturbed face. There was one person doing the check-ins and outs.

2) Internet : Not free .. strange when you pay 200 EURs for a standard room
3) Internet code: you need to get it from the reception front desk, but of course why would they inform you or supply you with the code at your arrival?
4) I tried to call in to get the internet access code. The reception, business center and hotel switchboard phones were ringing.. no answer for 30 minutes. I decided to go down to get the access code myself. Had to queued again, because the guy was checking in and out guests.

I was tired after a long flight and a straight 5 hours business meeting. The experience was just dreadful.

The Room:

- Bottle of water charged for 5 EURS. and no it wasn’t even an Evian.
- Overall room condition was average to mediocre. I wouldn't class it as 5 stars. It was far below Sheraton standards, with tasteless carpet which was clashing with equally tasteless peeling-off wallpaper.
- Bathroom looked grim and needed a good scrub ..actually a good renovation would be better. it looked and felt outdated.
- Wardrobe and furniture : outdated.
- The window was locked and it was impossible to get some fresh air into the room.

Finally I would strongly recommend staying away from the Sheraton unless you fancy getting a glance of the Casablanca night life in the in house disco club. I wouldn't call it a must see.. I think Casablanca offers much nicer spots.

For the same or even less money I recommend:

Le meridian Royal Mansour (next door to Sheraton)
Hayat (Next door)

or even the recently opened Novotel, which is a standard hotel, but has the advantage to be brand new, so the rooms are quite nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Casablanca doesn't have much to offer beyond an international airport. I'd recommend as little time as possible here (although the large mosque is impressive). Given that role, the Sheraton is serviceable, but not much more. The rooms are clean, but unremarkable in any way. The location is decent, near the old medina, but the shopping and environment in Marrakech and Fes is undoubtedly superior.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a recent tour of Morocco. Once at the start of the tour and then a week later, at the end of the tour.

The first stay was simply awful. The front desk service was appalling. When we arrived to start our tour, we were told that the rooms were not ready and the banking facility was closed. We had to kill about 2 hours before being allowed into our room. We tried to have lunch in the hotel coffee shop, which was full of smokers. After waiting at least 20 minutes to get the attention of the one and only very grumpy attendant, we finally got to order our food. The prices were beyong ridiculous. A very very small cup of coffee cost 5 euros. When we eventually got into our room, the first thing we wanted to do after travelling for 24 hours was shower. Alas, no towels. It took 2 phone calls and 35 minutes to get the towels.

The second visit at the end of the tour slightly redeemed our view of this hotel, but then our tour guide dealt with the front desk. We also got a SPG room, which contained towels, shampoo and soap.

On the positive side, the rooms were clean and the food was not too bad. It is 10 minute walk to the Casablanca Souk and a 40 minute walk to the Mosque.

• Stayed April 2010
portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We've just came back from Casablanca, Marocco, where my husband, my 15 year old daughter and myself decided to welcome the New Year.
I must confess I was a bit apprehensive about going and staying at Sheraton because I had read some negative comments about this hotel.
As soon as we enterd all my worries and fears vanished.
Mr Ismail Sidky and Miss Nadia Kabbaj , both directors of the hotel, made us feel at home and very welcome.
Sheraton Casablanca meets the high standards we have come to expect from Sheraton Hotels worldwide and should continue to demand.
I highly recommend it and, my family and I, will not hesitate to go back .

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!