“Good location and helpful staff.” 3 of 5 stars

Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Avenue des F.A.R., Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good location and helpful staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our first day in Morocco was spent here. The foyer did not have the freshness of a 5 star. As we had arrived early and the room would only be available later we strolled to the Old Medina which was within easy distance. The Old City has its array of stalls and eateries but lacks the charm and uniqueness of the Old Medinas of Fez and Marrakesh.
The hotel did not meet to our expectations that day. The room appeared crowded, the shower was problematic and the safe non- functioning. Breakfast was good but their were issues with a staff member which spoilt things. We wrote a long list of complaints and as we were scheduled to come back a week later as the booking was prepaid. The return leg was a delightful new story. Our needs were addressed. We had a great room and functioning services. We explored the new medina , all within easy distance and enjoyed the city. The Hotel had passed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Frederic M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear "bulia"

We thank you for your recent stay at Sheraton Casablanca.

We deeply regret the fact we did not meet your expectations during your first stay, which was not the case when you came back. We do have shared with our Associates your experience in order to increase our services and controls as it is our goal to reach your expectations.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back for your next stay in Casablanca.

Sincerely yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stay was fine- paid about $193 a night which included the obscene local VAT of %20.

However...

Sheraton decided to try and STEAL from me at checkout:

SCAM #1- An unnanounced fee of about $10 USD was added, without my consent or permission, for a "donation" to UNICEF. I did not ask to donate, it was just added to my bill. In my country this is called STEALING. Do not allow yourself to get clipped by this SCAM just because a big corporation is looking for a tax dodge.

SCAM #2- A sign at checkout reads "Pay with your own currency!" You can get your bill listed in your home currency amount- but what the sign dosent say is THEY CHARGE YOU %3 OF YOUR TOTAL BILL. Again, this charge was added without my consent or permission, just handed to me as if I was too lazy to do mental conversions from dirhams on my own. Again, another attempt to STEAL from me at checkout.

Charges were eventually removed after much bickering with the checkout clerk who claimed ignorance of these attempts to inflate my bill and STEAL from me.

This is shameful conduct on the part of a supposedly high end international hotel chain. This Sheraton stay will be my LAST.

Avoid this hotel at all costs unless you want to be SCAMMED.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear "CaptainAmerica"

Thank you for your recent stay.

We are looking to contact you by email to get copy of your invoice for a better understanding, as it is not in the procedures of the hotel to charge expenses that are not consumed.
In the context of actions for children conducted by UNICEF, we invite you to make a donation. This gift is at your sole discretion and choice.
Moreover, in the context of payment by credit card , it is proposed by the bank, the possibility of a settlement in Euros, Dollars or local currency. The otganisme managing these regulations can apply charges for compensation between two cuurencies and / or charges between your bank and the bank regulation .The hotel is unfortunately not responsible for these charges .

We hope that our email contact will clarify this situation.

Yours sincerely,
Beirut, Lebanon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very shabby and rundown. Hotel rooms looked like they needed a deep cleaning. Carpet in room was kinda gross looking. Heaven knows what sorts of things it absorbed over the years - I felt icky walking barefoot.
Bathroom was nice as was breakfast buffet. Well located, near the train station as well. Gym was not good

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Frederic M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Abihabibm,
Thank you for your stay with us.
We genuinely value our Guests’ comments and regret when their expectations are not met. Please accept our sincerest apologies. The issues raised are certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel.
At the Sheraton we have some facilities free of charge, as the Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance, offering health and foods recommendations, to help you to set up your personalized health program.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Trip Advisor. We hope to have you back at Sheraton Casablanca allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve.
Warmest regards,
Roma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Certainly not a five-star hotel. The hall makes you think you are stepping into a beautiful hotel but when you enter your room you realize that cleaning is not their concern nor is the maintenance of the air conditioning or the bathrooms. If you are looking for comfort this is not the right place!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Frederic M, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear "Momi708"

Thank you for sharing your recent experience.

I was shocked to read your comments and I sincerely regret your unfortunate experience about the room. Please allow me to follow up on this important issue.

To do so, I would like to talk to you personally, so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to my personal assistant "houda.kansari@sheraton.com" and tell me how I can contact you, it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting Sheraton when you are next in Casablanca.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Casablanca and being of service to you on many occasions.

Sincerely Yours,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel at the beginning and the end of a packaged tour in Morocco. The rooms are confortable and the food and services are good. The only annoyance is that the noise coming from a nightclub was heard during most of the night (we were staying on the sixteenth floor)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "Joe H "

We thank you for your recent stay at Sheraton Casablanca and your nice comments about your experience with Sheraton.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon in our hotels.

Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

First and foremost when arriving in the city by plane, I would highly suggest you contact the hotel and arrange a car service. We were not able to do this and caught a 'taxi' from the airport. Mistake as it was old, broken down and the aircon didn't work. We made sure to fix that and arranged a car back to the airport from the hotel.

As to this hotel, as others have pointed out, yes, it could well use a refurbishment. The room I was in was felt dated and worn but completely useable. The elevators were not always working properly when I was there (Sept 2013).

The staff was accommodating and friendly. The room was cleaned daily and all items refreshed. I was upgraded to a suite in the hotel which was nice.

I might take a look at other hotels in the area if I am back and would have no problem returning to this hotel. A good refresh on the rooms would bump this hotel up one or two stars for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Frederic M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear "cxworldtraveler "

We thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Casablanca, as well as for your comment..

It is important to us that your stay gives you satisfaction, and our teams are attentive to your requests.

In a few months, the hotel will undertake major changes, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Sheraton Casablanca for a new experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed for business April 24-26
Pros:
- good gym

Cons:
- long waiting time at the front desk
- I was given a smoking room. Mr. ABDELJALIL from the front desk gave me a hard time when I asked to change it to a non smoking
- buffet is overpriced for what they offer. I asked for a latte and the machine was unfortunately broken.
- WiFi in the room I stayed was only available in the bathroom! (Room 923)
- Prostitutes roaming around with guests (probably picked up feom the Cesar club downstairs)
- rooms: very old. My bathroom tub had rust in it.

Overall, the hotel needs to be reclassified.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear "DXB2BOY"
Thank you for staying at Sheraton Casablanca

We have noted your comments and have performed the checks on WiFi signal for the room indicated .

When booking, we cordially invite you to communicate your preferences as " non-smoking room " in order for us to pre allocate the room according your preferences. The non-smoking rooms may not always be available at the time of your arrival if your preferences was not provided at the time of booking, and according to hotel occupancy, it may take us time to give you satisfaction .

Under the Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance, we invite you to discover the wide online program opportunities to build your custom program.

We allow also to inform you that the access to the rooms is reserved exclusively to residential customers and under strict regulations..

Sincerely

Been to Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!