“1 star hotel with a 5 star hotel name” 2 of 5 stars

Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Avenue des F.A.R., Casablanca 20000, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
atl
“1 star hotel with a 5 star hotel name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel was nice in its own way. The staff with the exception of a few were very gracious and kind. The rooms were run down and the WiFi did not work if you were at the end of the halls on the floors. When I arrived they gave me a room at the end of the hall on the 8th floor said the business center had free WiFi and I would be charged for it in my room. I was there on business and needed to be able to work and communicate to home. So WiFi in the room was essential. I could not get a brand new 2 day old laptop to connect to the internet so I called guest services she tried to tell me what to do like I didnt know and then said she would send an engineer to help. The engineer said it was my laptop that was bad. So they brought me a LAN to use (since there wasnt one in the room like there should have been) he was able to get the lan connected after multiple attempts and blaming my computer. So first day in the room and I find there isnt a room service menu, the mini bar fridge was broke and everything was warm as well as the WiFi not working. Day 2 I go out for a bit come back and no internet only to fight with it the better part of a day. Called guest services and they said it should be fine. OK let me call you back. 2 hours no call. I call again, same response let me call you back, I go eat return no call not fixed. So I take my laptop to the bathroom it connects to the WiFi there no problem. but not in the room at the desk. I went to the front desk at this time and the gentleman told me to speak to guest services, I said absolutely not I had been waiting 3 hours for a call back and wanted the issue dealt with not ignored. He accompanied me to the office of guest service and told them to fix the problem or get a manager involved. The result was they ended up moving my room to one which everything but the shower worked.
The company I was there to conduct business with contacted the hotel since they were paying the bill and the service after was much better. (staff even called to ensure I wasnt waiting for dinner for unknown reasons) The webiste is out dated for this hotel as well the times that the restaurants are listed are incorrect.

Room Tip: The noise level from the street is impossible to escape they will try to put you in rooms with 2 twi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We apologize for encountered inconveniences which were address upon Managerial meeting to strengthen out notified points. We sincerely regret any guest experience that does not meet expectations.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Casablanca!

The management team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

i had a short visit ,, one night in sheraton ,invited to attend a traditional wedding in the ballroom of the hotel , had tajeen on lunch the second day

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
At Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers we cherish all comments which day after day are driving us towards excellence. We thank you for the given time and will be pleased to welcome you for your next visit to Casablanca.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

As expected of Sheraton, great service, comfortable rooms and amazing food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your positive comments which are helping us to leverage our services to exceed guest’s expectations.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your journey at The Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers.

Thank you again for your comments and we will be more than pleased to host you for your next stay among us.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, (one night before and one night after my one week tour of Morocco). The hotel is comfortable. I was upgraded to a club room for the first night. The club room was large, bathroom clean and functional. Wifi was free in the clubroom although they did not tell me at the front desk. I paid for "half board" which included breakfast and dinner at their restaurant. On the second occasion that I stayed there, also at "half board", I was not upgraded to a club room but was given an "SPG (Starwood preferred guest) room instead. The room is on a lower floor and Wifi is not included.

I found that their restaurant was NOT consistent with their food service. On the first occasion, the dinner was a buffet dinner. However, on my second stay there, the dinner was only a set menu with 2 choices only.

Check in and check out was efficient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Casablanca!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Arriving for a visit to a foreigh country, with no knowledge of language or customs, it was comforting to stay at a US -branded hotel. That said, it was an average Sheraton. English spoken at the desk. Room was comfortable. Good luggage storage. Good lighting. Wifi was strong. Bathroom was clean and functional. Big leak in the shower that ran under the vanity, but mangement made a note of this. Staff was mostly helpful. Probably not the "authentic" Moroccan hospitality experience, but for our first night in Morocco, it was comforting.

Room Tip: We were on the SPG Club level. It was fine.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate all feedbacks received which are helping us to level our services. We apologize for encountered inconveniences which are helping us to leverage our services to guest expectations.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you for your next visit and make of it an unforgettable experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel during my last business trip in march 2012

I was surprised to see that the main restaurant in the hotel is closed, i did not find anything in my room to tell me about the hotel activities (spa, gym, restaurants...) i didnt even find the room service menu

The hotel is in need of urgent renovation, the carpet is very very old, the bathroom is a sham u feel like u are in a 1/2 star hotel

The location is not that good far away from the attraction areas of casa

The food is not that good and i guess that they can be better

However the staff is helpful they are trying to do their best

• Stayed March 2012
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

We thank you for the time given to post your comments. We apologize for encountered inconveniences which were addressed upon Managerial meeting.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

The Management Team
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

240 MAD for breakfast (as B&B rate was not an option), then they charge tax on that and then tax goes on that. How can you justify 240 MAD in the first place?
rooms tired and require upgrading
staff... not sure they had any. Lots of people hanging around, none actually working though (i had to clear my own plates away from the table)
they suggest on the web page that the hotel is by the sea.... you could not even see the sea. Building site tower blocks restrict the view to the what would be the port.

For the hotel costs, far too expensive for what you get. I would not stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton2, General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret any guest experience that does not meet expectations.

The management team

Been to Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!