“FIRST TIME DISAPPOINTMENT” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations
Porto, Portugal
“FIRST TIME DISAPPOINTMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a disappointment… honestly.
I have been travelling to Casablanca for the past many years, and I always come to this restaurant. I have always been happy with the food and the ambience in this place… until yesterday. The food in this place used to be fantastic, but I must be honest with my last experience here… and that was really, really poor. But… OK… let us look at this place in light of the following:

POSITIVE POINTS:
First I must admit something… I truly love this place.
The service is excellent, and the staff is really friendly. Service is relatively fast, attentive and I always enjoy the atmosphere in this place. It is not posh, but it is fun and relaxed, and therefore I enjoy it thoroughly. The ground level room works as the main restaurant, and is relatively small. Tables are close to each other. I met and enjoyed a good conversation with the people at the table next to me… and passed a few good hours with a decent conversation. The basement area works more like a bar, and usually fills up later in the night, with good music and nice atmosphere.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
As mentioned above, I always come here for the food and the place. However, this time it was a disaster. Why do people come to a restaurant???… Obviously to eat. Yesterday for the first time, I had a hard time swallowing the food in this place. As I usually do, I ordered the Fajitas a bottle of wine, and enjoy the food. Yesterday, I only enjoyed the wine and the company. The Chicken was more than over cooked, and seems like it has been re-heated several times. The amount of cheese was ridiculously small (did they run out??). Then again, worst of all was the fajita’s pancake. Stale… hard and completely cold. YES… I complained, and they took it away, but when the second attempt came around, it was no better than the first. For the very first time in my life, I did not finish the three pancake fajita – not because it was too much… but because the taste and quality was truly pathetic. It is hard for me to write bad things about this place… because I love it, but yesterday was a complete disaster. I hope that it was only YESTERDAY… and not a preview of what this place will become in the future. I don’t mind paying good money for good food… but to pay about EURO. 40 for this??? NO WAY, there are many options in Casablanca.

SUMMING UP:
Again, I stress. I LOVE THIS PLACE, and always come back. I admit that yesterday was a total disaster, but I will return next time I am in Casablanca – just hoping that yesterday was an exception and an isolated occurrence. So… yes… I will return (benefit of doubt), but if I do encounter the same quality, it will be my last time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Nice place for food, drinks, and music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here for drinks and it was a fun, lively place to be! Lots of drink options at good prices (sangria, beers, cocktails, wine). It was Saturday night so very busy and packed. We were sitting so close to other tables! There's a downstairs bar that looked more spacious. Also live music. The food looked good too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
El Jadida, Morocco
“Fobbed off with the tourist menu”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were told that we had to choose from the tourist menu as we had arrived too late. To my anger, a group of guys arrived later than us and were allowed to eat a la carte. My Moroccan friend said that they work for 2M and that one of them is a presenter. There you go. All we needed was a well known face and we'd have got a better meal.

So we were stuck with veg soup (the other options were gone) and fillet of red mullet. Neither were anything special at all. The soup was soup. The red mullet, in infinitesimal portion, was served in small pieces with spaghetti with red and yellow peppers. Not a success.

We had a choice of pineapple or strawberry tart for dessert and we both ordered the pineapple. Oh dear, the waitress came up and said that it was all gone so we had to have the tart. It was actually some crème patissier on a sablé with a few sliced strawberries on top. My friend left his. I got it down me but it wasn't the best cake I've ever had.

To add insult to injury, we had ordered a gin and tonic each. I nearly fell through the floor when I got the bill. They'd given us Bombay Sapphire rather than the generic gin we'd ordered. 100 dirhams a pop! The same price as the meal.

Never, ever again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

At about £200 for seven of us this was a good find. Ordered a selection of Tapa's which may well have been enough although the main dishes were excellent also. Live band were a little loud but we coped. May well return before our 2 week trip is over.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great ambiance, ok food (plus a dance bar in the basement!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

A fun night out with friends or business companions. The ground floor is a bustling spanish-style bar with decent tapas and a decent selection of alcohol. Downstairs you'll find a dance bar, from which the music emanates to the bar on the ground floor.

• Visited January 2014