“Stay here if you get an awesome price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca

You added Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca to your Saves list
Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Rue Mohamed SMIHA | Cote Avenue des FAR, Centre-Ville, Casablanca, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Stay here if you get an awesome price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We just stayed here one night before heading to the airport in Casablanca to return home. First, the only thing to do in Casablanca is to go to the Hassan II Mosque (which is amazing) so one night is plenty of time in that city. The decor in the hotel was atrocious, really it gave us a good laugh. I love morocco design and architecture but this was out of this world including the paintings on the wall of our room which I would consider risque for Islamic culture. The shower would not drain and we ended up mopping up water in the bathroom. I thought the customer service could have been improved. We talked with the person at the reception and informed him that we would need a taxi in the morning. He was overly pushy about reserving it right away in almost an obnoxious way. The WiFi barely worked. The was a nice little restaurant across the way which we ate ate twice. The good was average but cheap and convenient.

Honestly, if these is the area of the city you need to stay in this hotel is fine. If you are just looking for a place to stay there has to be something better out there..I hope.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Dirty
Faulty rooms
Rubbish food
No customer care
I can go on for hours
I had such a bad experience with this hotel. Very very disappointed. What a waste of money
Filthy hotel. Disgusting
It was a Christmas away and it was a waste of time. I don't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Moroccan House H, Directeur général at Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guests,
I'm surprised to read about all these thesis .
These comments concerning your stay alert and surprised me.
In order to optimize my actions, I hope to be able to speak to you to enumerate the problems .
I am once again surprised not to have had the echo of a complaint, during your stay or by your departure.
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The entire hotel was memorable. The doorman was so lovely despite his lack of English. He was at all times so helpful.
The reception staff extremely obliging and domestic staff also.
The breakfast was in a very Moroccan setting and staff also very helpful and lovely to chat to.
They would call out to me in the street or market to say hello.
The room decor will stay with me forever as each room was different with 4 poster beds and tasseled curtains.
Clean friendly and not to be forgotten

Room Tip: Pick a favorite colour
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is in a loud and busy area of Casablanca, about 10 min away from the medina. The decor is the stereotypical Middle Eastern type - curtains over the beds, ornate carpets and decoration. Pretty chintzy and not at all what Arab art and architecture really has to offer. The room was clean enough but there were major drainage issues in the shower, common in Morocco and other developing countries. The breakfast was varied and well presented. Would probably not stay here again though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We liked our stay at Moroccan house.
The rooms are cute.

The breakfast was the best we had in Morocco and the wifi worked in the room. Yes the room was noisy from the honking outside and yes the place is alittle dated. However overall we were happy with our stay and we very much liked the door man he did anything to help us.

Room Tip: There seems to be either small rooms or massive rooms. Opt for the massive room if you can you can f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Moroccan House Hotel on the first night of a tour so had no choice of hotel. From the beginning the stay wasn't a pleasant one as the receptionist was very rude when we enquired after the meeting time of our tour group. We were seated for tea and biscuits which had hair and other fluff in them, not pleasant at all. Our room was dirty and dusty, particularly the bathroom was horrid. In the room with the window closed you can still clearly hear the traffic noise from below.

But by far the worst thing was that both my husband and I were eaten alive by bedbugs which has completely ruined our enjoyment of our Moroccan holiday. My husband in particular has over 200 bites all over his body and is in great discomfort. I actually saw one on my iPad but didn't know what it was until I googled bed bugs the following day when my husband broke out in hives.

The only positives I would give the hotel are the breakfast and the lovely doorman who couldn't have been nicer.

All in all the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, if your tour group tries to book you into this place urge them to reconsider!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Moroccan House H, General Manager at Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest ,
Without doubt, the husband of the lady was hit before the arrival to the hotel .
We sincerely regret that incident which hasn't at all happened inside the hotel because in one hand , the hotel is HACCP certified, and in an other hand, the lady should have been hit too if that occured inside the hotel.
We have never received such kind of reclaims.
Publishing such comments harm the establishment reputation
Hoping to have the privilege to welcome you again in Casablanca .
Best Regards,
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a reservation for two rooms for January 2, 2014 at the end of a 2 week stay in Morocco. When we got to the hotel, even though I had a valid confirmation number which I showed them, they insisted that I did not have a reservation. What made their behavior even worse was that both the receptionist and the manager were incredibly rude and hostile. After the manager told me he had no reservation and no rooms (my assumption is that they sold them to other people for a higher price) he just walked away, without offering any help, or apology, or anything. While we did not get to see any rooms, the hobby was dark, unpleasant, and looked dirty. We had been staying in riads all over Marrakech so it wasn't that we were expecting a modern hotel. This place just seemed dirty. There are much better hotels in that neighborhood for lower prices; there is no reason at all to stay in this one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Moroccan House H, Manager at Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest,
You were upset when you came to the hotel without presvious reservation: on the voucher you had figured a different name than yours.
In the same time the hotel was full and we proposed to you an other hotel that you refused .
I'm surprised to read comments while you didn't even stay in a room .
These comments harm the establishment reputation, and are a dishnour point for who has written them.
Hoping to see you an other time in Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca