“Superb private tour” 5 of 5 stars

+212 638 636 719
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see where nights smell of cinnamon. Castles are made of sand. Where Africa met Arabia. With a local that speaks your language. Take a bespoke tailor made tour with us. Fall under the spell of Morocco.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
14 attraction reviews
“Superb private tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2015

We took a 13 day tour with Sun Trails in April this year and it was our first experience of a private tour. Everything was first rate and professional. It is possible to chose the level of accomodation and cost to suit your needs. We chose the dreamers package. All Riads at the dreamers level were excellent.

I took a lot of time and checked out about a dozen companies before going with Sun Trails and we were not dissapointed. My contact with Cristian via email was always met with a speedy response as opposed to other companies where a week without a reply was common. He was able to organise a cooking class for us in Fez and a hot air ballooning experience for us in Marrakech at late notice.

We we taken on our tour by or driver Boujeema who was extremely knowledgable, polite and considerate. When we first arrived at Casablanca he helped us get a Morocco Telecom sim card with phone and data. Other telcos dont have the same covereage.
We were able to make minor adjustments to our itinerary to suit our needs and Boujeema was always looking out for our interests and not the local traders.
Cristian was in phone contact daily with Boujeema and spoke with us every 3-4 days to check if all was going well and to our satisfaction.
We were fortunate to meet Cristian when we arrived in Marrakech. I would have no hesitation in recommending Sun Trails for private tours.

Thank you Cristian and Boujeema!!

Visited April 2015

Boston, Massachusetts
“An agency with style, energy and a whole lot of knowledge of the industry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

I found Sun Trails under time constraints due to a complete default of another tour agency. Sun Trails truly rose to the occasion and were utterly responsive. This is an agency with style, energy and a whole lot of knowledge of the industry and their beloved subject. And good to people, Just plain thoughtful. We plan to return to Morocco asap because they are a precious connection. And we will return with their agency at the helm. (Just on responsiveness: I never sent an email with questions to develop itinerary, to questions on gear, etc that did not get a response within 24 hours.) O, and can you imagine a tour manager who calls his clients regularly throughout your trip to make sure everything is going well? That takes confidence in his product in addition to the obvious accountability.

My wife and I did two one-day tours with Sun Trails during our ten-day vacation. Both times our driver/guide was Boujeema, the first time was by chance, the second time by choice, although I am confident all Sun Trail drivers/guides are very good. Boujeema was extremely savvy about the history and significance of the sites we visited and he was able to answer our questions even while driving with the utmost care to the next place. His love of his country was contagious.

Our day-tours were planned in advance but he suggested adjustments along the way based on his first-hand knowledge of our interests. Twice he added little side trips, one was to an occupied residence in a small village. His insights I would not have wanted to miss. But most important was his very humanity. It was a pleasure to move through his world with a man of such humility, kindness and warmth. Wandering time on this crazy planet could not have been better spent. I feel deeply connected with Morocco now.

We are already discussing our return trip and will recontact Sun Trials to develop our plans. They are reasonably priced for the quality of accommodations and guides they provide. They not only do the logistics, they truly can customize a trip to your interests. And of course we will ask for Boujeema!

Florida
“Excellent service, very private!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

My husband and I wanted to see as much of Morocco by road, see specific areas and also have the ability to stop where we wanted - so a little bit of everything. We contacted Sun Trails due to the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and they did not let us down. The overall experience was fantastic! Seamless planning, great execution and personalized feedback on the last day.
We were looking for some R&R with history and new experiences. We started in Marrakech and spent time at Ait Ben Haddou, Quarzazate, Erg Chigaga, Zagora, Taroudant, Agadir, Essaouira. We definitely loved Marrakech and all the culture/ character but would highly recommend a night in the Desert at Erg Chigaga dunes past Mhamid - we stayed at Azalai Luxury camps and felt rather royal. The service is definitely beyond 5 stars! The only place we would avoid if we did this next time is Agadir - after several earthquakes, this has blossomed into a very modern/ western sea side town and it wasn't something we fancied especially going from Florida. We were initially over ambitious about trying to do all this and Casablanca, Tangier and Fes but the company kept us real and assured us their recommendations would be better and they were!

The driver - Boujema spoke excellent English and was very respectful of our privacy. Cristian from the office called us pretty much every day to check how things were going. Most of hotels were great except for one and they made ammends immediately and also contacted the hotel to give them feedback. We are vegetarian and I also have a gluten allergy but they made sure we had plenty to eat even in the middle of nowhere in the Sahara. They are not the cheapest. We spoke to at least 2 more companies that provided us similar services for at least 20-30% less but after reading several reviews about experiences especially at Riad's which can be a hit or a miss sometimes in spite of 4 and 5 star ratings online.

Marakech is good for shopping, there are several small towns along the way which are centers of Olive Oil, Carpets (Tazenakht- There is a female cooperative outside the city on the way to Taliouine where local women weave and sell carpets direct to consumer. Amina will fix you up), Argan Oil, Saffron production so definitely wait till you get to these towns to buy since they are cheaper and also benefit the artisans and Berber tribes directly.

Overall, we loved the country, the people, thoroughly enjoyed the shopping and all the experiences. Sun Trails is a great company for a customized and good time in Morocco. If you are vegetarian, Morocco is a great place to visit. Also most places offer corn bread options if you give them a heads up. This way you don't miss the amazing Olive Oil dips.

Boston, Massachusetts
“An agency with great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

I have not traveled yet, but Cristian has been utterly responsive and thorough in working with us afetr our other agency disapeared on us. He was happy to offer suggestions ot us about sights less visited and less touristic. After contacting 7 agencies who had a package all the same, he was the only director to have really done his research and prepared by his experience a unique thoughtful itinerary! I can't wait!!! Thank you Cristian!!!

Milano
“Day Trip to Ait Benhaddou ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

First of all Christian I guess the owner was quick and professional in replying and make it happen.

The day trip was how I expected considering I've done it already

Problem was the guide. He barely spoke and told us anything regarding the sights besides his 12 years of experience.

Most negative part was right at the beginning of the trip when my girlfriend kissed me on the lips twice cause she was excited about the trip and the guide told us to stop kissing and making love as if we were doing such thing,that we must respect his country and that if it was a problem he would turn back to the hotel.

This was very disappointing.

Ask for the right guides if choosing them!!

cris_martinus, Owner at Sun Trails Boutique Morocco Private Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Dear Sir,

Thank you for complimenting me for being quick and professional.
We emailed you twice in the last week regarding this review to understand what happened. We didn't get a reply from you so I decided to find out from Brahim, your driver- guide that day.

Indeed, he asked you to stop kissing in the back of his car. He shouldn't have said that or that otherwise, he would return back to the hotel. That wasn't professional and I apologize for it. As he had never been confronted with such a situation before, his reaction was out of place. He should have called me and I would have kindly asked you to respect his presence. Naturally, we have nothing against people kissing on the lips but making out in the presence of others is quite a different matter.

If you remember, I called you on the phone two hours into the day trip (presumably after the 'incident' with Brahim) and asked you if everything was OK to which you said yes, in a tone that showed being quite satisfied with the day trip so far. I understand that Brahim was out of place with his remark but has that made it so that you didn't enjoy the trip ? I certainly didn't get that feeling from our phone conversation. Brahim can be accused of being perhaps prudish about people making out in his presence. From there to say that he barely spoke the whole trip is a big step though.

It's a pity that you had sent us 6 emails about booking the day trip but you decided to keep this between yourself and Trip Advisor. It's even more of a pity that you have chosen to ignore my 2 emails also. I still hope that despite what happened you have enjoyed your day trip out of Marrakech.

Best.