“The Best Hotel Ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
“The Best Hotel Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Dear Laurent (General Manager) and the Wonderful team at Le Doge; Casablanca,

Thanks a million for making our time an ‘unforgettable’ one in Casablanca! Your hotel is truly a heaven with its tranquillity, elegance and fantastic interiors and not to mention the intriguing history behind the building!

Our Room; it was cleaned everyday with the upmost care and individuality and perfection – the girls were so courteous every time they greeted us!

The Restaurant/Bar; they always had smile in their face and food was yummy – thanks to the Chef, Restaurant Manager and all his professional and kind staff.

The Drivers; were most professional – please pass our special thanks to Mouhssein and Moustapha.

The Reception Staff; everyone was wonderful – Sanaa was very helpful and the lovely lady who checked us in on day of our arrival – please pass our thanks to all.

Breakfast Delivery for our Bedroom; was simply superb – breakfast was so extensive with fresh bakery and delicious cheese & ham, fresh fruit and most homely cooked omelette!! And it arrived exactly (second to second) on time as it was instructed! Very impressive…

Thanks very much again for the most relaxing and happy times in Casablanca and what an intriguing City it is too.

Look forward to visiting Le Doge again.

Best personal wishes
Happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
It is with great pleasure that I receive your congratulations and I am particularly pleased and proud that my team could make you a good stay in Casablanca. I am glad to see you again. I wish you an happy new year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rabat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

A nice hotel , rooms are too small though , service is slow , staff is not multilingual.
BUt overall experience is ok , too expensive though , i would get better for my dime elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
I have considered all your comments. Service issues are being set, the staff who need it most, follow language courses. All rooms and suites are different, some smaller, but a high standard.
The search for quality, is a work, every day, your criticisms help me in this direction.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This really is an extraordinary little find. The clerk tells me all 16 rooms are different, and I hope to work my way through them on future connections. I will stay here again, so I really should give it one star and try to drive away you folks that might fill it up. But I'm too honest.

Nice breakfast, nicely appointed room including, of all things, a remote control for all the lights (I want one of these at home) and a Bose sounddock for iThings. And, of course, just a nicely appointed little boutique kind of style.

The staff is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I, along with another couple, were treated to a wonderful night stay at the hotel. It was great to be greeted with a smile and great service which they are working on. As one of the bellman said to me, "whatever you need to let me know, " and they really appear to mean it. The room was excellent and the dinner/breakfast in the restaurant very enjoyable. quiet, clean, and comfortable.....all for a great stay before flying out. We recommend it if you are looking for an excellent hotel in the city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
This message of sympathy affects us a lot. It is with a great pleasure that our teams have received you, you encourage us to always do better. Thank you.
Gypsum, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hotel and Spa Le Doge richly deserves it's #1 ranking on TripAdvisor! My partner and I have also stayed at the Hyatt in Casablanca, and there's really no comparison between the two - for personal service, a terrific spa, a great restaurant, and beautifully designed rooms, Le Doge is the best. We enjoyed the restaurant for a very reasonably priced gourmet dinner, one of the very best we've had in all of Morocco, and my partner told me that the spa's hammam, sauna, and jacuzzi were also fantastic, and they are all complimentary! The service at all times is pleasant, efficient, and very friendly. This is a terrific hotel; don't miss it if you are traveling to Casablanca!

Room Tip: Every room in this hotel is beautiful; there are no bad choices!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for the nice message that encourages our teams to always improve the quality of reception. This is our daily task.
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Le Doge is an exceptional hotel in Casablanca differentiated with its top quality service and staff. We had few hours in Casa and walked in to have breakfast and use SPA. All of the staff in the hotel did everything to make us feel home. Truly exceptional.. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2011
It was a shared pleasure that we have received. Thank you for this nice comment, which will enable our teams always make for the best.
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and it is fantastic! Nor even Ritz-Carlton has so nice service and comfort.
The art deco is very nice and all the furnitures and bath equipments are top class.
The SPA is fabulous...it is super exclusive that when you book certain period, you will be alone. Hammam, sauna and the jacuzzi are very good and the massage espectacular!
The staff is very kind and patient, though language was a difficult barrier. But since I was not in a rush or stressed, I didn´t mind.
The breakfast is good. Fresh bread basket and a small buffet. You don´t have many options, but for me it was enough. Hot things include scramble eggs (you can order any other type), baked potatoes, bacon, tomato). Fruits, corn flakes, cheese, ham etc are also in the breakfast.
Room is very comfortable: nice bad, small but nice tv, dock station for ipod, very nice bathroom, nespresso machine. Curtains block all daylight during your sleep. I stayed in Josephine Baker room.
The bad thing is that no taxi driver know this hotel. So I just got the address of the hotel very close to Le Doge on Hassan I ave and it was easy. To get a taxi also is hard but I didn´t mind to walk 50m to the main street and wait for a taxi.
I really enjoyed to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you very much for these detailed comments of your stay in our hotel. My team is pleased to be able to get all the desired services. We take note of your desire to see the offer more variety for breakfast.
For taxis, we are working for better recognition of our hotel and make every effort to avoid having to walk to seek.
All these informations will help us improve our hôtel, thank you again
Laurent DELORD - Manager