“Impressive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Tower Hotel

You added Kenzi Tower Hotel to your Saves list
Kenzi Tower Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Twin Center Angle, Blvd Zerktouni, Casablanca 20 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

An impressive building from the outside. In fact it is the tallest building in Morocco. On our arrival, there was no bell boy to assist. However, that, and the poor lighting in the room was the only problem we encountered during our stay. Check in was efficient. We were upgraded to a room on the 25th floor which had an excellent view of Casablanca. The room was big, very big. The bathroom was also big and well designed. The free wifi worked well. Breakfast was up to 5 star standards, apart from the fact that it was basically the same menu every day. Hotel is well located if you like shopping. All the brand stores within easy walking distance. There is a Mosque and many cafes and fast food outlets in the immediate area. Will I stay there again? Definitely yes. Oh, and the Nespresso is not for free

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenzi_Tower_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Kenzi Tower Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for posting this very kind review.

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience with us I was disappointed to read that you did not find on the team the warmth upon your arrival.
on the other hand, It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your room, the view of the city from the bar as well as the variety of the breakfast.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Kenzi Tower.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed 2 nights end of December 2013. Room clean. Excellent breakfast with top viennoiserie and hot dishes. Pool and Jacuzzi very nice. Staff friendly. Bar upstairs relatively expensive for drinks. Located in the center of the city.

Room Tip: If you need non smoking room check before as it was smelling cigarettes.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kenzi_Tower_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Kenzi Tower Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
First of all, we thank you for taking your valuable time to share your comments with us,

We were glad to read that you enjoyed our Location, facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!!

Best regards,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is good, well equipped and the service is fair enough, the only thing which I don't like is the lighting inside the room, which is so dull, I totally understand this is something common in Morroco's hotels that they do it not to save the energy but to cut the cost, of course this doesn't make satisfied when I compare value for money.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Mr.Ghazi,

We would like to thank you for devoting both your time and attention to share with us your experience at the Kenzi Tower Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your overall recent stay with us,
We consider your comments regarding the lighting in the rooms and we have carefully taken note of your remarks that we have already shared it with our Executive Committee.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity not only to welcome you back, but also to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your constructive comments.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The Kenzi Tower Hotel is undoubtedly a 5 Star accommodation. I say so mostly because of its location. Right within the vicinity of restaurants, shopping centers and pubs. On the downside, the top dollars they charge would be worth it only if you manage yourself a room at the top floors. The city view is mesmerizing. The staffs were nice and facilities moderately comparable. The rooms need some amount of renovation and definitely needs some cleanup. Many of the Hotel policies aren’t tourist friendly. I would expect a 5 star Hotel to at least serve complimentary beverages at morning. They don’t!! Even the capsule coffee vending machine in our room wasn’t functional. Alcohol prices are unreasonably steep and the Beers we ordered through room-service wasn’t close to even cold.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir;

Thank you for taking your valuable time to inform us about your last stay at the KENZI TOWER Hotel and we are happy to notice that you did appreciate our location and the city view.

We are aware of all your concerns and we are doing our best to respond to all our client’s needs. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity not only to welcome you back but also to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your constructive comments.

I personally look forward to welcoming you and remain at your entire disposal,

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Below is a letter I wrote to the Kenzi Hotel after a horrible stay with them. As I have received no reply. I thought I would share here.

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to you regarding my stay at the Kenzi Tower in November this year, the reason for the delay in my contact is I was traveling up until recently and I am just catching up on my Trip Advisor reviews. I thought it only fair that before I wrote a review of my stay I gave you the chance to comment.
I must also say I am surprised considering how many of your staff we had to deal with regarding problems that you do not have a "day book" to record these instances and there was no follow up.

If I introduce myself first, hopefully you will see that my comments come from an ex professional in the Hospitality Industry who was frankly shocked at the service we received in your hotel. In my time in hospitality I worked for many top Hotels, and resorts including. The Lanesborough Hotel, London, Cambridge Beaches, Bermuda, Celebrity Cruises and various Michelin and 2 star Michelin restaurants.

We arrived on Sunday 3rd of November 2013, arriving by train from Marrakech we arrived slightly early for check in, but we were greeted warmly and professionally and arranged a room sooner than check in. I am afraid to say that is the last positive comment I have to say about our stay.

The first thing I did in the room was to open a bottle of Champagne, I was shocked at the price, my fault for not reading but no one expects a 1/4 bottle of Champagne to carry the price of 2/3 the price of a bottle in your restaurant. The other hotels I stayed in Morocco on the trip a half bottle was approx your price for a quarter. In my opinion you have just replaced half bottles for quarter bottles and made no adjustment to the price.

We then went for a nice long walk around Casablanca and returned to the hotel. Arriving back at our room I phoned reception to confirm the dress code in the restaurant as I was only traveling with Jeans. I was assured I would be fine, I then asked if a reservation was required and was told there would be no problem to dine at the A La Carte Gourmet restaurant until 10 30PM

We started to get ready for dinner and then entering the bathroom we discovered a leak coming from the Air Conditioning Unit in our bathroom and reported this to reception. To be informed maintenance would be on their way to fix it, it slightly surprised me that no offer to move rooms or a manager to be on the scene, as I would have expected in the 5 Star Hotels I stay in and have worked in.
As we were half undressed to use the bathroom and were expecting maintenance to arrive, we looked for the bathrobes, only to find there was only one! A couple staying in a double room in a 5 Star Hotel and only one robe Another call to reception and the promise a robe would be sent up straight away. Maintenance arrived before the robe, so I had to jump into bed to protect my modesty!
When the panel of the air conditioning was removed the leak turned to a flood, so at that point I phoned reception and said we had to move rooms as our bathroom was now flooded. Did your manger rush to our room...NO, instead the mobile phone rang with your maintenance team, it amazes me that professional hotel staff still think the English can only speak one language and are happy to have a conversation in front of us and about us presuming we have no idea what is going on. Not only do I find this un professional but also highly insulting. A few minutes later we finally had a member from your front of house team come to see us. " Come this way, I am terribly sorry about the inconvenience, we have moved you to a wonderful room, there is some complimentary champagne on ice for you “ was what I would have expected, but not what happened, what actually happened was the worst service I have had in any hotel but in a 5 Star was shocking. " would you like to take a shower in another room? " I was gob smacked you market the hotel as Casablanca's finest 5 star hotel yet we were being offered Youth Hostel facilities, how can anyone expect a guest to wander around the corridors of a hotel and stay in a room with a flooded bathroom!
Eventually we were moved rooms, to a smoking room, we had booked a non smoking room, it just smacks of lazy practice and no attention to detail, hardly the attributes of a 5 star hotel. In my professional capacity I have never moved a customer due to a complaint to a horizontal room grade, always always in these circumstances an upgrade.........but we were moved to a smelly smoking room!

A quick shower instead of a relaxing bath and we might still make dinner. On arrival at the restaurant we found it in darkness. Enquiring at the bar and saying we would like dinner, the answer that greeted should have been no surprise, as we were told yes we could have dinner, but tomorrow night. We then went to your brassiere which was now empty with staff who looked at us with daggers if we so much as dared to step inside as we had rudely interrupted them lounging on the buffet counter.

Then off to reception, still no comments or apology about the debacle with the bathroom, we informed the manager that the restaurants were closed and could we get dinner nearby, he did not seem to care that we had been told that the A La Carte Restaurant was open till 10 30 and we would have no problem dining there, instead he recommended the cafe across the street. He actually replaced the idea of gourmet dining and fine wine with a cafe and soft drinks! We did take a look at the Cafe over the road, but sitting down and attempting to order anything was a disaster so we gave that up as a bad job and decided we would settle for a sandwich with room service.

Arriving back at the hotel we thought a quick drink in the bar, there were approx 6 people enjoying a drink in the bar but when I requested a drink I was informed the bar had closed and had done at 10 30, it was 10 30 on my watch, but we could treck in the lift to the 28th Floor for a drink?

You are not the best 5 Star Hotel, in Casablanca you do not even rate comparably to the Ibis Hotel at the station, we popped in there while we waited for our train back to Marrakech and were treated to professional service, tasty bar food, that filled a gap before a long train journey, and clean and pleasant surroundings. With staff at reception and at the bar that cared more about a customer walking in off the street for a drink than any of your staff cared about a guest staying in a 5 star hotel.

I await your comments

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with 2 colleagues, each in his own room in a different floor which was awkward. But during our 4 nights stay, we were generally happy with the service. We had only one issue at check out where my colleague's insulin ice pack was lost by the room service staff. They found it later and gave it to us but our friend had already checked out and left to the airport for s flight.
Other than this, we found the hotel generally clean, with good services overall.
I hated to see their 28th floor which has a gorgeous view on the city unused for breakfast which could have been a great location for the morning.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors for better view of the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I am deeply sorry for the difficulties you went through because of the loss of your insulin ice pack.
The breakfast served on the top floor is a very nice idea which would deserve to be studied.
We hope to welcome you back in a near future,
Yours Sincerely,
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Arrived late with 3 colleagues to the hotel. Restaurants were closed at 10pm. Hotel bar does not serve any food (not even sandwiches). Requested room service menu to be served in the hotel bar. Was told this was not possible. Only option was for four of us to eat in one of our rooms. For a 5 star hotel, you would think that there is the option to eat food at 11pm in the hotel bar (especially as no one else was there). Night manager was totally inflexible on his approach. Breakfast for $30 was way too expensive too. Will be staying at sofitel next time!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Kenzi Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!