“Tried it twice” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ibis Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Booking.com Agoda.com
Ibis Casablanca City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ou Hmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #20 of 68 hotels in Casablanca
Binghamton, New York
“Tried it twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the Ibis on two separate occasions for a total of six days. Their level of service is quite consistent - terrible!
The desk staff are rude and unhelpful, the restaurant staff are almost as bad. The rooms are small, the towels thin and small. The breakfast mediocre.
It is hard to imagine not being able to do better.

Room Tip: The higher the quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have promised myself not to go to any Ibis in the world. But then I arrived very tired and the hotel booked for me did not reach my standard after searching, I told myself why not try Ibis once again. Every thing was going well, absolutely well untill the eve of my departure 23 march when I was expecting a bag from someone, I ask the person to drop it at the reception. When I arrived I ask at the reception if there was a bag for me, room … the guy at the reception ask me what was it, I said a bag, then he ask the color, I said I do not know, then he step back and chek left right and said "no, there is not". I said Ok. Then I left in the evening to see my colleagues to that other hotel where I was suppose to drop 2 bag (one was already with me and I have been told there is no other bag), so I eventually went with the only one I had, for me just to arrive at my colleagues hotel and to be reinsured that the bag was at my hotel reception since 2pm. I came back all the way to pick it and when I arrive I ask the guy " you told me there is no bag", he answered "yes because you did not know the colour of the bag"! I was shocked because there is very big difference between, "there is no bag" while there was a bag and you needed to confirm the color! And he started laughing!!!!!! I told him it is not funny at all, because I am just from where I was supposed to drop the bag because you told me there is no bag and I have to go back instead of feeling sorry, you are laughing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hakim M, Directeur général at Ibis Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear,

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at ibis Casablanca City Center.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of ibis hotels, despite your unsatisfactory experience.
Nantes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed a week because we were visiting a family in a poor part of the city. They did not have room for us. Hotel was good, clean, comfortable. Wifi etc bit the meal menus in the restaurant and bar are very limited. OK for a couple of days but as we were eating out was good for a week. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hakim M, Directeur général at Ibis Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Casablanca City Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a smoking hotel. Even rooms labeled "non-smoking" have cigarette burns on the furniture and smell of cigarettes. The entire entry lobby is smoking. In your room, the air system shoots smoke on you at all hours.

The service staff is friendly and quick to serve your needs.

The breakfast doesn't offer many fruits or vegetables or proteins.

The city of Casablanca suffers extensively from pollution from industry, cars, and cigarettes.

Room Tip: Roll the dice with this hotel. .. . . .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Casablanca City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

It all comes down to the service that you get and how it is delivered. We arrive late and tired after our initial flight from DC had been cancelled. We arrived a day later and I knew that our first night was lost. No problem with that, I knew i had lost the first night. I wrote the hotel only to advise of our late arrival.

We arrive at 11.30 pm, the lobby was full of people speaking very loudly, full of cigarette smoke.. Again no problem and welcome to Morocco.

The receptionist was mechanical and unfriendly. They had actually moved my reservation a day confirming receipt of my email. The receptionist could have capitalized in at least have asked who our trip had been. The internet code was given given, I later had to go down to get the code. They had no maps ti give if Casablanca. I had to go next door at the Novotel (part of the Accor).

The room typical ibis, very simple. Clean but again in the details it would have beed better. The only thing that stood out was how fresh the air in the room was. No chemical smell good to cover cigarette smells... I liked that.

The hotel is centrally located. Hassan 2 Mosque is 15minutes walk, and our way back we entered the old medina. The port is 4 blocks away where you have 2 good restaurants - Ostrea and the Restaurant du Port . Casa Port train station is 2 blocks away.

I guess I would return. I think that with a little more focus on being empathetic and caring, this hotel could gain much ground. We did nit eat at the hotel.

If you plan on spending anytime at the hotel except for sleeping, this hotel is not for you.the rooms are very tight and the lobby is unfriendly. In that case upgrade to the Novotel or Sofitel, both in the same complex.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking - we are very particular and luckily ours had no smell or chemicals that were in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Good
Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Clean en suite bathroom with shower. Climate control includes both heat and air. The usual amenities. TV with channels in various languages, including English. Strong wifi signal throughout the hotel, included in the room price.
Breakfast, of some sort, began service at 4:30 in the morning. This came in handy as we had to leave at 5 to catch our flight.
The Bad
As is typical with Ibis, breakfast is not included in the room cost and is outrageous in its price.
The Ugly
The restaurant food was as underwhelming as the price was overwhelming. There is *NO* reason to eat here. There are several tasty and less expensive restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Spare your taste-buds, and wallet, the affront.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights, before and after our organized tour. Smiles go a long way to get assistance at the front desk and to hail a taxi back to the airport. Wifi in common area, couple computers in lobby. Breakfast and dinner were for convenience and offerings were enough. Was able to change US dollars for dirhams there three times. Bazaar is across the street and a 5 minute walk. Beware of hustlers that attach themselves to you and follow you do be cautious of being taken ie CDs and Aegean oil.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear,

Been to Ibis Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!