“Clean, central and good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Casablanca City Center

You added Ibis Casablanca City Center to your Saves list
Ibis Casablanca City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Zaid Ou Hmad | Rue Sidi Belyout, Casablanca 20190, Morocco   |
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Clean, central and good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed overnight in Casa coming from Essaouira on the CTM bus. We had booked this IBIS (note there are at least 2 possibly more in Casa), and were delighted to find that the hotel is under 10 minutes walk from the bus station. Based on the reviews we were not expecting much but our view is that this is a very good chain hotel, well built and operated. We have stayed in many of the cheaper chain hotels in the USA that are inferior to this. The staff were a bit offhand (which is a bit of a cultural thing in Morocco), but efficient and we checked in without incident. The room on the 14th floor (1401 at the end of the hall), was clean, well serviced and quiet. The bed was full length and extremely comfortable and all of the room amenities worked fine.
We ate breakfast in the morning before departing for Casa Voyager station and from there to the airport. The breakfast was unexceptional but at 60dh each it was fine.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hakim M, Directeur général at Ibis Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Casablanca City Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

this hotel has a clean, comfortable, simple rooms in a good location, Best nights sleep we had in Morocco. If you book online beforehand , you can save a lot of money compared to booking at the front desk. I found the staff were helpful, especially if you make an effort to chat to them. We didn't eat at the hotel so cant comment on the complaints of others below about breakfast (why would you eat at the hotel!? better off going to the market for some better food or the nearby Place des Nations-Unies which is 5 min walk and has loads of nice cafes etc.). Value for hotel was good , This is not a luxury hotel, but if you're looking for a clean, safe, comfortable hotel, this is your place. Would definitely stay again. and youre def better off here than the other Ibis in Casa next to Voyageurs station

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This review is very much belated but only because I thought I had previously reviewed this hotel. The fact that I hadn't already provided a review of this hotel means that I really must have been trying to block out the whole experience. My husband and I enjoyed an absolutely lovely two week vacation to Morocco in November 2011. Our stay in Casablanca was for one night and necessitated by the timing of our departing international flight. Because we were only staying in Casablance for such a short period, we went with the Ibis Hotel for cost and ease of airport transit. It was the worst (and only bad) hotel experience of the entire trip. Upon arrival to Casablanca, we got lost trying to find the hotel and were mugged at a stoplight. Obviously, not the hotel's fault, but needless to say, I was a tad shaken up and upset by the time we arrived at the hotel. I was tearful when we checked in and the front desk clerk looked at me like I had the plague. When my husband explained what had happened and why I was upset, the clerk stared at us with blank eyes and sort of a "what do you want me to do about it?/I could care less" look-no offer of assistance to call police, doctor (I got a tad bruised in the melee) or anything. When I needed to contact my employer to have my stolen blackberry deactivated, there was some sort of problem with the computers/internet in the lobby. When I asked for assistance from the front desk, I received a very rude response and was offered no assistance. After 45 minutes and figuring out the issue myself, I was able to send a single email. Yup, 45 minutes to send a single email. The foregoing aside (I can get over the lax customer service/lack of humanity), the hotel itself was absolutely and positively disgusting. The 24-7 smoke in the lobby was enough to give a person lung cancer-I would rather be confined to an airport smoking room for hours than return to this hotel lobby. The rooms were simple and basic-functional and exactly what we expected. The cleanliness, however, was dubious. We were so ready to leave the next morning that we departed for the airport an hour earlier than planned. Didn't matter though-due to the garbage airport instructions we were begrudgingly given by the front desk (who made it perfectly clear that our request for this information was annoying), we got lost and almost missed our flight home. Wouldn't send my worst enemy here. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in some sketchy and dumpy places, but this ranks in top 5 worst-no question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Casablanca City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to pay extra for breakfast but that was so not worth it. All food just felt sad and poor and not even the orange juice and moroccan mint tea was fresh nor "the real thing". No, not worth the extra money at all.

But the rooms where clean and the staff in reception was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hakim M, Directeur général at Ibis Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Clean,small rooms ,overpriced at just over 100 $ aust that is for morocco ,close to medina,but backed by Novotel and Sofitel which were very overpriced,but it seems they hod the market in this area. Hotel staff did there job but that was all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear,

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at ibis Casablanca City Center.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.
If you agree to give me your telephone number, I will ring to discuss the matter directly with you and provide you with the most pertinent answers.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of ibis hotels, despite your unsatisfactory experience.

Once again, we thank you and hope to win back your trust.
Riga, Latvia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The description of the breakfast in this hotel starts and ends with NO. No fruit salad- in Morocco, can you imagine? No omelette, no good coffee, no refill of your Camelbak water bottle, no attitude of the staff, no small spoons to that end. Ibis is supppsed to be good for the price, but it never says it's a cheap marginal mess. So, Casablancan Ibis, get blasted!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

Been to Ibis Casablanca City Center? Share your experiences!