“Dont expect to sleep when the nightclub is open” 2 of 5 stars

Villa Blanca Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard de la Corniche, Casablanca 20050, Morocco   |
Ranked #42 of 68 Hotels in Casablanca
Melbourne Australia
“Dont expect to sleep when the nightclub is open”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I was finishing 3 weeks in Maroc, had been on a tour with low grade accomodation and choose to stay here for a nice "last night" when another property nearby ended up being fully booked.
No non-smoking rooms available and my room stank, I do not mean that you could tell it had been used by smokers, this room really stank of cigarett smoke.
Had trouble ordering room service, ordered linguine and cheese platter and received linguine and cheeseburger, staff tried to get me to sign for the cheese burger and when I asked for the cheese platter again I was told "no, its for children only".
After checking in and discussing with reception staff about how tired I was I was shown to a room that was directly connected to the SkyBar, no sleep was possible and I was eventually moved to another room that was still noisey, but not actually moving to the beat of the music.
You can either be a hotel or a bar not both.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Loosdrecht, Nederland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

After being in 2 different hotels in both Casablanca and Marrakech, we ended our trip with a 2-day stay at the Villa Blanca Hotel in Casablanca.

When checking in we immediately got an upgrade to the Junior Suite.

The suite is not that big, but very comfortable. Bedroom and living are seperated and very nice decorated. The room immediately gave us a feeling as if we are in our own home, which is very pleasant.

Room is clean, the bed is heaven! Slept like a baby. The staff is very kind and all speak good English.

The hotel has 2 restaurants, Relais the Paris and Loubnane, and a bar, the Skybar. We have had dinner at the Relais the Paris for 4 times now during our 12-day stay (4 days Casablanca, 6 days Marrakech and then 2 days back in Casablanca) and the Chateau Briand is TO DIE FOR!!!! Simply the best we've ever had! The restaurant is packed every night. When you arrive and there is no table available, you get a beeper and can consume a drink at the Skybar. They beep you when your table is ready (on a busy Saturday night we've had to wait for approx. 15 minutes! Not bad at all!!)

The Skybar and restaurant Loubnane are one of the most popular hotspots in Casablanca at the moment. There is a night club too, heard about it many times, but we didn't visit it.

Since we decided we would need a pool for the last 2 days of our stay, we can't give you a review about the pool. They are renovating it at the moment. But we will be back here in April 2011, so will keep you posted on that.

Conclusion: we highly recommand a stay at the Villa Blanca hotel if you're keen on a very comfortable, clean and homely stay abroad!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mexico DF
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

It might be unfair to give this hotel two stars, because the room was clean and nice, the food great, (the french restaurant is superbe), and has a very nice bar.
My complains towards this place is concerning their personnel.
I had a reservation for a car rental that the agency canceled me, so I asked in the front desk if they could help me with the telephone of Avis, Budget or any other car rental agency. The man at the front desk made a phone call and told me that he would solve my problem. He then told me that he had a car but that I had to wait for three hours and someone would deliver it to the hotel. I thought it was a minor detail and decided to wait, then the car arrived...Actually it was some friend of the receptionist with a Ford Fiesta lookalike (I asked for a medium sedan), wich was obiously not a rental car since it had modifications (stereo, carpets, seats cover, dirty with cigarette burns, etc), and the "rental" told me not to call the numbers of the suposed contract but his cell phone. Of course I refused the car and asked for the Avis number, wich they refused to give me!!! Since they were calling somebody else...I had to get the number on my BlackBerry and made the car rental on my own...

The hotel is very nice but I would certainly not recommend anyone to stay in a hotel in wich the personel tries to scam you instead of helping you.

I stayed on my return on the Sheraton and even if it's an older not trendy hotel, I feel sure that perssonel are not trying to scam you...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
RALEIGH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

very nice hotel i think the best in casa love the restaurant perfect steak sauce and fries love the club and the sky bar the only thing that hated is the security the bouncers we were 8 of us 3 guys and 5 girls trying to get to the skybar and at the door there was this short security guy said that u cant get in because its full inside and it was not full because after one of my friends gived him 50 dh we got in .my message is its a shame that a place like that have non profesional bouncers

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Blanca Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!