“Very nice hotel but huge sound problem” 2 of 5 stars

You added Villa Blanca Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Villa Blanca Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard de la Corniche, Casablanca 20050, Morocco   |
Ranked #41 of 69 Hotels in Casablanca
“Very nice hotel but huge sound problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, nice clientele, excellent food in the restaurants. Breakfast is a bit poor though. Spa is nice and excellent price-quality deal.

The ground floor hosts a nice and trendy club, yesterday at 1.30 after a few drinks I came back to my room and I could completely hear all the sound!!!! I was on the second floor so cannot imagine the peole who have a room on first floor. It lasted until 3am!!!!! The sound was so strong that furniture was vibrating.

I suggest it ONLY if you want to party hard and you are sure you won't get tired before 3am, otherwise say goodbye to your sleep!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Casablanca, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel disco kept me awake every night. The staff didn't care. One expects to sleep in a hotel, especially at the price paid. The location was decent, but a bit far from any attractions. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed there for a couple of days in September 2012. The staff, besides the bell boy, are not at all accommodating. That's not the worst part.
After the first night I woke up and COVERED with bites on my lower torso. Thought it could be allergies so let it slide. Second night, more bites! this time on my legs, back and arms. Discussed it with my friends and she got it too. My boyfriend only had a few marks showing on his legs. Another friend had a look and confirmed it was bed bugs mark!! Told the staff we want to change the room and showed him the bite marks. Make a complaint and he suggested for the doctor to visit. When I agreed to it, he said "That'd be the minimum charge of 300 Dirham" WHAT A NERVE!! Finally got our room changed but told the staff we're not paying for the doctor or the night. So no doctor was sent for me and sure enough they charge us. Upon check out, we demand to talk to the manager, but the concierge said the manager said it's Saturday and can't be reached. Moreover, she said I could have eaten something bad, got allergic to it and just claiming for bed bugs (despite the fact that there are other guests who got the bite marks as well!). Since we need to rush to the airport, we paid.
Came back home and went straight to the hospital where the doctor confirmed that it was bed bugs!! I have over 300 marks in total spreading on my entire body. How do I know? Since I've been back I have to take 30 minutes every morning and night to apply Dermovate to every mark to avoid them to scar. After an injection, three doses of medication, and so many Dermovate and scar-prevented ointment cream, it is now better. But the marks ARE STILL VISIBLE. And I had to quarantined my luggages and all my clothes since I feared that the bugs may got into my bags and brought them home with me.
It is truly a nightmare.
Think twice before you choose this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

went there with couple of friends well let me tell you if you don't tip the bouncers good luck .
Bottle service really bad and everyone is just after the tip OMG it was ridicules
I think we just got Ripped off !!!!!! thank god I don't live there and won't go back !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Small hotel with nice restaurant and lounge. Excellent food, goos wine list and good service. I highly recommend this place as one of the most trendy places in Casa.
Nighclub around the corner

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed only one night in Casablanca, all I wanted was to rest and sleep after 7 hours of flight. I arrived at almost 10 pm the receptionist was kind with good welcoming. I ran into my room and there was a horrible sewer smell in it. After complaining, all what they did was to spray another horrible perfum in the room. The breakfast was cheap comparing to the price payed seperatly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 3 friends. We are all American and were meeting up for our annual girlfriends getaway. We went to Marrakech for a few days and then Casablanca for a couple of days. When we arrived at the hotel for check in, we were told that while they knew we had a reservation, it couldnt be located. Then after about 45min, we were put in a room with 1 bed even though we had reserved a room with 2 beds (there were 4 of us). The hotel tried to accomodate us by brining in 2 twin size mattresses into the room but they just made the small room feel smaller. Within 5 minutes we received a call from the front desk stating that they were going to move us to a room with 2 beds. Once settled into our proper room, we were very pleased. As other reviews mention, it is LOUD/NOISY on the bottom floors. We were on the 2nd floor and I didnt sleep at all the first night. It was a Friday night, apparently a big club night in Casablanca. My friends slept fine though so maybe it varies based on how light of a sleeper you are. Anyway, we truly enjoyed the experience until our last afternoon at the hotel. We decided to get massages in the spa. Since there were 4 of us and they only had 3 workers, we had to go in sets of 2. Which was fine with us. 2 of us went down at 5pm and the other 2 came down at 5:30pm. When we go there around 5pm, we were called to the back. I went into the room and changed. After a really great massage that lasted about 15 minutes, she left the room and I changed back into my clothes confused. I dont speak French but when someone came in, while I was getting dressed, and say "C'est bon", I nodded because I didnt quite know what the question meant. Once I left the room, I could hear my friend complaining at the spa desk. (This was around 5:20pm) I went to find her and ask her about her massage. We both commented on how short they were which was an issue because we'd signed up for and paid for a 45min massage. My friend complained that her actual massage was horrible as well as too short. The spa manager (Waffa) agreed to have my friend come back at 7pm to get a better massage and for the full time. However, when I approached her and asked for the same benefit of getting my additional 30 min, she said that I had had a 45 min massage and nothing was wrong with mine until I talked to my friend. Mind you, it was just hitting 5:30pm at this point so how was I even able to have a 45min massage when 45min hadnt even gone by??? Anyway, she started raising her voice and speaking in French. We left and went to the front desk to complain about her behavior. Then after 2-3min at the front desk, she comes upstairs and starts yelling across the lobby to the gentleman that we were explaining the situation to. He asked her to come over and speak quietly but she continued to speak in French and yell while walking around. It was HORRIBLE customer service and quite uncalled for! We went upstairs to our room and decided that instead of fighting to return for longer (and better) massages, we would just forget it. So they didnt add the charge to our bill and we relaxed in our room. Our friends did receive the full 45min and had better massages.

Also, we did eat in the restaurant for lunch one day and loved it. The drinks were strong, the service was great and the food was delicious. Would defintely go back to the hotel and restaurant, just not to the Spa!

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors if you dont want to be disturbed by the music and cars on the street.