“Decent room not the best location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residence Rihab

You added Hotel Residence Rihab to your Saves list
Hotel Residence Rihab
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Secteur Balneaire et Touristique | Cité Founty Lot. N° G15, Agadir 80 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #32 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Agadir
London, United Kingdom
“Decent room not the best location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We arrived at the hotel after an exhausting journey from London to Marrakech to Agadir, so you can imagine after a day and a half of just travelling the site of our hotel will be relieving. The hotel was located in a derelict area; you could probably hear a pin drop! It had a grand entrance which looked gorgeous the lobby and the seating area was lovely. Staff were friendly (yes the door man was very kind) so all in all first impression was good.

The rooms were nicely decorated; the bathroom was clean and spacious. We could’ve done with a few more utensils in the kitchen but we just had to make do with what we had.

Maids were friendly and changed our sheets, towels and cleaned everything everyday. At one occasion I left my phone on the room and few valuables forgetfully and when I came back I found everything still there, nothing went missing it was all put away to one side. So the maids were trustworthy.

The closest part of the beach is about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel. Agadir beach was lovely it is probably one of the most beautiful beached I have ever been to, my boyfriend who has been to many more places than me also agreed with this. We took day trips to the Small Sahara ate with Berber families and visited Tiznit and fishing villages, it was very nice. Agadir souk was good and very big; we had a bad experience while we were there as a local was following us everywhere and demanded money so we could not really experience the souk in peace. We visited the Kasbah in the high mountain and wow the view form up there…was unexplainable, you could see the marina and the stretch of Agadir beach and the whole of Agadir. Pictures are not the same as being up there and seeing it with your own eyes! We also went to the birds valley which was really nice, we got to see parrots and wallaby’s and monkeys, flamingos you name it., was really good experience. The area altogether was lovely and peaceful; if you want a relaxing lazy holiday I would recommend Agadir for sure. If you are self caterers there is a hypermarket (equivalent to Tesco’s) close to the hotel and is the biggest there called Marjane, as the taxi driver to take you there.

The bad point of the hotel were that the hotel was located about 30-45 minutes away from the main street (10-15 minutes drive) so if you ever wanted to reach McDonald’s or the kebab shops & restaurants you will have to do a fair bit of walking or spending! If you choose to travel, do it with the orange petit taxis. A journey should roughly cost you 20 dirham, make sure set the price before you get in the car or they will charge you a ridiculous amount and you will have to pay up.

The other bad aspect was that the balcony was overlooking each others room so you could literally see in to everyone’s rooms; there is no privacy when you had the curtains open. I personally did not experience any cockroaches apart from the last day I found a dead one next to my luggage, I guess it wanted to sneak in and wanted to come back with us so it can have a trip to London but didn’t succeed. But I had a macho man there with me to sort out the dead cockroach! :) Other than that there was no more appearance of scary bugs!

Yes the balcony door had broken locks, but there was no way a person could climb up to our balcony and let them in, so it didn’t bother us and stayed put.

I can most positively say it is not a terrible hotel or unhygienic, I have been to hotels that had chewing gums on the floor dirty bathroom and places that you can actually name terrible, however, the Rihab was genuinely clean and was looked after.

I wouldn’t go back to Rihab again purely because of the distance from where the main beach and street were. I like being close to the main attractions so it easy to get to and get back. The hotel is not the best in Agadir but is decent, if you aren’t happy with decent then I suggest pull out a bit more money and opt for a 5*.

• Liked — Clean & spacious room
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Englang
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Absolutely terrible experience at this hotel. I stayed here in July 2008. We arrived expecting a 4 star hotel, we received more a 2, -if that. Completely unhygienic and a disgusting odour originating from the hotel itself. If cockroaches are your thing, then this is the hotel for you, if not I adivise you to spend a bit more time and money finding a better hotel, its easily done because this one was atrocious. Nothing at all good to say about this place except the doorman who was friendly - but who would choose to stay at a disguting hotel for a friendly doorman? Avoid like the plague. Try atlantic, asni, or latekida beach, they were brilliant.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Residence Rihab? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Residence Rihab

Address: Secteur Balneaire et Touristique | Cité Founty Lot. N° G15, Agadir 80 000, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Souss-Massa-Draa Region > Agadir
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service
Ranked #32 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Agadir
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Residence Rihab 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Hotel Residence Rihab reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Residence Rihab, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.