“A very honest review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 82 hotels in Agadir
Dublin, Ireland
“A very honest review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

If first impressions were to last....or if I wrote this the day after I arrived it would have been a terrible review. I arrived with my Mother, I'd booked 2 single rooms adjoining / sea view/ all inclusive ... No porter to take the luggage from taxi , receptionist missing found her on her personal phone chewing gum not a great start... Then to be told I'd reserved only "one twin room sea view all inclusive" and that my request for ajoining rooms had been successful , so how do make one twin ajoining??? After a long wait 53 minutes they gave us the 2 rooms despite having written confirmation and followed with a phone call they insisted I booked one room ... This was sorted later on Monday and in fairness they apologised.
I have to say and it's about my 20th time to Agadir , the hotel rooms are the best I've come across in the resort, lovely bathrooms and to my surprise 4 good English channels on the TV ! Now I will concur with fellow traveller reviews that that if you looked there was a bit of dust here and there but that can blow in from the beach due to location , the maids were excellent, very attentive however the mainlands as mentioned is disastrous - I reported broken air-conditioning in my mothers room , it was still broke no the day we left ( reported 3 times) and the safe in my room was locked on arrival and again reported twice - nothing happened
Pools are excellent ..a few chipped tiles ...towels provide but what makes this hotel are the bar and waiting staff .. The pool bar staff are the best I've come across in a long time , the dining staff were excellent ... A few tips go a long way ...it's really appreciated by the staff. The food is ok... I personally find that All Inclusive is pretty much repetitive everywhere ..the fresh juice in the morning is a major plus, I could the food ok but a little repetitive ...my final comment is to the manager - the staff in the " Stone Bar" I the evening are a disgrace ...they ruin the hotels reputation and I will concur with every single comment that has been made on the site, rude, obnoxious , lazy.... If the hotels reputation was to be based on them my ratting would be zero,

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1,003 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

i was in 17 of October until 20 th ...when we arrive know one say hello or welcome to royal atlas ...we check in , with bad welcome ....only one girl in whole reception .....know one explain for us what they have from facilitates ....we already have package for half board ...bad breakfast ...very bad dinner my wife and my son have diarrhea after dinner .....staff very bad only they need tips to
talk or help us ....rooms not bad ...view good .....no light enough between rooms u feel like living in cave ....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gosport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Originally booked to stay at the Decameron Hotel but was upgraded to the Atlas and I wasn't disappointed, the room was lovely, spacious and with a sea view. Unfortunately on the second day of our holiday I was taken ill with Appendicitis and was rush into Hospital leaving my 19 yr old daughter on her own I needn't of worried as the staff looked after her. On my return to the Atlas after 3 days in hospital the Hotel manger arranged for me to have mine and my daughters food specially made and to be brought to my room if I wanted. I can't thank him and all the staff enough although our holiday wasn't how we planned and I couldn't experience everything the Hotel had to offer we were made to feel very special. We will be returning next year. Would definitely recommend the Atlas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ostrava, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel has the best location, just 50 m to centre of Agadir with many bars, restaurant, shops and close to new Marina. Food was amazing, staff very friendly, I enjoyed every minute in this hotel. There is i disco called Actress Bar, really great one.

Room Tip: All are great situated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
nasser l, Public Relations Manager at Royal Atlas, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest
On behalf of the management and staff of the royal atlas hotel i would like to thank you for your input on trip advisor .
Its always a pleasure to know if someone did enjoy their holiday and we promise to keep our standards in order to improve the service that gust deserve.
we are committed and dedicated and will go the extra mile for guest satisfaction.
we will be happy to welcome you any time you wish to revisit the hotel.
Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is a real five star. The facilities are top notch. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and very clean. The pool area is gorgeous and spacious. Excellent food and beverage service- attention to details, high customer service skills and goes the extra mile- just flawless.
The entertainment for the evening ends very early and the singer does not stay very long. If you are lucky the singing entertainment in the stone bar will last 30 minutes. It seems like the guests want to stay and have fun but the music is cut short and slow songs start play so that people can leave.
Things that did not make sense for a 5 star : access to the gym after 4 pm will cost you 13$ pp
The jacuzzi will run you 20$ pp, the Internet will be 37$ for 6 days per device! So you have one access code per device pp . Please note that there is nothing extravagant about these services and they are usually included in 5 star resorts but not here...
Beach is lovely, sun is always shining - one thing is that people are not using the garbage cans enough and you may find objects on the beach even glass- toddlers be aware.
Overall great experience and facilities! Bravo especially to food and beverage service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

For a supposedly 5-star hotel, the Royal Atlas was a real disappointment. It starts at check-in, with the generally unfriendly 'welcome' and the sheet of paper thrust into your hand outlining everything that your all-inclusive package doesn't include.

Whilst the hotel may have three restaurants, we were only allowed to eat in the Italian and Moroccan restaurants once each during our 8-night stay...although we couldn't actually book into the Moroccan at all. You are advised to book into each at least 24 hours beforehand and, when trying to book into the Moroccan on a Wednesday evening for either the Thursday, Friday or Saturday evenings, we were told by a very unhelpful staff member that they couldn't fit us in. We asked reception if we could perhaps visit the Italian instead for a second time as it had been reasonably nice, but the receptionist couldn't have been less helpful or more disinterested!

This leaves your all-inclusive meal option as being the awful buffet restaurant which seems to cater for people who don't mind what they're eating, as long as they can have 7 plates of it! We managed just two nights and then spent the rest of our holiday going out for dinner in the evenings as the quality was so bad.

The hotel itself is fine with a nice pool area, decent rooms and good staff at the pool bar etc, but is let down primarily by the food. If you're thinking about staying here, we'd recommend B&B only (as the breakfast was quite good) and then going out for dinner in the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Originally booked to stay at the Decameron hotel but were upgraded to the atlas. Having stayed at the atlas when it first opened i was happy to be returning.
Atlas staff were happy to accomodate our needs and no shortage of english speaking staff.
Comfortable clean rooms with daily maid service.
Pool area is lovely and appeared to be plenty of beds avaliable despite the hotel being full. Fresh towels for use by the pool avaliable daily.
Private section of the beach for use by hotel guests right opposite hotel.
Purpose of visit was my boyfriends 30th and the staff were happy to make this a special occassion and nothing was too much trouble......room service and they even laid on a cake and birthday announcement.
Even entertainment can be fun if you get involved.
Great week, lots of fun and 6 happy guests.
Service has improved greatly since my first visit and after 2 stays here, If I come to Morocco again I wouldnt hesitate to stay here a 3rd time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest
we will be happy to welcome you any time you wish to revisit the hotel.

Been to Royal Atlas? Share your experiences!