“Best Review of 2010” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Village Agador

You added Caribbean Village Agador to your Saves list
Caribbean Village Agador
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard du 20 Aout, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #42 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Bolton, Manchester
“Best Review of 2010”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is the most honest review you will read for this hotel.
I give this hotel 9/10 - read to see why!

Firstly I am 26 and went away with my younger brother and a friend.
Not for a lads holiday as such...just a cheap holiday with daily activities i.e football, volleyball, water polo and it cost me £500 for 11 nights.

Rooms -
The room quality was the only downside of the hotel. We didn’t have air con and there wasn't a fridge. You also have to pay for the safe which worked out at £20 for the 11 nights. Putting that aside, the rooms were cleaned every day and the air con wasn't needed as the room was always cool.

Pools-
There are 3 pools staggered around the hotel. One pool has basketball and water polo nets.

Food-
Food quality was very good. I was quite surprised how good the food was as it’s only a 3 star hotel. There are a few smaller restaurants which you have to book in advance for. These are all free but as they are smaller you do have to book them. Theres a steak house, pizza house, fish house, Chinese and some more. I would recommend these as the food quality is better and it makes a change from keep eating in the main restaurant. All these smaller restaurants are staggered around the hotel complex.

Beach-
Great beach with a bar for your all inclusive drinks. The hotel has its own private area that is roped off so the Moroccan sellers can’t come up and bother you. The beach is 5 min walk from the end of the hotel complex.

Daily Activities-
I chose this hotel because I'm very sporty and I wasn't let down. Every day there were a handful of sporting activities from darts, volleyball, football, table tennis and the list goes on. It was very well organised. There is also a crazy golf course which is free all day.

Gym-
The standard gym at the hotel was very poor. There was hardly anything in it and one machine didn’t work properly. There is a ‘5 star’ gym above reception but you have to pay for it. Its approx £5 per hour or £20 for 6 days. I would definitely recommend this gym as its very big and well equipped with a punching bag and treadmills etc.

At Night-
The Animation Team are excellent.
Obviously Im 26 so didn't watch any of the children shows but for kids under 16 it’s great.
There is a Theatre in the complex and every 4 nights or so the Animation Team would put a show on. When I was there they had Cats, Aladdin and the Lion King. Ok I did watch a little bit and it was very good. As I say above, kids under 16 will love this hotel.
When the shows weren’t on the Animation Team would get the hotel guests up to play games and there was plenty of music with lots of dancing every night.

Tips for your stay-
Please read it’s really useful!!!
Morocco is a country where tipping is a way of life.
Now I know what a lot of the think.....I'm not tipping, I've paid for this holiday and the hotel staff should treat me just the same if I tip or not. Lets be honest guys we live in a REAL world and I promise you, your stay will be much better if you do a bit of tipping.
For example at night, the queue for the bar could be 10 mins. After about 6 nights I got tired of waiting to be served so I tipped the bar man £1 as I waited at the side of bar. Yes just £1 and I never queued again. He always recognised me so I would wait at the side of the bar rather than the front and he would get my drinks straight away. Overall I probably gave him a total of £4 for jumping the queue every night.... its nothing.
The restaurants I was telling you about that you have to book. Well you can’t go to the same one twice in your stay. Well just tip the man £1 who books the table for you and your problem is solved ;-). I went to the steak house 3 times.

Gifts-
The Moroccans think we are all Millionaires!!!!
Please make sure you get the prices right down when buying something.
For example in the hotel complex there are a number of stalls which sell watches, hats, clothes etc. The guy selling fake watches started off with a price of 1,300 Dirham’s (£100) and in a few mins we got him down to 200 Dirham’s (£15). So please make sure you work out the costs before buying something because they will rip you off.

Will I go back? -
I am actually planning on going back in Sept this year with my brother for 7 nights. So yes I had a great time and would definitely recommend the hotel.

I hope my review has been useful ;-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

If your looking for an inexpensive place to stay with good pools to relax by and close to beach then this place is for you. We stayed here for 11 nights. Being English you have to contend with being lower down in the staff pecking order. Staff here worship the french, followed by the germans, English and lastly russians. They will serve men before women and just totally ignore a women which is very rude and got on my nerves. But way I figure it is they are the ones losing out on tips so whatever. The food was O.K. I can eat anything really but i must admit I pigged out alot on bread whilst I was there as sometimes choice was limited. My boyfriend got sick the first night and couldnt eat alot of the stuff. So we ventured out to McDonalds a couple of times. However if you befriend the staff you can book into a speciality restaurant each night. Or if walk down to the Promenade for dinner that has many restaurants which were very cheap about £35-40 for 2 ppl. free nibbles, a starters huge main and wine. The grounds of the the hotel are kept well and clean. Although I dont have kids the Animation team can't be faulted. They spent hours playing with the kids and the ADULTS;). Some of the French people were horrors, pushing in dinner queues, stealing beds - the works. so we may have has a few minor disputes :) with some of them which we found hysterical. Although just a short 5min walk across the road and your on the beach which was a joy. No competing for sunbeds. As most of them are reserved by 9am! However we met some lovely people from all nationalities and had a great time. I would definetly recommend this place if your just looking for a relaxing holiday and to unwind and you can. The club being next door suited us to the ground as not too far to stroll home. I didnt hear any noise from the club so I think that depends on where your block is situated. They have a fitness centre but you have to pay extra for that. There is always evening entertainment we skipped alot of it though as after sitting down for 10 mins couldnt take anymore:) So we would head to the bar. It is a bit dated in decor, and mainly in the elderly male staff opinions but we had a great time and im sure you will too.

Ollerton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

food in the oasis was great,never went to the other food places as they were set menu's and if you didnt like it you had no choice,the village was very clean and tidy and location was great and not to far from the airport which is a bonus,rooms were basic but ok and cleaned everyday,service was slow sometimes but you cant have everything.
The entertainment was excellent,however if it was outside your hotel room dont expect an early night as the base on the music was so loud that the glass shook in the windows and the doors rattled it stops at 12am and moves around the resort so i guess you would get it 2-3 times a week.
The inclusive package could have been better the drinks were in tiny paper cups one gulp and it was gone so you had to keep going back and the night snack was only ever pizza and half a chicken roll the package did not include ice cream so if you have kids it costs a fortune and if you play tennis you have to hire rackets and balls which can be expensive.
On the whole we had a fab relaxing week and spent not much money and the weather was great all week.oh the pillows in the rooms are rock hard so be prepared.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Had a fantastic week here except for the food. The food in the Osais resturant was always the same and always cold. Make sure you book the themed resturants for each evening meal, set menus but food was always hot and quite tasty. Had no problems with the room, Fathima the maid cleaned every day and was very quick.
We spent most of the week by the main pool soaking up the sun, try to get there early and make friends with the pool guy then he will make sure you have a sun brolly as these were in very short supply. The beach was a 10 min. walk away from the back of the hotel through a building site but very nice once you got there, but no public loos so beware. This was our first time all inclusive and was great for drinks during the day by the pool and each evening you can get a large bottle of water from reception for during the night, some bars were busy at night but we never had any problems. On check out day they rang our room at 12 to see if we were ready to go and sent a porter for our bags which was great as we were on 2nd floor with no lifts. There are steps everywhere you didnt seem to be able to walk anywhere without going up and down then up again there were a few ramps on some steps ut few and far between. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Must say I have read recent reviews which were bad but we went on 8th march this year and can only say that it was great. The hotel was not full to capacity, maybe half, but everything was great. Food was lovely, drinks the same and service could not be faulted. Makes me wonder if it was because it's busier now and standards drop but must say that we really enjoyed it - so much so that we are looking at going back in a couple of years when my partner is 65 along with all the family. He said he was pleasantly surprised with everything and looking foward to it.
The thing you have to remember is that it is only 3* and yes there are probably better hotels around in Agadir, but probably at a much higher price.
To sum it all up we really enjoyed it!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
South of England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Ignore the bad reviews - we had a fab holiday!

Buffet was clean and had lots of choice - did get a bit bored with it towards the end of our stay but only to be expected. Heard lots of people saying they have eaten healthier than they would at home.

Themed restaurants we only ate at a few - Moroccan was the best, also enjoyed the Pizzeria and Orient Express (Chinese), we werent keen on the Japanese restaurant but this doesnt necessarily mean it was bad - just not to our tastes.

People, staff and locals are very friendly and happy.

Loads to do during the day with the animation team around the main pool if you want to get involved but we chose to stay at one of the quieter pools.

Evening entertainment is a bit tedious but if you are game for a laugh you will always have a giggle - its quite geared for children earlier in the eve though.

Weather was overcast in mornings til lunchtime but still very hot, evenings were quite chilly due to wind off Atlantic Ocean but as long as you take a cardi will have no problems.

We had nothing to complain about and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday - when reading the bad reviews you just need to remember people will always find something to moan about - this is a 3 star hotel and is a good 3 star hotel at that!

Would totally recommend Carribean Village.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Just returned for a week holiday staying at the Caribbean Village.. what can I say, the staff are the most helpful and polite people I have ever met! the location of the hotel is lovely and right on top of the wonderful clean beach!

Ok the food isn't that great! but you can always find something to eat, for lunch we ended up eating at the snack bar most days, which provided sandwiches and salads! evening meals were very much the same each day.. but they catering for approx 2000 guests. also one other good thing was pizza is served everynight from 10-midnight for when you get a bit hungry towards the end of the evening! the themed restaurants were ok.. set menu so you don't have a choice, i would recommend the moroccan and the steak house!

The entertainment staff (animation team) work there socks off.. you see them from 9 in the morning till midnight keeping everyone entertained, from step aerobics, water aerobics, dancing, shows, darts and silly games that they try and get everyone involved in, but if its not your cup of tea just say no and they tend to leave you alone!

There is a kids disco everynight from 8pm and then the adults disco / show from 9pm, the one thing i thought was a good idea was they moved the disco around everynight so it was never in the same bar so it good for people with rooms looking over the pool area.. so it gives them the night off from the noise!

The weather is great, the days always started off as overcast but you can be sure the sun will be out by 1pm everyday when its gets lovely and hot.

The complex is huge with about 4 different pools, my partner and I found something new at the hotel everyday!

I would highly recommend this hotel and i'm looking forward to going back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Village Agador? Share your experiences!