“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Village Agador

You added Caribbean Village Agador to your Saves list
Caribbean Village Agador
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard du 20 Aout, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Hull East Yorkshire
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just returned from 10 night stay and was very very disappointed with the whole of the holiday at this hotel.
On arrival at the hotel no welcome at all no refreshments and so many people tryi to book in at once so had to queue and wait for ages
Our room was diabolical had not been cleaned or made up was so dark dismal and smelt disgusting, we asked to move and was given a choice of 2 rooms & settled for 1 slightly more appealing!
Could not believe the food hall & all the messy dirty tables just left all the time, you then have to pay a waiter to clear them before you can eat have never seen anything like this in a hotel, a drink was split on the floor and it was just left even though there could have been an accident, more the 20 waiters saw it but just left it.
Couldn't believe the miserable arrogant waiters in all bars all the time, it made me very apprehensive wanting to get a drink as I couldn't stand looki at them, they could only be bothered you serve you when it suited them you could be stood there ages waiting!, one waiter in the reception bar shouted so much at me whist asking for a coffee that he almost reduced me to tears, I never went to the bar again after that experience,
Would never ever return to this hotel again!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Polish first
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great complex although pool loungers were a struggle to find even in November off peak, the staff were ok and the animation team absolutely brilliant in there efforts all day long.
The Canteen style restaurant was poor having 4 main problems, finding somewhere to sit even in low season, finding a plate I ate many a meal out off a bowl, finding something to eat, food was of a poor standard and often cold although Microwaves are available, which says a lot and finding cutlery often in short supply.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just back today, so it's fresh in the memory!
Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor we were keen to see for ourselves just what thw Caribbean Village was like having booked a week's AI earlier this year for a bargain price. I dont think I've ever seen such polarised reviews on one hotel!?
Anyway check in was good and speedy, the person that checked us in gave us our AI wristbands, a map of the resort & drew what was where and respective opening times of bars/restaurants. We were shown to our room by a porter who carried our bags for us. We were at the Tamlelt end of the resort, room 4012, refurbed I think & had aircon. Room was a decent size, 2 4ft single beds pushed together, good sized bathroom with a goid shower over the bath, hot water took a while to come through, but it was constant and a decent heat too.
The resort is set around 1 'main' pool with a pool bar & entertainment run by the titeless animation team, there was always something going on here and was a large area, we stayed away from this. We spent our time lounging by one of the many quiet pools which had a smaller bar 30 seconds walk away. There were sunbeds but it was still a case of having to grab them early, the hotel supplies pool towels at 100Dhs per person, per towel & they can be exchanged for clean ones every 2 days, deposit refunded when you hand your towels in at the end of your stay.
Personally, I thought the food was great, it was very samey if you allowed it to be, if you felt like trying something different then you could e.g eggs, omelettes, pancakes amongst croissants, pain au chocolat, cereal, fruit, bread, meat & cheese for breakfast. Pasta, chips, a couple of meat dishes & some massive salads + dessert for lunch & more for dinner with a bit more choice. As mentioned before it is all self service, which we didn't have a problem with, tip your waiters from the off and they can't do enough for you, inviting you to their cleared tables, finding you a table, getting your drinks etc, otherwise you're on your own & you don't actually need waiters at mealtimes other than to clear plates! If you want a bit of service, tip little and often, at least 10Dhs & you won't go wrong, this includes bar staff too, you may even get upgraded from plastic cups (understandable enough in a hard floor and poolside environment) to glasses at the main bar.
I think the main thing to remember is that this is Africa, Morocco isn't a typical European resort & we need to adjust our expectations accordingly, do that & you'll have a great time, even play around with your school level French & 1 or 2 Arabic phrases work wonders too, of course all the staff there speak English, but it doesn't hurt to try does it? The litmus test for me is, would I return to the Caribbean Village& unequivocally, yes I would! By the way, have a 2 hour Berber massage, worth every single centime!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Before I went on holiday (7th November) I read a lot of reviews on here, and could not really make my mind up whether I had made a mistake or not! People seem to either love the place or hate it. For me, it was neither.

Room:
Was OK. 2 Single beds pushed together. Very odd tiling, and step up to the bed area (just like the pics, to be fair). Dated, and strange, but not too bad. Rest was fine. No smells, no insects, no problems. Not for a romantic getaway, could do with refurb.

Complex:
Was nice. Huge, and lots of steps (there are step free alternatives for most routes). Plenty of pools, nicely done I thought. Clean and tidy. No rats, no smells, etc. Could do with some renewal of tables/loungers, but most is OK. Main reception reminded us of a student union bar. Lots of smoke, pool tables, etc. Shop keepers within the complex didn't harass too much, but I saw others being harassed. Basically, they are selling overpriced tat (sorry, but it is). If you want to buy anything I would take a taxi to the open souk (20dhm) and buy there - its such a nice place to visit and you don't get ripped off nearly as much.

Food/Drinks:
Not enough bars (soft drink bars are more plentiful than alcoholic drink bars), so you end up staying by the main pool almost be default, as the other bars are indoors (for beer). If you want soft and alcoholic drinks then you need to queue twice. That gets annoying. Food is pretty poor. Repetitive (as you'd expect for the money), and very bland. They do have tagines of "lamb" (?), chicken and veg fairly regularly, but even they are poor. Not much flavour. Best food I had when there was a Paella, and that is not remotely Moroccan. The a la carte's are odd too. You need to book, but you have no real menu choices (the "steak" house allows you to have turkey instead), and they try to get you out as soon as possible. There are plenty though, which does give a break from the monotony of the self service place. I went to Thailand last year, so have had vaccinations against everything you could imagine, and I very rarely get ill, but I had a bit of a dodgy tummy for the last 3 days.

Location:
Further from the beach than you'd imagine. Its only 5 mins walk, but its out the back entrance of the hotel, across a road over a bridge, and down a path between two other hotels, than across the promenade. There are people trying to sell jewellery, watches and sunglasses all over the beach. This gets tedious. Apart from that, location is good - close to open souk, not too far from harbour, etc.

Overall:
Not bad. Not a romantic trip, but you could probably do worse. Would I go back? No. But then, I don't really plan to go back to Morocco. I think it would be fair to say (having been to Marrakesh) that Morocco does have hotels that are a lot, lot, LOT worse than this. Equally, however, I suspect there are better - though this place wont kill you, and in my opinion isn't bad value for money.

Room Tip: Lots of people change rooms. If you don't like a room go and speak to reception - they are used...
Swansea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is another hotel in Agadir that we have been to before and has gone down hill. When we read reviews stating the rooms were dirty and smelly and the food was poor we thought they were not genuine reviews having been 3 times before lovely rooms and good food this time the room was very dirty and very smelly they did give us another room that was ok the point is we should not of had to change rooms they should all be clean and fit for purpose,also the food was of a lower standard than before.we would not go back even if it was a bargain there are better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

So let me start by saying it was a very cheap holiday for AI so we were not expecting it to be great and it was as we had imagined. The hotel and grounds itself is very pleasant and the layout of the rooms and pools is good. Our room was nice and large with a big terrace and was cleaned everyday - no complaints there.
The food in the main "restaurant" i called it a canteen which was more appropriate was fine and there was plenty of choice but the problem was the service or rather lack of it. You have to find your own table, get your own cutlery and drinks which takes all the joy out of a meal. I managed breakfasts and lunches but after day 3 we either ate at the themed places (inclued) so that we actually got waiter service or ate out as i was hating the stress of the evening meal and what should be a pleasant experiance. All them themed restaurants that we tried were fine but it's a set menu and the portions are small. The best place we went out to was La Scala just outside the back gate which was fantastic and really quite smart.
The beach was great and definitly worth the short walk and also walk along the prom to the marina.
We went on the First choice Marrakesh trip which we thought was overpriced for what we got and we only had 1hr free time to shop when we could have done woith more like 4-5 hours!

Room Tip: we were in block 32 and you still heard the music from the nightclub every night so not great
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed for a week from the 11th of November and were abit concerned by some of the poor reviews. However we found the hotel to be absoloutley fine, its not great by any means but the food was good, the place was clean and everything went smoothly although I can imagine staying there in peak season being hellish experience when things are full to capacity. Being a three star budget hotel I think you need to expect the hotel to be a decent 7/10 and on this basis it delivers. It is never going to compete with any really nice hotels as it is very dated and needs quite a bit of TLC and the staff were not what you would call customer service aware but I think some of this cna be put down to the difference in culture. Our rooms were cleaned really nicely every day although fresh towels were often brought to our room at random times later in the day. The selection of drinks at the bar were standard and the pool bar was especially busy and there only ever seemed to be one barman serving. Overall an adequate experience for the price paid, one of the big plus points the hotel has is its closeness to the beach and the town centre.

Room Tip: We had a room on the far side of the complex you could still hear music from the pool but not to the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Village Agador? Share your experiences!