“good holiday but would save harder and go 4*” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Village Agador

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Village Agador to your Saves list
Caribbean Village Agador
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard du 20 Aout, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #36 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Bedfordshire
“good holiday but would save harder and go 4*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a good holiday and enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is very clean and well kept but the staff lack any supervision. Everything is slow and although I found the staff friendly they seemed very lazy and lacking much customer service. The food is poor and we are not fussy. We ate out of necessity rather than pleasure. The all inclusive is poor and lacking in snacks and ice cream, you got none. We really liked agadir and felt very comfortable walking around. We went to the souk by taxi and had a great day. The beach is lovely and yiu are not harresed. My two teenage daughters found it quite intimidating in tunisia last year but did not feel thia at all jn Morocco. We did the 4x4 trip up the atlas mountains which was interesing for the first few hours but was too long and very expensive for what it was. Whilst we knew there was no air conditioning when the temperatures reached 40 degrees and above it was unbearable and they do not hsve enough fans to hire. In my opinion these should be provided in every room. If you had young children I dont know you would cope. There was the age old problem if sunbeds being saved but we found the moroccan man around quiet pool did his best to find you one without expecting a tip. In general the staff are very friendly but there arethe few who spoil it . The moroccan themed restaurant is worth a visit but it is hard to book in yhe themed restaurant and they book up very quickly. My tip would be to make that your first job as we tried to book on our first morning and were only able to book one. We had a lovely hlliday but that was more due to famiky and friends than the hotel. We would not return tk this hotel but would come back to agadir.

Room Tip: Stay away from main pool as it is very noisy

1,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Annual Family Holiday from HELL
No representative on coach. Coach driver dropped family off at the top of the hill - told us to walk down the road. Entered dark, dingy, unwelcoming reception area with rude staff. Given key to our family room - totally unacceptable due to filth, lavatory etire, broken/old furniture and lack of sufficient space for a family room. Changed the room - informed much better room - received same room but with a pool view. Called the 24 hour helpline - informed me and my family wanted to change hotel ASAP - spent unnecessary charges on mobile telephone - as was told to speak to our representative in the morning. My husband and I spoke to the representative Hamit - he informed there was room in Marrakech at the Palmeria (my family and I stayed there 2012) - he then informed us it would be £1,500 extra - which we were willing to pay. He then paused and informed us that we to now have to pay between £400-£600 transfer fee on top of the £1,500 - this was now unacceptable considering we had already paid nearly £4,000 for our annual family holiday. He then informed us 'the hotel is only for sleeping in - go out and enjoy Agadir he said- My family and I were very disappointed and disheartened - he shrugged his shoulders and said - nothing more for him to do. My family and I walked away.
Our first evening - loud music was played open air throughout complex from 11.00pm-12.30pm - we thought this to be just a 'one off' - no - this was every evening - this is a family complex and not acceptable in any family complex in any part of the world. If not tipping the pool man - customers had to get up around 5.00am to obtain a sunbed - ridiculous!!! - My family and I always have our annual family in holiday in August. I know this is a busy period but not to be able to walk around your lounger sunbed was an unnerving experience for all the family. Meal times was too an unacceptable experience. Apart from the waiters wearing unwashed, stained, opened shirts and waiters hygiene not 100% - their attitude was/is unacceptable. My family and I walked into the restaurant and sat at a table - not known to us there was a loaf of bread on a chair - the waiter came over and spoke very loudly (for all to hear) told us to get up, move, move and shuffled his hands at us - my family and I very embarrassed and humiliated got up and moved. My husband and I observed the waiters - their trick was to put glasses, bread and sets of keys on many tables as though somebody was already sitting there - these places were saved for people who have tipped them or for customers who they believed would eventually tip them at the end of their holiday - and this information was to told to us by a waiter from the hotel.
My family and I spoke to many First Choice customers of the hotel and many families seemed very disheartened and disappointed.
I could go on and on with this complaint but I am so disheartened that I have put my family through our family annual holiday at this hotel.
Please note that this is the first time I have ever felt the need to complain/warn other families of such a hotel - I would strongly recommend no family to go. I apologies for our families negativeness - but this was our true experience / reflection of this hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived back home today after a week in the Caribbean Village Hotel, l have never been in a hotel with so many disappointing features l will start from the time we arrived. You enter a dark reception which looks more like a storage warehouse with its pillars of concrete up to the roof, dark painted colours although l suppose that is the Moroccan way. There were about 30 people checking in over an hour later we were shown to our rooms which consisted of three single beds a table and two chairs. The toilet was separate from the bathroom which held a shower there was a tv which if you wanted to watch you had to leave a deposit for the remote control. There was no air conditioning at all and no towels. It seems there is a block of apartments that do have air con but those are reserved for the Russian fraternity. On entering the room there was a distinct smell of sewerage.
The food was repetitive and did not look appetising at all, although there are at least five themed restaurants which you have to book in advance, most with set menus. The two main restaurants the Le Cloitre and the Oasis the food here was not and did not look appetising. You have to hire kettles, irons beach towels and fans and safety deposit boxes. The towels have seen better days
And hen you take them to be changed they are checked for marks or damage and when eventually she decides to give you clean towels the female assistant washes her hands with a scrunched up face that looks like a bull dog chewing. Wasp, l could have cheerfully smacked her. The reception staff are rude and ignorant so are one or two of the bar staff in the reception bar which by the way was never seen lit up, you help yourself to cold drinks, well, luke warm although l must admit they do make a decent cup of tea. The beach is ok although does tend to be bit smelly, if you decide to spend the day on the beach you can have your lunch bought down to you which is approx 6-8 inches of French bread with either chicken or sweaty cheese wrapped in cling film that is walked down by a women that wanders around as though she has all day, not to be recommend. You are allowed one bottle of water per person per day but only between 19:00 hours and midnight. The resort itself is quite nice they just need to remove all of the staff and replace them with customer friendly staff who don't need a tip before they give you a good service. I will not be coming back here l will also write to Thomsons. Before l went to this hotel l had read the bad reviews l wish l had taken them on board.it seems that the current owner does not spend any tie there because he is trying to sell it.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking
Kent, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went in May 2011- The hotel doesnt look like a hotel from the outside, its kind of hidden away. Its a beautiful place inside, there's like a village of little rooms, ours was bottom floor about a 10 second walk away from the pool which was good. There are 3 pools and entertainment going on throughout the day so if something if going on that you dont like you can go into another pool. The backdrop is stunning especially the big mountain which lights up at night. The place is near the middle of town and us only a stones throw away from the beach, I would certainly

Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Poor quality food. factory food with no meat provided to reduce cost. Only meat provided is chickenand minced meat (can't tell if it is beef lamb horse or camel or donkey!) My child developed diarrhoea shortly after arrival to resort.
Oasis restaurant very crowded and very hot even the fans are out of order to reduce cost and encourage people to leave restaurant earlier).
No ice cream provided for dessert in the hot weather (45 degrees) Oranges are very dry and probably out of date desserts are very poor quality.
Overcrowded resort.
Guests reserve all chairs by the pool very early in the morning probably 5 a.m by putting towels on them even if they come at 12. No enough parasoles so we ended being sunburnt. Guests were very selfish by occupying chairs and parasoles when they don't need it but the management did not do anything about it.
When you want to sit by the pool during the day or night some residents tell you they are reserved even though they are empty for many hours so I had to stand up most of the time and have my soft drink or tea or coffee.
This resort is more useful for people who like to drink free alcohol. You can drink as many beers Gin vodka etc as you want. But for a fmily who have children and do not like alcohol it is of no use.
Most of the staff in restaurant or reception are friendly and helpful.
Gym is not free as advertised but you have to pay more than you do in UK same thing applies for tennis you have to pay for.
Night shows are not great compared to other resorts except for the traditional Morroccan dance show and probably the pool show but people reserved all the seats earlier and would not give it to others who need it. In other words ]there was a lot of selfishness among the guests of this resort . Some of the shows were not appropriate for children like the one were men had to strip their top off. I had to ask my childrent to turn their head away.
Rooms are OK but there was no ventilation in all toilets in the hotel which made toilets smelly all time.
In General if you are a person who want to drink free beers and get drunk and dance nonstop and lie in the sun then this is the right place for you. But if you are non alcoholic with children then it is not for you.
Remember if you want to enjoy this resort you have to be selfish.

Room Tip: I think higher rooms are better as you can leave windows and balcony open when you leave the room to...
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

great staff and very friendly ,went knowing it was a three star ,overall was impressed, packaged my own stay so it kept the prices down, I wouldn't have been so happy paying the tour operators prices,
food was excellent ,lots of different things to try great flavours, the themed morrocan was lovely ,would 't bother with the others ,I found there was enough to choose from in the buffett.
Not enough tables in the evening,we stayed during ramadam and it was quieter than usual which suited us,noticed the change when ramadam was over busier and noisier,
Took my 9 and12 year old girls that had a great time.
this is a family resort,not for solo travellers or couples,
Entertainment staff work long and hard and kept most occupied
Grounds kept very tidy and the gardens lovely
beach is fantastic ,you can order a baguette from reception and they bring it down to the beach for you at lunch time
all in all a great stay

Room Tip: near reception ,as pool area is noisy ,but!! clib outside quite noisy but was closed over Ramadam
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a last minute change of destination and a really big surprise so lets start.
The good
First impression wow this place is huge and impressive. We were welcomed warmly . The complex is spacious and is more like a village laid out in traditional style buildings each with a central courtyard all rooms seem to have large balconies and were spotless.
The very good
The entertainment staff are second to none all are very talented. The complex has its own amphitheatre and nightly shows that we're fantastic. No doubt about it the best I've seen by far. They have there own karaoke stage which was great. All staff I encountered were great but full marks to the entertainment staff. There is also a private beech where you have free use of catamaran surfboards and sea kayaks.
Now the what the !!!
If you have a room above the ground floor the balcony is huge but there is a problem with the doors . Make sure you prop the door open with a chair as if the wind catches it and blows it shut you will be locked out as there is no handle on the outside. Also the main pool is very deceiving you see people at the edge so you think it's ok of your like me and not a great swimmer but step away from the edge and there's a steep slope to the middle and goes from 1.5 m to 4m there is no warnings of this anywhere. However the children's section is separated from this and two lifeguards are quick to react at any sign of danger . One other thing is some staff do favour the French as this was a French colony get to know the staff and this soon stops.
Tips
There are 6 other resteraunts other than the oasis you need to book DO IT the food in oasis is truly dreadful it's the same everyday pasta or chips you have to book the others between 9 and 12 and are part of the all inclusive. Go to the beech in the Morning you will get a sunbed later the sand is to hot to walk on and it gets packed. Don't be tempted by the stalls and shops in the complex it's cheaper outside. If you don't like haggling there I's a kiosk when you go out to. The beach his prices are low and fixed he doesn't hassle you and let's you browse I bought a t shirt for 50 dhm they wanted 160dhm in another its useful to have an idea from his shop and what to haggle to in others.
Pay for the safe we had something stolen from our luggage the staff take it seriously but unless theres a break in or something is broken police won't come.
And finally
Overall dispite the theft I love this place and will go back and it deserves more than its 3 star status.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Caribbean Village Agador? Share your experiences!