“Cheap and very enjoyable!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Village Agador

You added Caribbean Village Agador to your Saves list
Caribbean Village Agador
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard du 20 Aout, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #43 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Hanoi
“Cheap and very enjoyable!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The place itself is decent, not great, but nice enough and clean. Our room was sufficient and the choice of several pools or the private hotel beach meant relaxing was easy. It covers quite a large area so it does have a village feel and you can easily move around for a different atmosphere. We went in winter though so it may be busier in summer limiting choice. The choice of restaurants was good but the food was a little hit and miss. The bars get busy so it's worth tipping to get served faster. The restaurant staff were unprofessional and rude but not so much that it'd spoil your time there. The entertainment crew are annoying and the songs particularly so but some people like it and you're not forced to join in. We went on a trip to the Sahara and one to the Atlas mountains while there so it was a good location for excursions. Good value as it was a very cheap last minute deal and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
Suffolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from a 3* hotel but nothing could have prepared me for this hell hole.
The food was the most disgusting slops I have ever seen, the crockery was chipped, tables dirty and restaurant staff lazy. I survived on chip sandwiches all week as the chips and bread were the only edible thing available. The a la carte japanese restaurant should also be avoided.. I can't even begin to describe how bad this food was, and there was no menu or description/explanation of what was being served to us! By the 3rd course we just laughed out loud and couldn't stop the food looked so bad and I have no idea what it was, some congealed noodles which were crusty on the top and a white slimey thing, i think was fish! The next course came and my daughter cut into chicken and it was bloody, raw inside..I was fuming so we walked out in disgust, went to the shop, brought pringles and sweets and that was our dinner that evening and that cost about £12 in the on site shop!!
The rooms are dirty, the toilets don't flush, the wooden balcony doors don't lock properly and my suitcase lock was broken whilst we went for a walk on the beach. This was reported, but no-one seemed to care, not even Charlie the Thomson rep.
The pools have broken tiles on the bottom and one person had his foot sliced whilst in the pool having grazed it against the tiles.
On a positive note, the drinks are good, all branded Coke, Fanta, Shweppes tonic water.

Outside of the resort was a nightmare, constantly harassed from the minute we set foot outside the hotel grounds. The men selling along the beach don't easily accept no for an answer and will follow you a long way, continuously pestering. Worse than that though are the local Moroccon men who seem to think women tourists only purpose in existing is to be leered at by them. They are super forth coming in their attention seeking ways and again follow persistently which can be pretty intimidating at times. But more than that it is exhausting and really off putting when considering whether or not to venture out.
On a brave day, we went on the Thomson excursion to the Kasbah, museum and Souk. The Kasbah was amazing, scenic and the museum was informative and interesting. The Souk though, OMG! If you are females alone DO NOT GO!!! My daughter and I were met with all eyes on us, the stall holders shouting, nice, nice, beautiful and pretty gross sexual comments which I won't repeat here, my daughter was grabbed by them and dragged back about 6 times, before we got the hell out of there, which was after less than 5 minutes. I really think Thomson should warn women before they go of just how intense the attention is!

The beach is beautiful, the weather amazing, the culture very interesting and Morocco is a culturally educational place to visit, but the downsides, far out weigh the good and this over shadows the whole experience which is a real shame.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs as even the hotel staff, harrass and leer so there is no escape from it.

I am shocked Thomson have anything to do with this hotel as from past experience Thomson holidays have always been 100% fantastic. This was so bad, I don't think I will be trusting Thomson again! Oh I almost forgot we have been back 4 days and our stomachs still haven't recovered! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

If you want to pay £500 for 2 weeks all inclusive and expect king prawns fillet steak and David beckham serving you don't book here
If you wanna pay £500 for 2 weeks all inclusive in a third world country where manners go a long way to people who do there dam best with what they have got then do
If the food doesnt suit you
Go out the hotel and have a meal
If the beer and spirits don't suit you
You musnt drink then????
And if the weather don't suit stay in England
Cos the whether hotel rooms and staff at this hotel are first class
Going back jan2013
For a month
Cheers

• Stayed January 2012
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived on 8/11/12 for an 11 night AI holiday.

On arrival at the hotel, there was a short wait to check in and then we were taken to our room which was 2712. The hotel is quite large but does not feel so, as the accommodation is in blocks scattered around the grounds and at low level.

The room was basic, but we were not expecting luxury for 3*! Room was of a good size, and our daughter had bunk beds down one end of the room and our double (pushed together twin beds) at the other. Bed and pillow hard! Plenty of wardrobe space, shelf space and hangers. Useful corridor area where we stored our cases etc. Loo and bidet separate from sink and shower. Shower large and always hot and of decent pressure. We had a good size balcony with appropriate height barrier, and a distant sea view. TV basic channels but to be honest hardly switched it on. Easy to phone to our friends in another room.

Great swimming pools although water a little cold for us, although our daughter loved it, especially the "Crazy" pool with its great shallow areas. Other pools also of good size.

Did not use the Kids Club, but looked a good area, and had its own small pool, although was located close to a busy road......

Food in main buffet restaurant did get boring, and sometimes we did struggle to find food that appealed. Bread was lovely and omelette man in the morning was fab. Lunches and dinners were quite similar type of food really. A lot of cold salad choices too. We did try some of the speciality restaurants - we liked Madame Butterfly (Asian) and the Steak restaurant the best. Did not enjoy the Pizza restaurant, although during the day this is open for hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches and had a nice lunch there.

The Ice cream/pancake/panini hut is worth trying out although the ice cream flavours were odd one day - coffee and nougat!

Animation team work very hard to involve the guests but are not offended if you decline. Did have some good nights at the pool bar with the music and dancing, but did find the evening 9.30 shows were poor compared to other AI resorts we have been to.

Decided to go on a 4x4 trip using the Black Jeep tour operator parked on the road just as you cross it to go to the beach. Adults - 400 dirhams, for a full day including traditional tagine lunch. A lot cheaper than First Choice/Thomson. Went South, and visited/stopped at various attractions and sites including fishermans houses built into cliffs, ceramics factory, Little Sahara where we had a camel ride, Argan Oil production place, Tiznit (Silver City) where our guide Abdul showed us around the medina. Really enjoyable trip and great to get out and about.

Generally we did find that tipping a few dirhams every few days did help and when we left our maid was overcome with gratitude for the leftover toiletries and clothing we left her.

One slight negative, was some of the shops in the hotel had VERY persistent owners, and you had to be very firm to resist them! We did buy some lovely pictures from one of the visiting sellers and also Ice watches.

If you fancy a bit of home, walking along the beach promenade towards the Marina, will bring you to a good selection of restaurants (including McDonalds and Pizza Hut!) and some shops.

We enjoyed our break and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Some blocks with lower numbers, such as 2200, although nearer main pool, could be noisy at night due...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here 7 yrs ago and went back 12th November this year for a week.
Staff and gardeners are kept busy keeping the hotel and extensive gardens clean & tidy, which they were.
The room was basic but cleaned every day with fresh towels daily, the tv in the room had british channels which makes a change as most hotels seem only to have sky news so if it rains at least you can catch up on the news etc.
The main restaurant had a good variety of food at every meal, something for even the fussy eater.
Only went to the themed Steak House restaurant which we enjoyed.
We were in block 2 and thought it was a good spot to be in near all the main area.
The quiet pool is one of numerous pools in the village which we used daily very peaceful and relaxing.
All in all a really enjoyable holiday and will be back

Room Tip: block 2 as it in the centre of the complex near to all the entertainment etc.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Romsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been meaning to put a lot of my thoughts in writing since returning from this trip as I think all of the others travelling in the group had the same / similar problems:

* Blankets and bed covers dirty.
* Very dated rooms, with many general maintenance jobs in need of attention - balcony light at knee level broken with open wires for example.
* The plumbing in the rooms meant that you had the smells for the toilet waste pipes coming up through the basin, which was disgusting.
* The need to pay a deposit for the swimming towels was unusual to say the least, and they were very unwilling to change the towels for dry ones after it had been raining for 4 days (there was no where to hang them up in the room to try and dry them), it was only after a polite conversation, in French, and asking for the boss, were they changed, and then there furious pointing to the note saying when they could be exchanged (this also was only every other day).
* The restaurant was filthy. When plates were dropped the food was not cleared up properly, so the floor ended up being a skating rink; it was only after one of the 6 years olds in our group fell over and ended up with a huge bump on his head did anything seem to be done.
* Not only was the restaurant visually dirty on the floor, the food hygiene in the kitchens must have been dreadful, as I fell ill with dysentry of some sort within 2 days, as did most of the rest of the group (and many others in the hotel from talking to other guests). I was only glad that I only let my daughter eat cooked and fried food (not considered a healthy diet) to ensure that she didn't fall ill too. I have never been ill like that before, I have a pretty hardy stomach, and it is only during this last week that my stomach has returned to normal.
* It was nearly impossible to get a clean table to sit down at to eat, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner service. In the end you had to clear a table and then go around the serving stations to find clean cutlery and napkins etc (this was whilst the staff stood chatting and glaring at you for being seemingly awkward). Once you had found somewhere to sit, it was then a case of hunting for a plate to join the endless queues to try and get some food, and then hunt / wait for glasses to be able to get some water.
* It is not unusual for it to rain on holiday, but this is when the entertainment team usually step up to organise some indoor activities. They did try, but it usually only lasted for about 30 minutes before they dissappeared again.
* When it came to leaving a porter appeared at the bottom of the room complex and took the bags the 1 minute walk to the reception, and then dumped the bags at the bottom of a flight of stairs so that you were then left to take the bags to the top yourself.
* The room cleaner made up stories every day that she had been sacked, or was leaving, to try and get money. I know some of our group gave her some. I normally would have left something in the room on the day we were leaving, but the expectation of it meant that I didn't.
* Bottled water was only available in the evening, and not behind any of the bars or in the restaurant during the day, and this would not have helped those of us who were taken ill.
* I am a firm believer that politeness and manners cost nothing, and would never be rude to anyone working in a hotel like this, but the surly attitude of the majority of the staff tried this to the limit.

To sum up, I was so disappointed with the whole experience I very nearly booked into another hotel for the last 2 or 3 nights to get away from the place. The ONLY reason I didn't was because it wouldn not have been fair on my 5 year old daughter, she would not have understood why I was taking her away from her friends.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good hotel, take own kettle.The main oasis buffet restuarant food was ok but very repitative lunch was better than evening meal all served with chips, breakfast was bread bread and more bread oh and croissants (the toaster is a gem you need to be there for two weeks to get your bread to go brown) Avoid themed restuarants poor selection and quantity the steak in the steakhouse was very tough and the four tiny potatoes tasted of fish . Had towels stolen off balcony so bring them in at night.
Tip the pool man he will save your sunbeds with his own towels, tip bar staff they will leave you till last otherwise, do not tip either more than 20 dirhams a day.I did not tip restaurant waiters not that friendly. shop outside the hotel it is much cheaper, souk even cheaper just a 10 min 50 dirham ride (less than £4).
The evening entertainment was ok, I have seen worse,(yes ive been to butlins).
you will be fine at this hotel it was well worth the money and yes I would go back(even if it is just to find my towels)

Room Tip: ask for first floor, ground floor has terrace with patio doors that dont always lock
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Village Agador? Share your experiences!