“Nice club hotel but price value does not match. Don't book if kids club is full” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Agadir

Save Saved
You added Club Med Agadir to your Saves list
Club Med Agadir
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route de l_Oued Sous, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #16 of 80 hotels in Agadir
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice location, front beach, food s good
However for the price paid 3500usd for a couple and 2 ids below 7 with no flight.. that is 500usd a day, value is not there and I ve paid at least 30% premium for nothing
room old like doors need refresh painting
GOs are putting energy to make fun in the club
No availability of kid club as hotel is full
Impression is that every day, we try to sell you something like spa, golf, t-shirts...
One last comment, some activities are at 15mn drive from hotel, hotel bus rides offered by hotel.. I was no clear for me before booking

So, in conclusion, if kid club is full, Don't book it.

• Stayed August 2014

928 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

our holiday at Club Med Agadir was really great and fun. We enjoyed it fully and we appreciate a lot all activities including golf and horse riding. those both activities are outside of the club Med (even if it continues to be the club med) but it doesn't mind. you take just few minutes by bus to go the ranch or the golf and you change completely of world. Many thanks to the team of the golf and horse riding. They are always available, sincerely sympathetic and really qualified. It was a real pleasure to meet them and learn the sport. We wish you to continue like time for a long time !

Marc & Diana (Brussels, BE)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked last minute this club med holiday
I and my daughter and son had the best time
The chef du village was great and always there
We love Amin for morning power walk
And Roger for our great tennis coach he was from Nice
Hanna was lovely too at reception
Excellent golf lessons
Loved it
Excellent holiday
Bravo

• Stayed July 2014
Sunbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked this trip for a family holiday and to celebrate my 30th birthday. I was very excited until I read a review saying it was the worst holiday ever from Janet W on this site.

I really started to panic! There was nothing we could do as we were travelling two days later and I am writing this on the day we got back.

The other ladies review did not remotely ring true for our visit.

We were met at the airport and a nice enough man took us to the club, we were met with a cocktail and talked through our stay.

I do have to say it is a very french resort and we were the only English people at the resort! Some staff spoke a little English but we really got by just fine.

We were then shown to our rooms which were tasteful and perfectly clean, our maid/ cleaner even came by Nadia and offered her assistance if we needed it.

Every member of staff we passed said hi throughout our stay, always asked how we were and played with the kids.

The food was plentiful and very good, I would really recommend the Moroccan restaurant on site that serves a typical menu twice a week.

The pool was tranquil but not huge and we loved sitting there drinking our cocktails.

The beach was well kept and a man was always there to offer cold water and towels.

Each night had a different theme which was fun and the GO's put on a fairly good show after dinner.

I have no idea what the other lady was on about but she scared me senseless and I am so glad we went as we will be back in a heartbeat! We were so well cared for and for is it was perfect!

Now it has been there a while and for us we like its simple charm but it is not a luxury 5 star hotel, but after being in many very good hotels around the world we really like it here.

I really wanted to thank Momo and Isabel from the kids club they are amazing people who cared for our children and we couldn't ask for more- we wish them and all the staff that helped make my birthday and our holiday so perfect all the best for the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in a family club. It was inter connecting and had two bathrooms which was a real help. We...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

We are happy to note that you had a great time at Club Med Agadir and that you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday, especially our hospitality, facilities and entertainment, which are completely provided by our G.O teams.

We hope that we might have contribuited for an unforgettable 30th birthday celebration
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I decided to book a last minute holiday in Club Med Agadir (Morocco) for my 15 year old son and I for £2,900 (including Easyjet flights). When I booked, I told the Club Med agent on the phone that we wanted tennis and my son needs to study in the room (he has GCSEs). We were told there were 2 hours of tennis clinics in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Perfect.

After a terrible greeting in the airport, shoddy transfer, half hearted greeting at the club (more on this later) we discovered that the Tennis wasn’t even on site. It was a 15 minute bus ride away. On a horse farm. I am violently allergic to horses (if someone I’m with goes near a horse, I break out in hives and my eyes itch). I was also told that there was only 45 minutes of tennis in the morning (instead of 2 hours) So far, so bad.

After waiting 15 minutes for them to photocopy a ‘welcome pack’ (there wasn’t one in my envelope) and being led to our room (by a GO who didn’t speak a word of English and was quite rude even when I spoke French to her), we arrived a spot that I can only describe as a ‘pit’. We walked down 8 stairs below ground into a smelly, mouldy, dingy, dark, tiny, unventilated room. The beds weren’t even full singles. The ceilings were low. There was mould in the toilet. The pillows were lumpy and damp. The TV had a loop of the activities for the week. Only it was for the previous week. And the only welcome was a single piece of paper with huge lettering on it ordering us not to reserve Pool Chairs and TOWELS WILL BE REMOVED. And then I started sneezing. I can only assume a horse rider stayed in our room. There was no way my son could spend hours every day in this dark pit of a room studying.

I went to the desk to speak to a manager. I waited half an hour and no one came. I was told to go back to my room and the manager would call. We waited, but no call. I called Club Med in London and they said the only thing to do was to talk to the front desk. If I wanted to check out I could get a declaration from the front desk. Still the manager hadn’t bothered to call or talk to me. At this point, I realized nothing is going to happen. The only wifi was in the ‘lounge’ which again, was another dark room where smokers hung out on the other side of the campus (which was big). I tried to find another hotel in the area as clearly Club Med didn’t care. My son was hungry, so we went to the dining area for lunch. The food was mediocre (I’m being generous here).

I went back to the room and still no call from the manager. So I went back to the dark lounge (and these distances weren’t close), found another hotel down the road and booked it. I then went to the front desk and told them I was leaving. Only then did someone slightly more senior come and speak to me. They said they could show me another room, but it was further away and I wouldn’t like it. I told them I was leaving regardless. I couldn’t stay in a room where I sneezed, that was a pit and uninhabitable and also I wasn’t going to be able to play tennis.
I must admit, the Dutch woman at the desk at this point was pleasant. There was still no manager around, so I filled out a declaration and left it there. I would have to pick it up from their gate house later in the week so I could get my refund.

I checked in down the road (to Sofitel –which was fab – and cheaper – and had tennis on site) and picked up my voucher later in the week. Just to be clear: My son and I had a buffet lunch, but I did not use the facilities or unpack. We did not even use the toilets.

When I returned to London, I called the office at 9am on Monday (April 14th 2014) morning to send my declaration in and get my refund. They said I had to email it to a customer complaints. I did so and didn’t hear anything back. Not even confirmation that they received my email. I emailed again. Nothing. And again. I called customer reservations. They said they had a month to respond. At this point, I just wanted to make sure they received my complaint, as I had no way of knowing. I called customer reservations again, kindly asking them to ask customer complaints just to please confirm they had received my complaint (there is no phone number for customer complaints obviously). By Thursday, I received an email saying, yes, they received my complaint and they had a month (by May 12th) to look into it and I would have an answer.

I emailed on Monday May 12th asking for my refund and I received a long email telling me I’m not to get anything. I hadn’t informed them of my allergies on the health form (WRONG: I never filled out a form because I booked last minute), that they showed me another room and I refused (WRONG: I was never shown another room), despite being that they were at 99% capacity (which is difficult to believe). As a gesture of goodwill, they offered me a £625 credit against a future Club Med holiday. I think it’s clear from this email that I will never step foot in another Club Med for the rest of my life (I’d been on 2 Club Med holidays before – one in Antigua and one in Mexico years ago) (both were fine).

So to sum up: in addition to my allergies which made it impossible for me to play tennis and stay in the room, all I can say is that this hotel was the grottiest one I’ve ever been to (and that’s saying something given I travelled around Europe on $30 a day for months!) I did not stay in their hotel. I did not use their facilities and they are keeping £2000 of my money (our flights were max £300 each, plus the transfer plus the lunch – I’m generously saying £900 for all that). I only received this news yesterday so am calling the credit card company, a lawyer and the travel ombudsman today, and of course, going on every consumer advisory site I can get my hands on to stop people from making the same mistake we did.

Other littler problems:
- When we arrived, the transfer person was chatting with his mates, and barely acknowledged us. He pointed at a driver, who led us outside without a word, put our suitcases in the van and locked the van and walked away. Didn’t say: wait here, or we’ll just be a minute. My son and I sat on a kerb for 25 minutes wondering what the heck was going on (just for the record, I speak French, so the language barrier wasn’t an issue)
- Our transfer was only about 25 minutes, so they could have easily dropped us at the hotel.
- I understand the hotel was built in the 60s. It obviously hasn’t been touched since
- The beds were disgusting. The rooms were pathetic. The whole place felt a little sad. That’s the only way to describe it.
- Some of the staff were rude. Not all, but enough to be notable.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this better or more effectively, I’d really appreciate it! I’m pulling my hair out here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my 3rd experience in club med. I came here with my family and some friends for the easter holidays. We all agree that we have a good time but this club is too old and needs some reshuffle. Also I think the quality of the products are not according to his prize. If is an old 3 trident village it should be cheaper! For the rest I just can say a huge thanks to all the petit club and mini club GOs. You make an excellent work taking care of the kids. They didnt want to leave! Also we enjoy a lot our time with the bar staff. Ivo and Ezekiel are awesome, nice and funny Go's. Keep it like that guys!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the sea
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was our second time at this club med resort. Whilst some comments argue that it s the oldest Club Med and it shows I would rather say if it's been around for that long it means they do get the formula right and know how to run it also it tends to be the best value for money club med with direct flights from re uk.
We travelled as a couple with our two daughters 4 and 6 the room was big enough for our family with a separated children room with a bunk bed. Only drawback was that there was only one bathroom with only a shower no bath. The kids loved the bunk bed style room feel of the children's room. Food was good to very good especially anything moroccan. The kids loved the club facilities and always insisted on watching the show meaning they would not go to bed before 22 00 - 23 00 every night. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The children's mini club as per usual were also extremely flexible whether we left the children in the morning or afternoon full day for some activities other not etc. Overall our kids had a blast whilst the parents could enjoy the club facilities and other activities. During the course of the week we went to marakesh, one day we went surfing, played tennis, tried out archery with the kids, rode ponies with the kids as well as camels, we went for a walk up the kasbah and had plenty of beach and pool time by ourselves to relax as well. A club med holiday is as busy as you want it to be. The beach is huge very practical for jogging runs or for the children to enjoy. The club med is in the middle of it as a result you do not feel isolated from the rest of Agadir. This time we explored a bit the various markets and are still unsure about where to get the real deal argan oil but we'll probably return. What may need a bit of time to get used to is the shuttle bus service that takes you to and from the tennis golf and horse riding facilities.

Special mention to the golf activity I took a three day course in a group of 6-8 and our instructor Vaik extremely professional, patient very articulate and always a few jokes. With him I felt I made a lot of progress and his exercises were always spot on to improve or correct certain things. I would recommend taking the course to anyone whether beginner or pro they have something for eveybody.

Room Tip: We were in room 401 which was close to the pond where the frogs would sing at night and you could he...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Agadir? Share your experiences!