“Fantastic holiday - can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Agadir

You added Club Med Agadir to your Saves list
Club Med Agadir
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route de l_Oued Sous, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Watford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday - can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just returned from a family holiday to Club Med Agadir and had a wonderful holiday.
It was our first time with Club Med and certainly will not be our last. We cannot wait to go back.
We were delighted by the children’s facilities, in particular the children’s clubs. We used both the Petit Club and the Mini Club and Isa and her team of staff were fantastic in all areas.
The team in the Petit Club (2 -3) were superb and I felt very comfortable putting my little one in. They were kind, caring and very, very considerate.
My two other children were both in the Mini Club and had an amazing time. They made lots of friends and the variety of activities on offer was superb. Again, the wonderful staff made the experience for them. The team that looked after them were so impressive and the care of the children was genuine.
We were also amazed by the quality of the food at every meal time. We have not been to an ‘all inclusive’ resort for a very long and were slightly dubious, however at Club Med Agadir, it was like visiting a very high quality restaurant every day. The wide selection and presentation was excellent and the staff were fantastic too.
Overall, you could tell that the staff went to a lot of trouble and client satisfaction was key. You could not fault the staff in any way from the lady who cleaned our room (who was wonderful) to the waiters, staff at the front desk and of course the amazing children’s team.
Thank you Club Med Agadir – we will definitely go back (hopefully in the very near future!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
St Helier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After extensive research for a holiday that would have a kids club for a 4 month old and a 2 year old, we plumped for Club Med, and in Agadir where you are pretty much guaranteed the weather. We arrived a day late due to fog and our flights being cancelled, but were still met at the airport for our transfer.

We arrived and went for a drink in the bar and met Isa, the leader of the Petit Club, who was just wonderful, she made me feel really at ease about leaving our young baby with her team. From that moment on I was so impressed with the kids clubs. The staff are wonderful, not all speak English but it wasn't necessary, our son was made to feel so welcome despite it being primarily French. And our baby was so well looked after despite also having a little bit of sickness due to the heat, so for me the kids clubs made our holiday. A special mention for Momo who was in the Petit Club, he is a special guy who has a gift with children.

However, if I didn't have kids I wouldn't have chosen Club Med. For one week we were the only English there, and at some times felt a bit second class to the French, who I believe Club Med is an insitution for. All communications are in French and thankfully my husband can speak a little French.

To cut a long story short, here are the pros and cons:

Pros
Excellent choice of food
Kids clubs were fantastic
Pool was lovely and clean, and fresh towels
Lots of entertainment for kids and adults

Cons
Small rooms
Complex is a little dated but very clean and still good
Too french, they should accommodate the English a little more if they are marketing to that market

I would definitely go to Club Med again with small children.

Room Tip: Not sure about the rooms on a higher level but the ones on the ground floor were small.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I go to Club Med for the entertainment, their "GO's" are professional and caring. We were not disappointed from this standpoint during our stay in March 2013, thanks to Isa and her "Petit Club" team (our three-year old was asking to "go back to school" every morning ever since he woke up) and Lahoucine for his crisp morning walks, taking us to "La Casbah" in one hour or so - for instance. But I must say, this spot in Agadir is fading out fast, furniture is not maintained, amts in the bedrooms etc - I heard that "Club Med" might want to close this one and open a new one in a few years from now since they don't have direct and exclusive access to the beach anymore. So this is a "cash cow" I guess, making money on the reputation and - I heard - fabulous golf... But ths is not a good calculation of theirs to despise other customers, for this price, second-hand furniture and bedroom environment is not acceptable, I am sure I can find close-enough a level of services like the GO's at many competitors'... As for the food, I found better at many other competitors' by now. The "buffet" is standard for a four stars, and I would even say, there is not enough variety, for instance the pastry is always the same and not even leveraging off the local recipes - only poor, industrial French pastries most of the days. Instead, vegetables are local but the same for all meals, egg plants and zucchinis and tomatoes - not much imagination...

Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went to Club Med Agadir in October (first time to a Club Med resort) with our 2 kids (3yrs and 5yrs). Overall the experience was very good. We managed to relax, whilst the kids enjoyed the Baby & Mini Club in the day (plus evening events). All in all, we would (and have) recommended. The food, pool, beach, drinks, entertainment is excellent. Top marks.

A few points though that I would point out - for improvement:
1) the quality of the front staff desk if fairly average at best. Not very helpful and not attentive. This was consistent across almost all of them. They are the first point of contact and let the other team down.
2) The Horse Ranch needs a lot of improvement. The lady manager does not exactly make zoo feel welcome, the horses look hungry, the tour led us out into nowhere and mz wife who does not ride a lot found herself having to gallop and go on roads with cars whizzing past (DANGEROUS), whilst the instructor sauntered in front, doing nothing and the equipment is not up to scratch (nails sticking out of saddles).
3) Most of the resort needs to be renovated. That said, we knew it was a 3* resort, but still, little things can create a bad impression. Chips everywhere on the furniture / tiles, mould on the bathroom walls, rips on the towels etc....
We would consider returning, but do feel the Management need to address a few things to live up to its promise.
James

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a week at Club Med Agadir this October. It was his forth time and my first.
We had a really good time and all the G.O.s did a fantastic job, always friendly and entertaining. Especially Kevin at the reception was very nice and helpul.

For the purpose of increasing the quality of the services, we do have to mention a few things that should definitely change.
First, and most outrageous is the photography service. They are not coherent as far as pricing and unfortunately we had to waste our time trying to negociate prices. They charge the equivalent of 10 euros for a printed photo!!! Of course we had more than a hundred as they take pictures of guests throughout the day and we were very disappointed to find what amound they required for our photos. A rip off! So I asked them to put 10-15 photos on our USB key and offered 30 euros. He said that for this amount he will put only 3 phtos on the USB key. We felt like we taken advantage of. And probably we were not the only ones. Who knows how many parents have to empty their pockets b/c they would be sorry to leave there the pics of their children. Deceitful and cruel! This made us very angry especially with the management of Club Med. They should not allow this. It's bad enough that everywere you go locals are trying to rip you off just because you are a tourist. Inside the club things should be different.
The second thing is the fact that they did not always have labels with the food on the buffet. I am a vegetarian so many times I had to ask the staff what different things were. I have to say that they were a little careless and even told me they didn't know without offering to ask the kitchen.
Third, the room. It had an old feeling and def did not like the cover. The ceiling in the bathroom had mold on it and the shower was not cleaned well. Cleaning service not thourough at all.
Last, the trips service. The staff was ok, but did not give complete info regarding the itinerary and so on. We always had to ask additional questions. It feld like we had to pull their tongue. We did a trip to Marrakech and hated Jardin Majorelle. Waste of time considering how many other interesting things we could have done in the city of Marrakech. The other sites we visited were very nice and the guide as well as the driver extremely nice and professional.

All in all we really had a good time and liked the club but wanted to mention these things hoping the club will get even better.

Cheers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, España
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never done club med before, this place was recommended. The best bit was the effort from all the staff! Amazing! They are very friendly and helpful specially 'Momo' a guy who work in the mini club. He was the swetest and nicest guy we have ever meet. He is one of the reasons we are writing this review. Our oldest dauther can be a little bite dificult sometimes and he was superb with her. We also found the girl at the reception Hanah very kind and helpful as well.
You literally do not need to leave the resort if you don't want to. Food good, however was a little repetitive!! The rooms were perfect, clean and we even the girls where next o us we could have some privacy as well.
Highly recommended and congratulations to the staff, specially Mohammed 'Momo' and Hannah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just got back yesterday from our 1 week holiday at Club Med Agadir.. I really didnt want to leave, we had such a lovely time..

Myself, my partner and my 2 children (5 & 10) decided to visit Morocco and after searching online this hotel ticked all our boxes. We wanted a holiday where the children would be happy and we could relax.. This was perfect..

The mini club caters for children aged 4 - 10, so both my girls went along. As it was September, the hotel was fairly quiet, and there was only 3 children at the mini club (including mine) Which was fine, they had the kids pool practicly to themselves, and did many fun activities such as Archery at the ranch which was all included.. Mohammed was wonderful with the children and they really looked forward to seeing him everyday, I have to say, he was fantastic, went out of his way to entertain the children, and was always smiling :) That said, all of the staff were wonderful..

We found this continuously throughout the hotel, all of the staff made a huge effort to make us feel comfortable 24/7.. Most of the staff speak at least a little english, and even those who didnt, always found someone who could help.. The service was trully outstanding..

Our room was a standard family room, and we were more than happy with it.. It was a little small perhaps, but very comfortable, clean and well located. The kids were thrilled with their room as the had a very cool cabin bed, and we had a nice patio area overlooking the pretty gardens.

Prior to our holiday, we did read some negative reviews on the hotel, however they did not put us off.. We knew the hotel was one of the oldest Club Med resorts and in reality, over all, we found it to be very attractive, well laid out, and although a little tired in places, the experience we had here, definately exceeded our expectations.

The buffet was very nice, I myself am a vegan and found plenty of delicious food each meal time.. The head chef made a great effort, and by day 2 had noticed that I didnt eat meat, and even offered to cook something especially if I wasnt happy.. (I didnt need to, there was so many lovely dishes to try) We certainly never went hungry..

Also loved all the fresh fruit on offer throughout the day.. yum

Drinks were great, my boyfriend really liked the beer, he said is was strong and good quality, and I enjoyed a wide choice of fruit juices, cocktails, sangrias, iced tea throughout the day/night..

The hotel is located by the beach in agadir, and has its own roped off section to relax.. The beach there is clean, the sand, very soft, and the waves huge! We had a great time on the beach and the beautiful view of the hillside from there.. (lovely sunsets to be seen)

I have horses here in England, and really wanted to try the horseriding at the ranch.. I booked a 2 hour forest hack for myself, and an hour lesson for the girls. The ranch was just a short bus trip from the hotel, and was very attractive. There is a bar there, tennis, horses archery etc etc.. They tacked up a beautiful roan horse for me, and I had an amazing morning riding through forest, over sand and through a lake.. The terrain was crazy but it was a fantastic experience.. Having said that, after my ride I had some apples I had brought for the horses, and looking around the stables was quite upset to see the state of some of them. I had ridden Turk, who was in good condition, but some of the others looked emaciated. You could see their ribs and their hips were very hollow, this was very upsetting indeed and definately needs to change..

The boutique at the hotel had lots to offer, and was reasonable value. We did buy a few souvenirs there, but also ventured out to find some real bargains at the markets aswell.

The entertainment was very, um, entertaining.. The hotel staff worked hard transforming the pool area, and outside buffet on various nights.. There was a dress code and theme every night which we really enjoyed. There was also a theatre, with a show every other night... The children loved it, my boyfriend was invited to join in one night as "the doctor" which was absolutely hilarious.. Very light hearted and fun!

There was only ourselves and one other english couple in the entire hotel during our stay. We actually found this very refreshing and didnt stop us from meeting so many nice people and learning a little french at the same time. Everyone was very sociable and friendly..

I would just like to add a massive thank you to all the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome :) Kevin on the reception desk, the lovely Portuguese girl from the Spa (sorry never took her name) Everyone involved in the mini club, and everyone else working there September 2012.. In the words of my daughter, it was an Epic week, and I highly recommend Club Med Agadir to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing and fun holiday :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Great Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful and comprehensive review.
It’s great to see you had fun and relaxing holiday with your family and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the food and the entertainment. We are also glad to see your children had fun and were well looked after at Mini Club Med. We always aim at providing our guests with the best possible service.

Thank you and we hope to welcome your family again very soon.
Best wishes,