“A Great Family Resort but a few suggestions to improve” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Agadir

You added Club Med Agadir to your Saves list
Club Med Agadir
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route de l_Oued Sous, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland
“A Great Family Resort but a few suggestions to improve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went to Club Med Agadir in October (first time to a Club Med resort) with our 2 kids (3yrs and 5yrs). Overall the experience was very good. We managed to relax, whilst the kids enjoyed the Baby & Mini Club in the day (plus evening events). All in all, we would (and have) recommended. The food, pool, beach, drinks, entertainment is excellent. Top marks.

A few points though that I would point out - for improvement:
1) the quality of the front staff desk if fairly average at best. Not very helpful and not attentive. This was consistent across almost all of them. They are the first point of contact and let the other team down.
2) The Horse Ranch needs a lot of improvement. The lady manager does not exactly make zoo feel welcome, the horses look hungry, the tour led us out into nowhere and mz wife who does not ride a lot found herself having to gallop and go on roads with cars whizzing past (DANGEROUS), whilst the instructor sauntered in front, doing nothing and the equipment is not up to scratch (nails sticking out of saddles).
3) Most of the resort needs to be renovated. That said, we knew it was a 3* resort, but still, little things can create a bad impression. Chips everywhere on the furniture / tiles, mould on the bathroom walls, rips on the towels etc....
We would consider returning, but do feel the Management need to address a few things to live up to its promise.
James

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a week at Club Med Agadir this October. It was his forth time and my first.
We had a really good time and all the G.O.s did a fantastic job, always friendly and entertaining. Especially Kevin at the reception was very nice and helpul.

For the purpose of increasing the quality of the services, we do have to mention a few things that should definitely change.
First, and most outrageous is the photography service. They are not coherent as far as pricing and unfortunately we had to waste our time trying to negociate prices. They charge the equivalent of 10 euros for a printed photo!!! Of course we had more than a hundred as they take pictures of guests throughout the day and we were very disappointed to find what amound they required for our photos. A rip off! So I asked them to put 10-15 photos on our USB key and offered 30 euros. He said that for this amount he will put only 3 phtos on the USB key. We felt like we taken advantage of. And probably we were not the only ones. Who knows how many parents have to empty their pockets b/c they would be sorry to leave there the pics of their children. Deceitful and cruel! This made us very angry especially with the management of Club Med. They should not allow this. It's bad enough that everywere you go locals are trying to rip you off just because you are a tourist. Inside the club things should be different.
The second thing is the fact that they did not always have labels with the food on the buffet. I am a vegetarian so many times I had to ask the staff what different things were. I have to say that they were a little careless and even told me they didn't know without offering to ask the kitchen.
Third, the room. It had an old feeling and def did not like the cover. The ceiling in the bathroom had mold on it and the shower was not cleaned well. Cleaning service not thourough at all.
Last, the trips service. The staff was ok, but did not give complete info regarding the itinerary and so on. We always had to ask additional questions. It feld like we had to pull their tongue. We did a trip to Marrakech and hated Jardin Majorelle. Waste of time considering how many other interesting things we could have done in the city of Marrakech. The other sites we visited were very nice and the guide as well as the driver extremely nice and professional.

All in all we really had a good time and liked the club but wanted to mention these things hoping the club will get even better.

Cheers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, España
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never done club med before, this place was recommended. The best bit was the effort from all the staff! Amazing! They are very friendly and helpful specially 'Momo' a guy who work in the mini club. He was the swetest and nicest guy we have ever meet. He is one of the reasons we are writing this review. Our oldest dauther can be a little bite dificult sometimes and he was superb with her. We also found the girl at the reception Hanah very kind and helpful as well.
You literally do not need to leave the resort if you don't want to. Food good, however was a little repetitive!! The rooms were perfect, clean and we even the girls where next o us we could have some privacy as well.
Highly recommended and congratulations to the staff, specially Mohammed 'Momo' and Hannah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just got back yesterday from our 1 week holiday at Club Med Agadir.. I really didnt want to leave, we had such a lovely time..

Myself, my partner and my 2 children (5 & 10) decided to visit Morocco and after searching online this hotel ticked all our boxes. We wanted a holiday where the children would be happy and we could relax.. This was perfect..

The mini club caters for children aged 4 - 10, so both my girls went along. As it was September, the hotel was fairly quiet, and there was only 3 children at the mini club (including mine) Which was fine, they had the kids pool practicly to themselves, and did many fun activities such as Archery at the ranch which was all included.. Mohammed was wonderful with the children and they really looked forward to seeing him everyday, I have to say, he was fantastic, went out of his way to entertain the children, and was always smiling :) That said, all of the staff were wonderful..

We found this continuously throughout the hotel, all of the staff made a huge effort to make us feel comfortable 24/7.. Most of the staff speak at least a little english, and even those who didnt, always found someone who could help.. The service was trully outstanding..

Our room was a standard family room, and we were more than happy with it.. It was a little small perhaps, but very comfortable, clean and well located. The kids were thrilled with their room as the had a very cool cabin bed, and we had a nice patio area overlooking the pretty gardens.

Prior to our holiday, we did read some negative reviews on the hotel, however they did not put us off.. We knew the hotel was one of the oldest Club Med resorts and in reality, over all, we found it to be very attractive, well laid out, and although a little tired in places, the experience we had here, definately exceeded our expectations.

The buffet was very nice, I myself am a vegan and found plenty of delicious food each meal time.. The head chef made a great effort, and by day 2 had noticed that I didnt eat meat, and even offered to cook something especially if I wasnt happy.. (I didnt need to, there was so many lovely dishes to try) We certainly never went hungry..

Also loved all the fresh fruit on offer throughout the day.. yum

Drinks were great, my boyfriend really liked the beer, he said is was strong and good quality, and I enjoyed a wide choice of fruit juices, cocktails, sangrias, iced tea throughout the day/night..

The hotel is located by the beach in agadir, and has its own roped off section to relax.. The beach there is clean, the sand, very soft, and the waves huge! We had a great time on the beach and the beautiful view of the hillside from there.. (lovely sunsets to be seen)

I have horses here in England, and really wanted to try the horseriding at the ranch.. I booked a 2 hour forest hack for myself, and an hour lesson for the girls. The ranch was just a short bus trip from the hotel, and was very attractive. There is a bar there, tennis, horses archery etc etc.. They tacked up a beautiful roan horse for me, and I had an amazing morning riding through forest, over sand and through a lake.. The terrain was crazy but it was a fantastic experience.. Having said that, after my ride I had some apples I had brought for the horses, and looking around the stables was quite upset to see the state of some of them. I had ridden Turk, who was in good condition, but some of the others looked emaciated. You could see their ribs and their hips were very hollow, this was very upsetting indeed and definately needs to change..

The boutique at the hotel had lots to offer, and was reasonable value. We did buy a few souvenirs there, but also ventured out to find some real bargains at the markets aswell.

The entertainment was very, um, entertaining.. The hotel staff worked hard transforming the pool area, and outside buffet on various nights.. There was a dress code and theme every night which we really enjoyed. There was also a theatre, with a show every other night... The children loved it, my boyfriend was invited to join in one night as "the doctor" which was absolutely hilarious.. Very light hearted and fun!

There was only ourselves and one other english couple in the entire hotel during our stay. We actually found this very refreshing and didnt stop us from meeting so many nice people and learning a little french at the same time. Everyone was very sociable and friendly..

I would just like to add a massive thank you to all the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome :) Kevin on the reception desk, the lovely Portuguese girl from the Spa (sorry never took her name) Everyone involved in the mini club, and everyone else working there September 2012.. In the words of my daughter, it was an Epic week, and I highly recommend Club Med Agadir to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing and fun holiday :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Great Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful and comprehensive review.
It’s great to see you had fun and relaxing holiday with your family and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the food and the entertainment. We are also glad to see your children had fun and were well looked after at Mini Club Med. We always aim at providing our guests with the best possible service.

Thank you and we hope to welcome your family again very soon.
Best wishes,

Your Club Med UK Team.
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Some apprehension before departure as some review was rather negative. But at the end of a one week stay there, I can only have a positive comment on this resort.

Room spacious enough and really quite at night and clean. Excellent room service. Good service and choice at the bar. Food buffet varied and quite good. Sometimes at rush hours the service to clean and dress table was slow, but the staff was always nice and helpful.

Swimming pool fine except perhaps when too crowded but the beach was always a better alternative. The spa was clean, proffesional massage.

Shuttle to the ranch and to the golf was well organised and it is easy to organise activities, excursion or tennis classes, horse riding, etc.

Finally you can easily escape the daily show if you don't like but you can also enjoy all the festivities as you like

Overall a very nice stay for a family with kids

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, without see view might be quiter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my 6th Club Med in 10 years, and 2nd one in North Africa, so I'm no stranger to the Club Med experience and ways of doing things. This time round though I was quite disappointed with my week here. However, what follows has to be put in context of fact that I'm a single parent with a 16 year daughter, and someone who speaks no French. Sure those who stayed in Agadir, who were there as couples and who spoke some French, had a different experience. Also, my 16 year old had an enjoyable time, making friends with the French and local teenagers.

In contrast to all the other Club Meds I've visited there was no attempt to speak English at any of the functions/shows by the GOs/hosts, most of the written information I received was only in French/Arabic, and the few times I had to speak with staff at the front desk they struggled to understand what I was asking them. The food was as always plentiful but was pretty average and a lot of the dishes (chicken/meat) seemed to have too much salt in them. The bedrooms are small and the sports facilities are limited and you're faced with a 15 min coach ride to the Ranch to play tennis, archery or go horseriding. Again I knew these facts before going but the reality compounded the disappointing experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Great Member,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your holiday experience in our Agadir resort. It is only with constructive criticism such as yours that Club Med will be able to monitor and improve if necessary, the standards and quality of services offered in all its resorts worldwide.

Regarding the difficulties you faced for the language, we were very sorry to note the level of your disappointment with regards to the lack of English spoken at the resort. We can assure you that the local management has been made fully aware of the matter, to ensure Agadir continues to respect its English commitments, such as the presentation of the evening shows, daily information meetings in English, plus English-speaking interlocutors at the front desk and Kids Clubs, as well as an English representative who organizes weekly dinners with natives.

Please note that whilst Club Med is a French company with a majority of French guests and members of staff, it is only fair to say that we aim to do our utmost for our English customers to feel less “disadvantaged” by providing English members of staff wherever possible.

On behalf of Club Med, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion.
We hope that despite the issues raised in your review, we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you in one of our resorts in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,
Your Club Med UK Team
Rugby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great week spent at at Club Med Agadir in June 2011. The staff at this village go to a lot of trouble to bring the Moroccan culture into the resort. The evening entertainment and festivities were superb, ranging from bellydancing and snake charming, to an evening of Berber food under authentic tents. One day there was a 'White Evening' the whole restaurant and swimming pool were dressed up in white, fountains in the pool etc- it was absolutely magical. it was unusually hot though, 42 degrees in the shade it was almost unbearable. The rooms have fantastic AC though which is a relief and there is always cooling mint tea avaiable at the bar to keep you hydrated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Agadir? Share your experiences!