“Perfect place for the whole family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Agadir

Save Saved
You added Club Med Agadir to your Saves list
Club Med Agadir
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route de l_Oued Sous, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #17 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Barcelona, España
“Perfect place for the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never done club med before, this place was recommended. The best bit was the effort from all the staff! Amazing! They are very friendly and helpful specially 'Momo' a guy who work in the mini club. He was the swetest and nicest guy we have ever meet. He is one of the reasons we are writing this review. Our oldest dauther can be a little bite dificult sometimes and he was superb with her. We also found the girl at the reception Hanah very kind and helpful as well.
You literally do not need to leave the resort if you don't want to. Food good, however was a little repetitive!! The rooms were perfect, clean and we even the girls where next o us we could have some privacy as well.
Highly recommended and congratulations to the staff, specially Mohammed 'Momo' and Hannah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

893 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just got back yesterday from our 1 week holiday at Club Med Agadir.. I really didnt want to leave, we had such a lovely time..

Myself, my partner and my 2 children (5 & 10) decided to visit Morocco and after searching online this hotel ticked all our boxes. We wanted a holiday where the children would be happy and we could relax.. This was perfect..

The mini club caters for children aged 4 - 10, so both my girls went along. As it was September, the hotel was fairly quiet, and there was only 3 children at the mini club (including mine) Which was fine, they had the kids pool practicly to themselves, and did many fun activities such as Archery at the ranch which was all included.. Mohammed was wonderful with the children and they really looked forward to seeing him everyday, I have to say, he was fantastic, went out of his way to entertain the children, and was always smiling :) That said, all of the staff were wonderful..

We found this continuously throughout the hotel, all of the staff made a huge effort to make us feel comfortable 24/7.. Most of the staff speak at least a little english, and even those who didnt, always found someone who could help.. The service was trully outstanding..

Our room was a standard family room, and we were more than happy with it.. It was a little small perhaps, but very comfortable, clean and well located. The kids were thrilled with their room as the had a very cool cabin bed, and we had a nice patio area overlooking the pretty gardens.

Prior to our holiday, we did read some negative reviews on the hotel, however they did not put us off.. We knew the hotel was one of the oldest Club Med resorts and in reality, over all, we found it to be very attractive, well laid out, and although a little tired in places, the experience we had here, definately exceeded our expectations.

The buffet was very nice, I myself am a vegan and found plenty of delicious food each meal time.. The head chef made a great effort, and by day 2 had noticed that I didnt eat meat, and even offered to cook something especially if I wasnt happy.. (I didnt need to, there was so many lovely dishes to try) We certainly never went hungry..

Also loved all the fresh fruit on offer throughout the day.. yum

Drinks were great, my boyfriend really liked the beer, he said is was strong and good quality, and I enjoyed a wide choice of fruit juices, cocktails, sangrias, iced tea throughout the day/night..

The hotel is located by the beach in agadir, and has its own roped off section to relax.. The beach there is clean, the sand, very soft, and the waves huge! We had a great time on the beach and the beautiful view of the hillside from there.. (lovely sunsets to be seen)

I have horses here in England, and really wanted to try the horseriding at the ranch.. I booked a 2 hour forest hack for myself, and an hour lesson for the girls. The ranch was just a short bus trip from the hotel, and was very attractive. There is a bar there, tennis, horses archery etc etc.. They tacked up a beautiful roan horse for me, and I had an amazing morning riding through forest, over sand and through a lake.. The terrain was crazy but it was a fantastic experience.. Having said that, after my ride I had some apples I had brought for the horses, and looking around the stables was quite upset to see the state of some of them. I had ridden Turk, who was in good condition, but some of the others looked emaciated. You could see their ribs and their hips were very hollow, this was very upsetting indeed and definately needs to change..

The boutique at the hotel had lots to offer, and was reasonable value. We did buy a few souvenirs there, but also ventured out to find some real bargains at the markets aswell.

The entertainment was very, um, entertaining.. The hotel staff worked hard transforming the pool area, and outside buffet on various nights.. There was a dress code and theme every night which we really enjoyed. There was also a theatre, with a show every other night... The children loved it, my boyfriend was invited to join in one night as "the doctor" which was absolutely hilarious.. Very light hearted and fun!

There was only ourselves and one other english couple in the entire hotel during our stay. We actually found this very refreshing and didnt stop us from meeting so many nice people and learning a little french at the same time. Everyone was very sociable and friendly..

I would just like to add a massive thank you to all the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome :) Kevin on the reception desk, the lovely Portuguese girl from the Spa (sorry never took her name) Everyone involved in the mini club, and everyone else working there September 2012.. In the words of my daughter, it was an Epic week, and I highly recommend Club Med Agadir to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing and fun holiday :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Great Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful and comprehensive review.
It’s great to see you had fun and relaxing holiday with your family and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the food and the entertainment. We are also glad to see your children had fun and were well looked after at Mini Club Med. We always aim at providing our guests with the best possible service.

Thank you and we hope to welcome your family again very soon.
Best wishes,

Your Club Med UK Team.
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Some apprehension before departure as some review was rather negative. But at the end of a one week stay there, I can only have a positive comment on this resort.

Room spacious enough and really quite at night and clean. Excellent room service. Good service and choice at the bar. Food buffet varied and quite good. Sometimes at rush hours the service to clean and dress table was slow, but the staff was always nice and helpful.

Swimming pool fine except perhaps when too crowded but the beach was always a better alternative. The spa was clean, proffesional massage.

Shuttle to the ranch and to the golf was well organised and it is easy to organise activities, excursion or tennis classes, horse riding, etc.

Finally you can easily escape the daily show if you don't like but you can also enjoy all the festivities as you like

Overall a very nice stay for a family with kids

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, without see view might be quiter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my 6th Club Med in 10 years, and 2nd one in North Africa, so I'm no stranger to the Club Med experience and ways of doing things. This time round though I was quite disappointed with my week here. However, what follows has to be put in context of fact that I'm a single parent with a 16 year daughter, and someone who speaks no French. Sure those who stayed in Agadir, who were there as couples and who spoke some French, had a different experience. Also, my 16 year old had an enjoyable time, making friends with the French and local teenagers.

In contrast to all the other Club Meds I've visited there was no attempt to speak English at any of the functions/shows by the GOs/hosts, most of the written information I received was only in French/Arabic, and the few times I had to speak with staff at the front desk they struggled to understand what I was asking them. The food was as always plentiful but was pretty average and a lot of the dishes (chicken/meat) seemed to have too much salt in them. The bedrooms are small and the sports facilities are limited and you're faced with a 15 min coach ride to the Ranch to play tennis, archery or go horseriding. Again I knew these facts before going but the reality compounded the disappointing experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Agadir, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Great Member,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your holiday experience in our Agadir resort. It is only with constructive criticism such as yours that Club Med will be able to monitor and improve if necessary, the standards and quality of services offered in all its resorts worldwide.

Regarding the difficulties you faced for the language, we were very sorry to note the level of your disappointment with regards to the lack of English spoken at the resort. We can assure you that the local management has been made fully aware of the matter, to ensure Agadir continues to respect its English commitments, such as the presentation of the evening shows, daily information meetings in English, plus English-speaking interlocutors at the front desk and Kids Clubs, as well as an English representative who organizes weekly dinners with natives.

Please note that whilst Club Med is a French company with a majority of French guests and members of staff, it is only fair to say that we aim to do our utmost for our English customers to feel less “disadvantaged” by providing English members of staff wherever possible.

On behalf of Club Med, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion.
We hope that despite the issues raised in your review, we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you in one of our resorts in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,
Your Club Med UK Team
Rugby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great week spent at at Club Med Agadir in June 2011. The staff at this village go to a lot of trouble to bring the Moroccan culture into the resort. The evening entertainment and festivities were superb, ranging from bellydancing and snake charming, to an evening of Berber food under authentic tents. One day there was a 'White Evening' the whole restaurant and swimming pool were dressed up in white, fountains in the pool etc- it was absolutely magical. it was unusually hot though, 42 degrees in the shade it was almost unbearable. The rooms have fantastic AC though which is a relief and there is always cooling mint tea avaiable at the bar to keep you hydrated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just returned from a 7day trip with my 7year old daughter and overall I have to say the resort is lovely, food amazing and lots to do if you want to. You have the option to join in with sporting activities or just lounge by the pool or the beach.

The only word of caution for me would be that main lanague is French and everything from instructions about events and activites to information left in your rooms is in French. Ordinarily when travelling you just have to get on with it and attempt the language but when my daughter went to the MiniClub on two ocassions there were no other English speaking children, not a problem as kids just get on with it and play but the GOs level of English was a concern for me as she has an allergy which I did not feeel they understood. This meant she only went twice and until there were other English speaking children she did not want to go. The GOs relied on the French children who did speak English to translate for her. I just felt this was poor and it did impact on our holiday a bit.

Apart from that ClubMed have a formual that works and if I could be assured that my daughter was in good hands I would go on another ClubMed holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Great Member,

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor your experience at our Agadir Club Med Resort. We are happy to see that you and your daughter had a great time and that you appreciated the nice balance between sporting activities and relaxing moments.
On a different note, we would like to thank you as well to share your feeling about the lack of English spoken at the Mini Club Med. Please rest assured we advised the local management to improve the level of qualities we offer to our customers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in one of our Resorts.
Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks at ClubMed Agadir and would go back tomorrow!! It is a perfect place to entertain children and adults, with a very helpful and dedicated GO/GE team.
Yes, it is dated, some areas are very tired, the rooms are small and the features and fixings ready to exhale, but they are clean, there is plenty of hot water in the shower and the beds are comfortable. The buffets are plentiful and the cocktails perfect"!
The swimming pool is small but there is a lane dedicated to swimmers.
The entertainment is great and non-stop, the children are treated like royalty and supervised by the nicest GO...( special mention to Baboo and Raja in charge of the ado club!!). My daughter went horse riding a lot, and again, I can't thank Dorothee enough for her professionalism and kindness.
I have been holidaying in Agadir for many years, possibly been to every hotel, Club Med is my favorite by far.
I would like to mention Jeremy (Tennis), Ben (sports), Mbarak( boutique)...4 stars to you guys!!!!!

Room Tip: A club (cheap) room is enough if you do not plan to spend much time inside. Luxe rooms are bigger an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Agadir? Share your experiences!