“A great introduction to Agadir/Morocco” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Timoulay

Save Saved
You added Hotel Timoulay to your Saves list
Hotel Timoulay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cite Founty F6 Baie des Palmiers, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 80 hotels in Agadir
London, United Kingdom
“A great introduction to Agadir/Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Timoulay is a fantastic hotel and caters for all types of travellers including families. The staff were very pleasant, welcoming, helpful and accommodating to our needs. Our room, a suite was very clean and spacious with 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs and a balcony for a group of 3. There was plenty of storage space and was extremely comfortable and cosy. It was very much a home away from home. The pool area and outdoor terrace are well laid out with plenty of space to relax and never felt crowded.

The breakfast was mouthwatering array of food with so much variety that you would never get bored. We were out most of the time and so didn't get to sample the evening buffet but had one or two meals at the bar which were delicious and fresh.

I would definitely stay again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. The photos on Tripadvisor don't adequately convey just how wonderful this hotel is. It's quiet, reasonably priced and conveniently located a short taxi ride from the beach and nearby mountains.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

798 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was great. I stayed in a suite with 2 friends for 5 nights. Very clean & spacious with 2 bathrooms which was perfect for 3 girls. The staff were all friendly & very helpful. The breakfast was amazing as was the choice of food for lunch and dinner although we dined out most of the time.
The free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel was also a great bonus.
We were able to change our British pounds at the hotel reception and used our bank cards to settle our hotel bill on the last day.
The hotel is a 7min (15-25 dirhams) taxi ride away from the main strip but it was just what we wanted.
There is a mini supermarket 10mins walk away for drinks and snacks which is reasonably priced. The pics on the website don't do the hotel justice, it's a lot nicer and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
north east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the. Best hotel we have stayed in as a package deal.the rooms were beautiful and the views from every room was great. No need to ask for a pool view they all have them. The pool are was the. Est we have been to with the exception of Buccament Bay.The restuarant was immaculately clean and the food could not be faulted.Staff we very pleasant and attentive.

Room Tip: Do go !!!!!
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in the Timoulay Hotel for 11 nights recently with my partner.

The hotel was a very clean and pleasant. The staff were all friendly and professional. The waiters provided some of the best service I've ever experienced. The food was also great, very fresh and never got repetitive.

I would however like to highlight two negative experiences that occurred during my stay, simply as I'm sure the hotel would like to know and I feel that future visitors might want to know;

- The Bar..... For some reason I was turned away a couple of times as the bar man claimed to stop serving alcohol at 9:30pm, which didn't bother me much, however I was told that other hotels continue to serve much later. Also, every night the bar was full of Moroccan men till around 11pm, which made seating scarce and getting a beer even more difficult. If a guest pays to stay in a hotel then that guest should be able to enjoy the whole of the hotel including the bar. I would have paid the extra £400 to stay in the RIU if I'd have known the bar would be like it was!

- The Spa.....I had a really good massage in the spa but it wasn't faultless, in fact the matters surrounding that massage made it hilarious! The young women with the glasses (manager I think) became quiet assertive and obnoxious when I said I wasn't comfortable wearing nothing but a paper thong for a back massage! She eventually let me wear my swimming shorts but I felt her attitude was very uncalled for. I was even more disappointed when she barely broke a smile at my 100dhm tip! One final point in relation to the spa, my partner (who braved the thong) told me she felt very uncomfortable during the session as she claimed the female masseuse didn't cover her with a towel at all and gave a very intimate massage i.e. toooooo far up the legs and thoroughly rubbing oil into her bare chest! (unfortunately I wasn't in the same room :-D)

All in all though a good hotel for those that want to experience Morocco!

Room Tip: Top floor, all the rooms have great views
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came with a group of friends in Mid-June.
We absolutely loved this hotel. It was crystal clean, all staff were extremely friendly.
The Spa is beautiful and very relaxing. The Pool area was our favourite part as it was nice and quiet and not too busy.

Breakfast was nice.
Only downside is that the location is not very great. Although it is very close to the beach (five minute walk), it is in a very quiet area... no surrounding shops etc.
Hotel is very quiet, but this can be nice for those wanting to relax.

Our friends were upgraded to a suite for free which was lovely.

Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room which was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at Hotel Timoulay for a week after spending three nights at a Riad in the centre of wonderful mad-Marrakech, and the difference was tangible!

The Timoulay is a 4* hotel that thoroughly deserves to be a 5*! I can only praise this hotel in everyway. The communal areas, rooms and spotlessly clean and well maintained, and all the staff are just fantastic.

The restaurant has a great selection of delicious, well cooked Moroccan (obviously!) styled food.
There's a good selection of wines and bottled beer, but i would say that the wines are Moroccan, and that some of the reds aren't to everyones taste.
The bar and lounge sitting areas are also comfortable, as are the patio areas.

I've noticed that on this site that a few people have mentioned that the pool water is a bit salty, maybe they didn't read the brochure correctly because it's quite clearly advertised as being a 'salt-water pool'. That doesn't mean it's just sea-water, it's cleaned and filtered and doesn't cause any of the burning-eye problems that often occure in over chlorinated pools.
Like everything else at Timoulay, the pool area was spotlessly clean and well kept.

We stayed mid June, out of high season and out of the school holiday period. There were plenty of free sun loungers and other pool side sitting areas available throught the day, and no-one was up at the crack of dawn setting their towels on the loungers, which was a very pleasant first!!

The beach is an easy walk from the hotel (less than 10 mins) and you can hire two loungers and parasol for 40Dh per day (£2.80).

Agadir beach is huge, 6Km in length. Hotel Timoulay is situated and the quieter south end. There are some bars and restaurants, but most of the bars are at the north end along with the Marina and harbour.
The corniche is well paved, and well maintained. It's also regularly patrolled by security from various hotels, and also by Police. It's a VERY safe area (as is Agadir in general) and is a lovely walk. Taxi's are easily available, and you can get pretty much anywhere in Agadir form the Timoulay for less than 20Dh (£1.40)

I really can't praise this hotel or its staff highly enough, and i'd be more than happy to recommend it highly.

Well Done Hotel Timoulay!!!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a fantastic hotel and which really feels like a five star hotel and I honestly could not fault a thing with my 2 week stay here.

From the moment you arrive to check in your are sat down and made to feel welcome and ultra relaxed which sets the tone for the rest of the holiday.
The rooms are large, modern and spacious with a lovely view of the hotel. (I would say the higher you are the better view of the bay you get) but nevertheless you still get a nice view of the pool and rest of the hotel. The rooms were always clean and spotless and come with a fridge and even a secure safe at no extra charge .

We went half board(breakfast and dinner) and were not disappointed. There was a great selection of food and there was something for everyone. The evening buffet was absolutely fantastic and the bbq grill was also excellent.

The Timoulay has a really relaxed atmosphere where you are not hassled and are left to totally relax and unwind however if you want anything the staff are always there to assist. The staff could not do enough for you and always had a smile on their face. NOTHING was ever too much trouble. One evening we arrived late for dinner but the staff went out of way to accommodate us and were so polite as they didn’t want to rush us!!! A special mention to Youseff, Tarik and Issam who really went above and beyond what we could have expected and made our holiday extra special.

All in all a great hotel and think you would be hard pressed to find any faults with this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors have better views of sea
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Timoulay? Share your experiences!