“Lovely place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes B.P. 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SUMMER DEALS
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Essex
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The grounds of this hotel are immaculate & well looked after & clean. There are kitten & cats around that are well looked after & are friendly. Large choice of food at meal times. You see the manager every day making sure everything is ok and you are happy, never seen that in my life in England. Staff are friendly and have great sense of humor. Mattress is a bit hard even with toppers, no tea or coffee in room. Due for a total refurb in November. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have just 1 week here, wishing it was longer! The location is great. Rooms are adequate but are all due a refurb this year. Food is adequate but plentiful. The staff in this resort are exceptional. Animation team/Pool Staff make the holiday and will go to exceptional lengths to ensure you have a safe and pleasant stay. Highly recommend.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My overall holiday experience could have been better if the weather was warmer. However I still judged the hotel based on my experience with them. Firstly as I was travelling with a 4 month baby his feeding is obviously my priority. So I emailed the hotel asking if they provide kettles so that I can sterilise baby bottles. The reception manager nnamed Ilham replied saying we can book one for deposit. Which I had no problem with. We arrived at hotel at midnight obvs tired with a baby and 4 year old. Didn't get my sea view room as I had to pay extra. Good thing I didn't. Weather was misty. No double beds. Only twin beds! Next morning husband went down to request the kettle as I had to make up my baby's feed. Only the same manager Ilham told my hubby they don't provide kettles and told him that he has to go out and buy one! I complained to Thomson Rep and after hour and a half we got a kettle. Apparently they only have 2 kettles throughout the entire hotel! So then I went down myself and had a word with Ilham too and showed Thomson Rep the email. Whilst having a heated discussion with Ilham over the fact my baby had to wait for his feed the other receptionist started shouting something in his own language. For a 4 star you would expect some courtesy. So that was our first day. Food was good definitely. But the morroccan restaurant offered similar food to main with less choices. They could at least pour coffee during breakfast and you have to get your own drinks and cutlery during lunch time. I wouldn't book this hotel again. Does not look 4* and certainly doesn't feel like you're in one.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just back from 2 weeks at Riu Tikida Dunas, really loved it, staff very friendly and helpful, management were on the ball and ran a tight operation, Thomson reps Abdi and Nita were excellent ambassadors for Thomson's, that's now 3 Riu hotels we've visited without complaint.

Room Tip: Blocks 3000 and 5000 have the best sea views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Brotton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our holiday at this hotel was great, the staff, food, facilities all fantastic, not so great was the weather. I do like my holidays for the weather and I found this place cloudy and overcast each morning untill around lunch time. We did pay extra for sea view room however wish we hadn't bothered as we didn't see it until nighttime, nice to have patio doors open though to listen to the ocean

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Returned from a 1 week stay at the end of May 2014 completely relaxed and refreshed.
The hotel was clean and well maintained. Service from cleaning and dining room staff was excellent. Entertainment staff was just right - there if you want it, but didn't bother you if you didnt.The night time entertainment was poor and their shows were a waste of time. It would have been cheaper and more fun to have a couple of disco nights for middle aged customers in their show annexe. However full marks for the all inclusive menu and set up.There was always plenty of variety for the one week stay there. Drinks were always available through the day and evening.
The location was good - right on the sea front but there was little else to do locally other than walk along the prom which stretched for miles. We took taxi rides out to see the rest of the area.
I would choose a Riu hotel again for my next holiday as the standard was excellent but not at this location as I prefer my holidays to be a little more lively.

Room Tip: Room 2005 was in a seperate block with a sea view. Outside the patio there was a private grass verge...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed for a week here in late May 2014. I would really recommend the hotel. I naively thought that the weather would be a bit warmer at this time of year (in my mind we were in Africa!) but it was mid to late 20s. The wind could get up though and be quite chilly. Girlies - bring a cardi for breakfast and evenings! The sea is freezing - I thought we would be able to swim in it without feeling numb!

Some if the things we liked about this hotel:
The food is lovely. Great choice and good quality. No dodgy tummies here. There are plenty of options for fussy children too and the pistachio ice cream is delicious!

All drinks are all inclusive. No silly rules or signing for them. The mojitos are particularly good. In the restaurant the rose wine is very drinkable (and not very alcoholic so no bad heads the next day!)

My 6 year old enjoyed the kids' club for a couple of mornings. The resort is compact enough to feel he was safe and the ladies that run it are very sweet with the children.

We enjoyed the evening Africa dance show at 9pm in the 'theatre'. Some of the other shows were lacking. The entertainment team work very hard to keep you busy. However, we liked the fact that this is a quiet resort (subtle music round the pool) with not too many screaming, unsupervised children or drunk people embarrassing themselves around the pool - the resort has got it right. Fortunately there are lots of more elderly folk and we liked the mix of people from lots of different Nationalities.

Everywhere is really clean. Rooms are large and fresh towels/toiletries daily. We asked for a mattress topper on our bed as mattresses are hard. The hotel also fulfilled our room request (we paid for sea view) and we had the most amazing view - big thanks to Ms Ilham on reception who was lovely to me and even arranged transport from the airport ( for 30 euros) when our plans changed and I was travelling alone with only my young son. The driver was safe and careful and even met me inside the airport on arrival.

The hotel changes sterling to dirhams at a fair rate (better than the airport). You can even change as little as a fiver. Very useful.

Some of my negatives:
The outside pools are not heated. They really are cold. They look stunning but that us because you have to be so brave to go in them! Wish I had researched this before I went. The pool man said they were 23 degrees. They felt colder as so massive.

I am glad the resort is to have a refurbishment. My son cut his foot on the broken tiles in the indoor (heated) pool. The pool tiles need some work. Some parts looked tired too. They did paint our balcony whilst we were there - interesting to discover a man on the top floor balcony painting when you come out of the shower naked and the curtains are open! A little note round to inform us would have been good...

We got a bit frustrated not to be allowed to sit where we wanted in the main evening restaurant. The waiters appear to have silly rules and their own agenda (perhaps it is because we never tipped them...).

There are sun bed wars everyday. Some people reserved the loungers from 7am!!! Some reserved sun loungers were not sat on until after 2pm!!! Others then had to sit on the grass - very inconsiderate of people. The resort needs to tackle this. There would be plenty of sun loungers for people when they need them rather than thinking they have a right to that lounger (and sometimes one for their invisible friend/child) from dawn to dusk.
You get given pool towels but only between 9-12 and 3-4, if there are any left. Plan your day around when you can get a towel!!

The resort was busy (yes - it was half term week and they said that every room was taken so there were no late check outs available - not needed for easy jet but for Thomsons flights. There was queues for food/ bar service on some occasions.
Wi- fi was only in the lobby and was very slow, but was free...

I booked the hotel on the internet (£970) and easy jet flights which was considerably cheaper than a package deal with Thomsons. It also gave us more flexibility which we needed in the end. Taxis were easily obtained from the hotel. I had a great time away and would visit both the hotel and Agadir again.

Room Tip: Room 5207 was lovely and quiet and you could hear the waves on the beach with an amazing view. Was...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas? Share your experiences!